In this blog post, we will discuss: What is the smallest RV with a washer-dryer? We will tell you what are the best RV washer-dryers and explain how they work.
What is the smallest RV with a washer-dryer?
The smallest RVs with a washer-dryer are:
- Forest River FR3 30DS – this Class A motorhome also offers plenty of space to move around, a king-size bed and a 36 x 30 shower.
- Forest River Heritage Glen 286RL – besides a washer-dryer combo, this fifth wheel offers lots of interesting extras and options.
- Thor Motor Coach Quantum KW29 – a small but attractive Class C motorhome. The washer-dryer is located in the bedroom wardrobe!
- Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS – what we most love about this Class C RV is the walk-in closet and the washer-dryer combo in the bathroom.
- Coachmen Pursuit 31TS – another model from Coachmen, a Class A motorhome this time, that offers plenty of space and attractive features.
- Keystone Montana High Country 295R – this fifth wheel is ideal for a washer-dryer combo and even has enough space for a two piece washer-dryer.
- Highland Ridge Light LT275RL – this small travel trailer comes prepared for a washer-dryer and has plenty of space for other appliances as well.
- SportTrek Touring Edition STT293VRK – another 33-foot travel trailer that gives you plenty of space for all the appliances you may need on your trip.
How does an RV washer-dryer work?
In general, the operation of an RV washer-dryer does not appear so different from that of a classic household appliance. It is powered by electricity and has a drain hose. The instrument is equipped with an internal motor, which can be calibrated according to your specific power requirements.
The items to be washed are placed in a special basket. Several models also have the drying function like a real washing machine, through an internal or external compartment.
How to choose an RV washer-dryer? Fundamental features
What are the elements to consider when choosing to buy an RV washer-dryer? Here are the factors that can make a difference in this context:
- first of all, you must pay attention to the maximum capacity: the average capacity is around 3-4 kilograms, but the situation must be evaluated based on the type of model and your needs;
- very important is the power of the motor, which must be powerful enough to wash a fair amount of clothes;
- The type of use is another aspect to consider, in particular with regard to the frequency of use and the number of items to be washed. For example, if you need to wash about 3 kilograms of clothing, a wash cycle can take up to 6-8 minutes to be completed successfully. If your clothes are dirty enough, you can set the timer for a longer duration.
If, on the other hand, the spin function is activated, 5 minutes may be more than enough to have dry and clean clothes available.
- detergents to use: generally any type of product can be used, although especially when camping or during holidays in nature, ecological detergents are preferred in order to generate minimal impact on the surrounding environment.
- The presence or absence of the spin function can be determined, because it allows easier and more satisfactory drying: Most of these devices allow you to wash and spin garments and fabrics, although operations of this type should be completed by hand.
- Finally, we cannot forget the price, combined with limited consumption for a practical appliance also from this point of view.
What are the best RV washer-dryer models?
When you leave on a motorhome trip, you shouldn’t think that all the comforts and functionality you have within a home environment will be missing.
The washing machine, for example, does not exist only for the home, in fact, there are various products on the market that allow you to do laundry even in external and temporary situations, such as those of camping life.
Below are the 5 best camping washing machines:
- Concept Eco Wash-Pico Mini Washing Machine With Centrifuge (35 x 44 cm, Load 3.5 kg, 380 Watt, Wash and Spin Timer, Silent).
This is a very compact washing machine, its dimensions are 35 x 44, the weight is about 5 kilos, the washing machine is loaded from above and can include, for example, a double sheet with the addition of a towel, the washing timer can be adjusted from 0 to 10 minutes while the of the spin cycle goes from 0 to 3 minutes, these speeds allow the washing machine to be reloaded immediately for a possible second cycle.
- Concept Eco Wash XL Camping washing machine (4.2 kg capacity, 2 programs, 300 Watt washing power and 110 Watt spinning power).
It is a washing machine that has two distinct chambers, one for washing and one for the spin cycle, the washing power is 300 W while that of the spin cycle is 110 W, the load capacity guarantees the cleaning of the heads of a family on a camping holiday, has two programs, one for normal fabrics and another for the delicate ones, the cover is transparent, it has anti-overflow protection.
- Syntrox Germany A + (3,8 Kg washing machine with spin).
This is a mini washing machine with a power of 200 W, it has a side handle for easy transport, any 240 V socket is needed to make it work, the body of the washing machine is semi-transparent, the timer can be set from 0 to 15 minutes, any residue can be removed with a damp cloth or with a cycle without clothes. The dimensions are 36 x 56 x 37.
- Concept SD002 mini washing machine (250W power, 2.8kg capacity, energy-saving, timer).
This is a compact washing machine ideal for solutions where space is small or the product needs to be moved, the weight is limited to 7, 4 kilos and has two side handles to facilitate movement, the washing machine has a timer that allows you to adjust the washing from 0 to 15 minutes, the structure is made of resistant plastic, you can wash with it, for example, beach towels and bedsheets.
- Concept DB004 mini portable washing machine (380 Watt wash, 4.8 kg capacity, 160 Watt spin, 2 programs).
It is a mini washing machine that has two chambers, one for washing and one for spinning, has a transparent cover but it is made of resistant plastic which also gives it greater stability and durability, you can adjust the timer for washing from 0 to 15 minutes as well as the one for the spin cycle from 0 to 15 minutes, the dimensions are 67.5 x 74 x 38 and the total weight is 16.5 kilos.
FAQ on What is the smallest RV with a washer-dryer?
Can you get a washer dryer in an RV?
Yes, you can get a washer-dryer in an RV. As long as there is space for it and you can connect it to a hose, many RVs allow it. You must be careful about sewage, however, as you cannot dump your black water tank just anywhere!
Is a washer dryer combo worth it?
A washer-dryer combo may be worth it in an RV as it will take less space. Still, many campers are unhappy because of the time that it takes to dry their clothes!
What is the smallest travel trailer with a washer and dryer?
The smallest travel trailer with a washer and dryer is the Keystone Montana High Country 295RL. This model allows the instalment of a washer-dryer combo and has enough space for even two separate machines.
- 8 Small RVs With a Washer and Dryer | Camper washer and dryer …
- All About RV Washer Options | Fulltime Families
- 32 RV Tips for Doing Laundry & Keeping Clean On the Road …