Where can I buy old Onan RV generator models?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Where can I buy old Onan RV generator models?” We will discuss the advantages of buying an Onan RV generator and also talk about a few tips to purchase a used RV generator. At the end of this post, you will be able to purchase a used generator that will match all your needs.
Where can I buy old Onan RV generator models?
You can buy old Onan RV generator models online from third-party vendors like eBay and wood stock power. These websites have some of the old Onan RV generator models that are refurbished and ready to be sold. Wood stock power claims to sell dependable used Onan generators. These generators are thoroughly inspected and tested by experts.
Wood stock power has a wide range of generators including diesel, electric, and natural gas generators. You will also find portable generators, standby generators, single-phase, three-phase, and stationary generators. On the other hand, you also have a wide range of Onan RV generators found on eBay. These are used generators but they arrive in a decent price range.
Advantages of buying an Onan RV generator
Old generators do come with a slight drawback but not if you purchase the best-selling brands. Onan generators have stood the test of time for not decades but more than a century. These generators have incredible performance and are known for their longevity. Here are the advantages of buying an old Onan RV generator.
- Onan generators have dependable power and they have high-quality pure sine wave electrical outputs. These generators are sure to deliver the kind of power that is required to get your rig up and running.
- Onan generators have a history of providing dependable power for years and these are one of their strongholds.
Easy to operate
- Another major advantage of these generators is that they are easy to operate. These generators are easy to install and some of their old models come with friendly automatic start systems.
- These generators have plenty of power and they are extremely easy to use without any difficulty.
Huge variety of generators
- Another major advantage is that these generators have a variety of models. From diesel to liquid propane, electric, and gasoline, Onan generators are one of the best in the market. Some of the latest models arrive with remote-start controls for better and easy handling.
- Despite being one of the best and most powerful generators, Onan is still quiet when functioning. These generators have reduced noise and vibration levels. They are high-efficient generators that function smoothly.
- Another major advantage is that they lower fuel consumption and increase cargo capacity.
- Maintaining a generator is not an easy task, but maintaining an Onan generator can be easy. These generators arrive with less maintenance and there is no need to worry about any yearly maintenance schedule. However, if you are getting an old model that is more than 10 to 15 years, you might need to check it once a year.
Tips to purchase a used generator
Purchasing a used generator might be an easy task but there are various tips to consider before going ahead with the process. There are plenty of used generators that are available for sale but getting the right ones is not easy. Here are a few important tips to consider before purchasing a used generator for your RV.
Select the type of generator
- The first and most important part is to select the type of generator. Once you know what type of generator you need, the purchasing process will get easier.
- If you are purchasing a generator for an RV or motorhome, ensure to check if the generator is built for the purpose. You must deceit the type of generator that you need.
- There are portable, electric, diesel, and other types of generators like propane and gas. Be sure to check if the generator type will match your RV.
- The generator should meet your requirements and be compatible without any hassle. Hence, it is important to look at the type of generator first.
Check the power output
- The next step is to check the power output. This is probably the most important step to check the power output for your RV generator. Note that most RV generators require something between 2000 to 4000 watts.
- Be sure to know what generator is required to power up all your appliances. If you use heavy appliances like air conditioners and furnaces in your rig, you might need to opt for a bigger model.
Consider the size
- The size of the generator does not determine the power. Ensure to remember that before making a purchase. There is no point in purchasing a huge generator and struggling with space in your RV.
- Look for a compatible size and look for a generator that is powerful at the same time. Old generators can turn out to be huge due to make and model. Avoid such huge ones since they do not look good and occupy more space.
Check the brand
- The next and most important thing to consider is the brand. There are hundreds of brands available in the market but only a few have reputed names like Onan RV generators.
- These generators are manufactured by Cummins and they have a widespread reputation across the globe. It is important to consider brands like Cummins or Caterpillar since they are the best in the market.
- It is also advised not to purchase any unknown brands or brands that are not familiar in the market. It can be hard to find spare parts for unknown brands. Hence, it is always good to purchase a known brand.
Check the make and model
- The year of manufacture and the model plays a vital role in selecting a used generator. It is important to look at the model to see if it is compatible with your RV.
- There is no use in purchasing a cheap used generator that might not have the power or durability to power up your RV and its appliances.
- Avoid purchasing a used generator that is too old. RV generators that are more than 15 to 20 years old are not worth the price and hassle.
Check the usage
- While there are only a limited number of things you can do, it is still recommended to try and check the usage of the generator.
- It is good to find out how frequently the generator has been used by the previous owner. The simplest way to get this done is by looking at the odometer of the generator to make sure that it does not have plenty of hours backlogged on it.
- A generator that has been used for too many hours is not going to sever the purpose.
Look at the physical condition
- The physical condition is equally important when it comes to purchasing a used generator. If you find something that does not look good on the generator, be sure to get a better one.
- Avoid purchasing a generator that has any damage and looks in bad condition. There are chances that the generator has not been cared for.
- If the generator looks pretty worn out, avoid getting it since you might have more problems in the future.
Those were a few important tips to consider when purchasing a used generator. An RV generator is one of the most important devices and it is important to get the best one. It is also good to consider the fuel efficiency of a generator. While purchasing an old generator on wood stock power and eBay, be sure to double-check the warranty.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Where can I buy old Onan RV generator models?” We have discussed the advantages of buying an Onan RV generator and also talked about a few tips to purchase a used RV generator. Leave us a comment below and let us know if you have purchased a used generator for your RV.