In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Where can I live in my RV year-round?” We will talk about choosing the right RV Park and the advantages of staying in an RV Park. We will also talk about the various RV Parks including luxury resorts and KOA campsites. Additionally, we will talk about a few tips for living at RV Parks.
Where can I live in my RV year-round?
You can live in your RV year-round at long-term RV parks. These parks allow you to reside in your recreational vehicle year-round. Of course, you are required to pay a fee for using their space and utilities. Certain RV parks might allow you to purchase a site if required. You cannot park your RV at home and live in it permanently or all year round.
A large population of people lives in RV parks in the US alone. With thousands of RV Parks across the country, there are plenty of options to choose from. Just be sure to get the right RV Park that will suit your needs. Several people live throughout the year in RV parks or campsites with their entire families. Some people just take a year off and enjoy living in an RV.
You will need to be ready for challenges since there are pros and cons of living in an RV park year-round. Some people only live in RV Parks for a season. But if you are looking for something more than a couple of months, it is advised that you do your research before getting the right RV Park.
Choosing the right RV Park
- When planning to live in an RV year-round, the most crucial part is choosing the right RV Park. In case you are not comfortable you can still opt to move out of the park if required, but this is going to be a hassle.
- Getting the right RV Park or campsite is the first and most important step. There are plenty of private campsites and RV Parks in and around your area so be sure to get the best.
- The first thing to do is to find out if RV Parks allow long-term camping options. Researching the internet is one of the easiest ways to get to know if you can live in an RV Park year-round.
- You can directly call up the park and ask them if they have these facilities. You can also check on specific websites that are used to find RV parks like Campendium.
Advantages of staying in an RV Park
Every RV Park has their advantage and disadvantage. Many parks have several facilities that can be used to your advantage. One of the biggest perks of living in an RV Park throughout the year is the cost. RV enthusiasts have found this to be a major advantage and some of them do this to save money.
Saving on rent
- There are indeed plenty of advantages of staying in an RV Park all year long. Remember that the longer they stay, the cheaper the rent, RV Parks are not like homes and you will not end up paying an excessive amount.
- These private parks also work differently as they have monthly, yearly, and weekly rates. Getting a discount is sure to be one of the perks of staying in an RV Park.
- It is a known fact that most RV Parks have some of the best amenities. As a temporary resident of the park, you will get to use all the amenities.
- These amenities include laundry, gym, swimming pool, etc. Some parts offer extra facilities for free. By using these facilities, you will continue to save more money.
Creating an outdoor living space
- The good news is that you are not restricted to living only inside your RV. One advantage at RV Parks is that you get to make sure of the outdoor space.
- You can set up a table with a couple of chairs and even move your cooking to the outside. This is where your RV awning comes in place and you can make the best of it at RV Parks.
- Select an RV Park that is spacious and has plenty of facilities that can accommodate outdoor activities.
- Make sure that the RV Park has all the facilities to pick up trash, refill propane, and properly dispose of your gray water and black water tanks.
- Ensure to check the hookups and see if they are the right match for your RV.
There are many options when it comes to finding long-term RV Parks. Most RV lovers choose private parks to get some of the best benefits. However, there are a few other options that are available to choose from. Apart from the private RV Parks, there are luxury RV Parks and Resorts. There are also KOA Camps to choose from.
Private RV Parks
Private RV Parks and resorts are one of the best options as they provide extended stays. These private parks can also be rented every month. Many RV parks might not advertise long-term stays on their website. Be sure to call them and check on this and ask them if you can extend your stay.
You can make use of KOA Camps and even camp for a month if you want. KOA camps are situated in several locations and they provide the best resources for RVs and campers. You can check the KOA website online or download the application for reservations. KOA also requests their guest to call in advance if they wish to stay long.
Luxury RV Parks and resorts
If you are planning on staying for a long time, luxury RV Parks are known for offering long-term parking. Make sure to plan your camping to be on the safe side. The only disadvantage with luxury RV Parks is that you might need to wait for a slot since there are always people on the waiting list. Luxury RV Parks are sure to have the best amenities, but you might need to pay extra.
Camping membership clubs
Finding a long-term camping membership club is another option and a huge benefit. Such discount clubs are good for those who want to camp for a long time. You will get several benefits like yearly maintenance. These clubs are also useful for short-term camping. It is useful if you camp often during the year.
The ultimate idea for long-term camping is to save money. Make sure you get everything in order before camping at a site. You might need to sign some documents and abide by the rules and regulations of the campsite. Be sure to fill in the right information and read the documents twice over to check if there are any hidden charges.
Tips for living in RV Parks
Most campsites are pretty open about their camping laws and there are usually no hidden charges. On the other hand, there are many free campsites across the country that you can make use of. However, these might not allow you to camp for the long term. It is advised to stick to one campsite rather than moving around every couple of months.
It is also important that you have access to supplies and other important facilities. Make sure that the RV Park is located near some hospital. It is also important to check if the Park has the right hookups for your vehicle. Water is also one of the most important things that you need to consider and make sure that you have enough supplies for the camp.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Where can I live in my RV year-round?” We have talked about choosing the right RV Park and the advantages of staying in an RV Park. We have also talked about the various RV Parks including luxury resorts and KOA campsites. Additionally, we discussed a few tips for living at RV Parks.