What is the towing capacity of the Toyota 4runner?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What is the towing capacity of the Toyota 4runner?” We will discuss the towing features and the specifications of the Toyota 4runner. We will also talk about the optional packages that are available with the Toyota 4runner along with some of the key exterior features.
What is the towing capacity of the Toyota 4runner?
The towing capacity of the Toyota 4runner is 5,000 pounds. The Toyota 4runner can tow travel trailers, small to medium-sized boats, and small campers. The Toyota 4runner has various trim models and most of the latest models like the SR5, SR5 Premium, and TRD sport has a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
The Toyota 4runner is a full-size SUV that is also designed for off-road adventures. This vehicle is one of those successful Toyota models and is widely used for towing. It is built to handle tough terrain and is one of those perfect vehicles for mid-sized families and weekend getaways. If you have a trailer below 5,000 pounds, the Toyota 4runner is one of the best options.
Toyota 4runner towing features
The Toyota 4runner arrives with several features and Toyota has ensured to equip the 4runner with towing safety. When compared to all the other models from the same era, the Toyota 4runner stands apart with its features and specifications. The Toyota 4runner has a combination of both good features and towing capacity.
4.0L V6 engine
- The Toyota 4runner has an incredible towing capacity and an off-road combination due to the 4.0L V6 engine. This V6 engine has the power to generate 270 hp and 278 lb-ft of torque. While this might not be a high-output engine, it still has enough power to two 5,000 pounds.
- It has an overhead cam drive setup and an intermediate jackshaft in the middle. Based on the make and body of the Toyota 4runner, the 4.0L V6 engine is the best option.
- The engine has 24 valves with a double overhead cam and variable valve timing. The max payload capacity for the Toyota 4runner is 1,550 pounds.
Integrated towing hitch receiver
- The Toyota 4runner is special due to the integrated towing hitch receiver. This receiver is built for safe towing and is one of those top towing hitch receivers. The integrated hitch receiver is constructed with top-quality materials to last longer.
- The maximum trailer weight or dead weight hitch is also the same 5,000 pounds. The maximum tongue weight for the Toyota 4runner is 500 pounds and the maximum weight distributing hitch is 500 pounds.
- The base curb weight for the Toyota 4runner is 4,675 pounds and the gross vehicle weight rating is 6,300 pounds. When it comes to the front gross axle weight rating, the Toyota 4runner has a capacity of 2,998 pounds. The rear gross axle weight rating is 3,439 pounds.
Wiring harness with connectors
- The Toyota 4runner arrives with a special wiring harness with four and seven-pin connectors. This wiring harness helps to connect your trailer lights without any hassle. It is one of those important features that are required for safe towing.
Those were some of the key towing features of the Toyota 4runner. This SUV has a good balance between its on-road and off-road functionality. The Toyota 4runner also has a decent gross combined weight rating and gross axle weight rating. Overall, it is one of the best SUVs with a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
Toyota 4runner features and specifications
The Toyota 4runner also has some of the best features and specifications as an overall vehicle. The dimensions of this vehicle are built for stability and endurance. It also has an incredible cargo capacity of 89.7 cu. ft. The Toyota 4runner has a good ground clearance of 9.6 inches. Here are some of the features and specifications of the Toyota 4runner.
When it comes to safety, Toyota has never compromised as they ensure to bring out the best for the 4runner variants. Apart from the towing safety features, the Toyota 4runner has all the other required features to keep you safe on your travel adventures. Here are some of the safety features listed below.
- Turn signal mirrors
- 2 front headrests
- 3 rear headrests
- Rear height adjustable headrests
- Rear center 3-point belt
- Remote anti-theft alarm system
- Engine immobilizer
- Lane departure warning accident avoidance system
- Pre-collision safety system
- Post-collision safety system
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Front and rear head airbags
- Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
- Emergency braking assist
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Auto delay off headlamps
- LED headlamp
- Daytime running lights
- Front fog/driving lights
- Stability control
- Traction control
- Child seat anchors
- Rear door child safety locks
- 4-wheel ABS
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes.
Comfort and convenience features
The Toyota 4runner is a versatile sports utility vehicle that has the best comfort and convenience. The 4runner is also easy to handle and convenient at the same time. With some of the best convenient features, the Toyota 4runner is certainly a comfortable vehicle.
- Electro chromatic inside rearview mirror
- Turn signal in mirrors
- Keyless ignition
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel
- Power steering
- Rearview camera
- Adaptive cruise control
- Universal remote transmitter
- Single-zone front air conditioning
- Rear ventilation ducts
- Interior air filtration
- Dual illuminating vanity mirrors
- Front and rear cupholders
- Front and rear door pockets
- Leather and simulated alloy steering wheel
Audio multimedia features
- When it comes to entertainment, the Toyota 4runner has not compromised once again. With just the right equipment and gadgets, the entertainment part is sure to be covered.
- The Toyota 4runner has an 8-inch touchscreen for navigation and the vehicle is equipped with eight speakers for surround sound.
- There is also an AM and FM radio and you can easily connect your android or apple phone with ease. Some of the other key features are the USB media port, USB charging points, and advanced voice recognition. The music streaming via Bluetooth and hands-free phone capability adds to the advantage.
- The Toyota 4runner also has dynamic navigation options and some of the other variants arrive with premium JBL audio speakers.
Toyota 4runner key exterior features
- The overall appearance of the Toyota 4runner is attractive and it is also equipped with the best features. The Toyota 4runner has LED headlights, high beams, fog lights, taillights, and skid plate covering for the engine and suspension in the front.
- The 17-inch bronze alloy wheels and heated power outside mirrors are some of the other key exterior features. The heated power outside mirrors also arrives with turn signal indicators. There are roof rails, TRD roof racks, and external off-road hard badges. Overall, the Toyota 4runner is a rough and tough SUV.
- There Toyota 4runner has optional packages for those who want something more. Some of the options include the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System. This is essential for those who usually require more suspension and travel with a heavy load.
- If you are looking for more storage options, the Toyota 4runner has a sliding rear cargo deck with an under-floor storage compartment. This helps to keep more luggage or cargo. The optional storage is perfect for mid-sized families and for those who love to camp on long weekends.
- Some of the other options include the fold-flat third-row seat and sliding second row with a passenger slide. This has one-touch access to the third-row seat.
- Automatic running boards and power tilt or slide moon roof with sunshade are some of the other additions for the Toyota 4runner.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What is the towing capacity of the Toyota 4runner?” We have discussed the towing features and the specifications of the Toyota 4runner. We have also talked about the optional packages that are available with the Toyota 4runner along with some of the key exterior features.