Where is the Dodge Caravan fuse box location?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Where is the Dodge Caravan fuse box location?” We will list the common types of fuses in the Dodge Caravan. We will also describe the steps to replace a blown fuse in the Dodge Caravan. At the end of this post, you will learn the importance of a fuse box in a Dodge Caravan.
Where is the Dodge Caravan fuse box location?
The Dodge Caravan fuse box is located under the hood to the right side of the battery compartment. It is easy to locate the Dodge Caravan fuse box. Pop the hood and search for the battery compartment towards the ring end, and you will be able to find the fuse box. Some Dodge Caravan models’ interior fuse box is under the steering column.
The latest models of the Dodge Caravan arrive with just one fuse box located under the front hood. It is important to know the location of the Dodge Caravan fuse box. The fuse box plays an important role in the vehicle by protecting it against overcurrent and short-circuiting. The fuse box also protects the engine control unit of the vehicle.
Types of fuses in the Dodge Caravan
There are multiple fuses, which might look confusing, but if you follow the owner’s manual and check the diagram, you can locate the right fuse. It is also important to know the common types of fuses in the Dodge Caravan.
- Micro2 (5-30 amp)
- Micro3 (5-15 amp)
- Mini & Low Mini (2-30 amp)
- Regular ATO/ATC (1-40 amp)
- Maxi Heavy Duty (20-100 amp)
Each of these fuse compartments has an amperage connected to a particular function. For example, the main light of the vehicle will be connected to a dedicated fuse panel. Likewise, most electric components are directed with the right amperage to the appropriate fuse. Knowing the types of fuses and their functions in the Dodge Caravan is essential.
Steps to replace a blown fuse in a Dodge Caravan
At some point in time, you are sure to encounter an issue with a blown fuse in a Dodge Caravan. Knowing the steps to replace a blown fuse is important, as it can come in handy in crucial situations. Here are a few easy steps to replace a blown fuse.
Remove the battery
- To change a blown fuse in a Dodge Caravan, it is important first to remove the battery. The battery is located right near the fuse box, and working on it with the battery in place can be challenging. Remove the battery to create more space to work on the fuse box.
- Remove the battery holder that is securing the battery to the vehicle. Use a 13-millimeter socket to start removing the battery holder. While removing the battery, make sure to remove the negative cables first.
- While connecting the battery, it should be done the other way around. Use a 10-millimeter spanner to remove the negative and positive connections to the battery.
- Lift the battery out of the hood and store it in a safe place. Do not expose the battery to water, rain, or direct sunlight.
Open the fuse box
- Now that the battery is out, you will have more working space. The Dodge Caravan fuse box has two clips on either side on the right. Press the clips and lift the cover to open the box.
- Now you can see that the fuse box diagram is imprinted on the Dodge Caravan fuse box cover. You can also remove the entire top cover from the fuse box.
Detach the fuse box
- The Dodge Caravan fuse box is secured to the vehicle, and you will need to detach the box to work on replacing the fuses. Locate the nut that is holding the fuse box to the vehicle. With the help of a 13-millimeter socket, remove the nut and keep it in a safe place.
- The Dodge Caravan fuse box will remain secured with four plastic clips on each corner. Make sure to remove those clips properly without breaking them. Gently apply pressure to these clips and pull them out to release the box. You must repeat the process on all four sides.
- Once the clips are unhooked, you can lift the fuse box and pull it out of the metal bracket holding the box.
- Try not to pull the entire box out since it is connected to all the wires from the bottom. The easiest way will be to slant the box towards the side and remove the wires from the bottom to clean them.
- The other method is to leave the box the way it is and just replace the blown fuses. However, it is recommended to clean the wires at the bottom.
Locate the blown fuse
- The next step is to locate the fuse that is blown. The easiest way to go about this process is by referring to the Dodge Caravan owner’s manual. Look for the fuse section in the owner’s manual by looking it up in the index.
- Identify the blow fuses and remove them with the plastic fuse puller tool. The plastic fuse puller tool is usually located in the front left area of the panel. Use this tool to get rid of the blown fuse.
- Check the fuse by holding it up against the light. If the thin metal strip is still intact in the middle section, it means the fuse is still good. If the metal bar in the middle is burnt or broken, it means the fuse is blown and must be replaced.
- A new fuse for the Dodge Caravan is not too expensive, and it is always good to change the fuse occasionally. Make sure to get the standard fuses for the Dodge Caravan.
Replace the fuse
- Once you remove the blown or old fuses, you will need to replace them with a new one. Make sure that the fuse has the same amperage rating. Replace the tool with the fuse puller and close the Dodge Caravan fuse box lid.
- Connect the wires at the bottom if you have removed them, and tighten the fuse box with the 13-similiter socket to make sure it stays in place. Be sure to fix the lid properly and close the fuse box without fail.
- Be sure to fix the battery back in its place and connect the wires the other way around. Connect the positive cable first and then connect the negative cable. Use the 13-millimeter socket to tighten the battery and secure it to the holder.
Those were the simple steps to replace a blown fuse in a Dodge Caravan. The fuse box plays a vital role in the Dodge Caravan. Knowing how to replace a blown fuse in an emergency is important. A blown fuse can cause a faulty light or lead to other damages in the Dodge Caravan.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Where is the Dodge Caravan fuse box location?” We have listed the common types of fuses in the Dodge Caravan. We have also described the steps to replace a blown fuse in the Dodge Caravan