What is the towing capacity of the Highlander Hybrid?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What is the towing capacity of the Highlander Hybrid?” We will discuss the optional tow package, specs, performance, features, passenger and cargo features, and more. At the end of this post, you will get to know all about the Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV.
What is the towing capacity of the Highlander Hybrid?
The towing capacity of the Highlander Hybrid is 3,500 pounds. There are various trim levels of the Highlander Hybrid that has been manufactured by Toyota. Some of the trim levels are the Highlander Hybrid L, LE, XLE, XSE Limited, and the Platinum trim level. The towing capacity on all these models is 3,500 pounds.
Highlander Hybrid optional tow package
The good news is that Toyota had introduced an optional tow package for his particular model. Since 3,500 pounds was not good enough for some people, Toyota included the optional tow package and increased the towing capacity by up to 5,000 pounds. However, you will need to install the optional tow package to increase the towing capacity.
Highlander Hybrid specifications
Toyota is known for its unique features and they have always been a class apart when it comes to features and specifications. The Highlander Hybrid has some of the best specifications for safety, technology, interiors, exteriors, and more. Below are some of the common and key features of the Highlander Hybrid models.
The dimensions of this vehicle are excellent and Toyota has made this model convenient and comfortable. The Highlander Hybrid is a classy vehicle that has great dimensions. Below are the measurements and the dimensions of this vehicle.
- Length – 194.9 inches
- Width – 76.0 inches
- Height – 68.1 inches
- Wheelbase – 112.2 inches
- Seating capacity – 8
- Ground clearance – 8.0 inches
- Gross vehicle weight – 6000 pounds
- Payload GVWR – 1329 pounds
- Cargo capacity – 16.0 cu. Ft.
- Fuel capacity – 17 gallons
- Base curb weight – 4442.3 pounds
- Horsepower 243 kW
The Highlander Hybrid has a 2.5-liter cylinder engine with a dual variable valve timing. It is also equipped with VVT-i intelligence. The hybrid synergy drive adds to the specs. There is enough space in this vehicle for cargo and it can easily accommodate up to eight people comfortable with the rear seats in use.
Performance and trailering specs
- The performance and trailering specs are incredible for the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Some of the specs like the smart stop technology, electronic brake-force distribution, and the anti-locking braking system are major benefits.
- The hybrid models arrive with electronically controlled braking systems. The driving dynamics of the vehicle are tailored to the three drive modes. Hence, it brings out the best, in performance, and economy.
- You also get to choose the normal mode and the sport mode to unleash the car’s spirit for sharper performance.
- There is an all-wheel-drive and multi-terrain assist control on select models. This will help you navigate through any terrain like mud, rock, dirt, and sand.
- The Highlander Hybrid is a responsive vehicle with great stability. The power and dynamic torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system bring out the optimal performance of the vehicle.
Highlander Hybrid features
The Highlander Hybrid has top-class features and most of these features were designed for convenience and comfort. This is a luxurious vehicle and there are several unique features.
- The interior of the Highlander Hybrid is spacious and there are fabric seats that can be foldable in the second row. The driver’s seat has an 8-way power adjustable mode that brings out the best comfortable driving experience for long-distance driving.
- The passenger seats are 4-way and manual powered. The front seats are heated and ventilated.
- There is a 4.2-inch color TFT multi-information display and a 7-inch color TFT multi-information display. The steering wheel has all the controls and it is a tilt and telescopic steering wheel.
- There is a climate control cabin air filter and a 3-zone independent automatic climate control.
- The floor mats are perfect for all seasons and the windows are powered with auto up and down controls.
- The lighting is illuminated with fadeout options and there are auto-dimming rearview mirrors.
- The exteriors of this vehicle are great and some of the options like the premium LED headlamps are an added advantage.
- There are LED fog lamps, headlamps, daytime running lights, etc.
- The 18-inch alloy wheels and 20-inch alloy wheels are other options.
- There are front and rear splash guards, color-keyed rear spoilers, and bumper protection.
- Some of the other options are the panoramic moon roof, chrome roof rails, power slide, etc.
- There are variable intermittent wipers and windshield wipers that come along with the hybrid variants.
- The safety features are incredible as Toyota never compromised on the quality and the required safety measurements. This vehicle has a lane tracing assist and a lane departure alert with steering assist that is built in.
- It also has a full-speed range dynamic radar cruise control and left turn intersection support.
- The pre-collision system with pedestrian detection and bicycle detection safety systems is one of the biggest perks of this vehicle.
- There is a backup camera, anchors for child restraint seats, front seatbelt pre-tensioners, and force limiters for additional safety.
- The driver knee airbag and front-mounted side airbags for the front seat are pretty common. There are child protector rear door locks and bling spot monitoring with RCTA.
Passenger and cargo features
- The interiors are not only spacious but also versatile allowing you to get the maximum passenger and cargo capacity.
- There are 16 cubic feet of luggage space even with a full load of passengers. You can fold down the seats in the middle to get more space.
- If case you need to carry more gear, you can easily fold the 60/40 split second and third-row seat to get more space. This can help you reach a cubic foot area of 84.3 feet.
- The automatic climate control offers separate second-row control panels. This will keep you and your journey comfortable despite the duration of the journey.
- There are five USB ports and two 12-volt power outlets. Charging devices are pretty easy and you can also make good use of the Wi-Fi hot spot.
- Bluetooth options and excellent audio systems are some of the added benefits. There are six speakers with a Sirius XM satellite radio and android compatibility. You can also make use of the apple car play compatibility.
Despite the best interior and exterior features, there are optional features that you get to choose from. You can upgrade the Highlander Hybrid if necessary by adding some of the optional features. These are some of the best optional features that are available for the Highlander Hybrid.
- Rain sensing wipers
- Ambient lighting
- Digital Display Rear View Mirror
- 18-inch satin bronze finish alloy wheels
- Bronze door sill
- 1500-watt accessory power outlet
- The platinum-colored front bumper and rear skid plate
- Birdseye view camera
- Unique platinum 20-inch alloy wheels
- Heated second-row seats
- Digital display rearview mirror with Homelink
- Head-up display
- 12.3-inch touch display
- Reverse auto tilting exterior mirrors.
Note that not all these optional features are available for all models. Some of the Highlander Hybrid models cannot be equipped with some of these optional features. On the other hand, you will be required to pay an extra fee for these options features. The good news is that you can get to customize and choose what will suit you best.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What is the towing capacity of the Highlander Hybrid?” We have discussed the optional tow package, specs, performance, features, passenger and cargo features, and more. Leave us a comment below and let us know if you have driven the Toyota Highlander Hybrid model.