In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What is the smallest Escape trailer?” We will discuss the specifications of the Escape 17A trailer along with its base features. We will also talk about the benefits of having an escape trailer. In addition, we will touch upon a few tips to maintain a fiberglass trailer.
What is the smallest Escape trailer?
The Escape 17A is the smallest Escape trailer. Escape trailers are known for their various sizes and distinctive features. Escape trailers are known for their ultra-lightweight trailers that are built for easy towing. These trailers are comfortable, compact, and yet luxurious at the same time. They also arrive with some incredible features and specifications.
Escape 17A Specifications
The Escape 17 A is the smallest of all the Escape trailers. This particular model is perfect for small families and weekend getaways. Due to the ultra-lightweight, these trailers are easy to tow and travel even on short notice. The price range of the Escape 17A is pretty reasonable at $30,395. This trailer is loaded with several base features.
Here are some of the specifications of the Escape 17A trailer
- Exterior length – 17’ 8”
- Max exterior height – 8′ 8″ (Top of AC)
- Exterior width – 6′ 8″
- Interior height – 6′ 2″
- Interior length – 13′ 8″
- Fresh water capacity – 20 Gallons
- Grey water capacity- 26 Gallons
- Liquid propane gas capacity 2 x 20 lbs
- Hitch weight – 256 lbs
- Axle weight – 2034 lbs
- Total dry weight – 2290 lbs
- GVWR – 4000 lbs
- Ball height – 18″ when loaded.
If you have a mid-sized or small family, the Escape 17A trailer can top all the other trailers with ease. This trailer has enough space and luxury to keep you comfortable altogether. The biggest advantage is that you tow this trailer with any normal car that has a towing capacity of close to 3,000 pounds.
Escape 17A base features
The Escape 17A arrives with some of the top base features and there is no need to do much after your purchase. Since the base features are loaded with all the basic amenities, camping with this trailer is a pleasurable experience. This trailer is built on a 3,500-pound Torsion Rubber Ride Suspension and it comes with electric brakes, and front, and rear stabilizer jacks.
- The exterior features are also incredible to enhance your camping experience. Some of the best exterior features include the 10-inch carefree fiesta manual awning.
- It also has thermal double-glazed framed windows with screens. These screens provide enough privacy, especially if you are camping on a beach.
- Some of the other features on the exterior are the propane quick connect, sewer hose and storage compartment, exterior bubble levels, mud flaps, 2-inch bike rack receiver, single entry steps, and more.
- Surprisingly, the Escape 17A trailer has some great interior features. It has a 12,000 BTU furnace with two roof vents and a 12V demand water system.
- There is also a 2-burner flush mount stainless steel cooktop with a stainless steel sink for the kitchen. The tabletops are great with a custom wood interior.
- There is enough storage that comes with this trailer. Another added advantage is the 8-inch plush mattress and water holding tank level indicator.
The Escape 17A is also equipped with all the required safety features while camping. Some of the safety features include a fire extinguisher, propane detector, carbon monoxide/smoke detector, and a large oversized emergency exit window.
The Escape 17A trailer is packed with the best features and amenities. Despite the small size, these trailers can also be perfect for off-road camping. The Escape 17A trailer has enough features for a comfortable camping experience. When compared to all the other trailers, this is one of the best options for efficient camping.
Benefits of having an Escape trailer
Every trailer has its advantages and disadvantages. The Escape trailer has more advantages than disadvantages and they are known for their simplicity and unique capabilities. These trailers are made for easy camping. At the same time, they are versatile and unique. Here are some of the benefits of having an Escape trailer.
- Unlike other aluminum trailers, all Escape trailers are made up of fiberglass. Escape trailers are not just lightweight, they are ultra-lightweight which makes them easy to tow and maneuver. It is easy to control these trailers due to their make and small size.
- Most of the Escape trailers can be towed with a mid-sized truck. This includes shot beds and vehicles that have V6 engines. It is also easy to navigate these trailers on narrow roads.
- All Escape trailers have an aerodynamic design and they are perfect to balance. There is more road stability as these have a low center of gravity.
- The aerodynamic design is also great to decrease wind resistance. There is not much vibration with these trailers due to their independent suspension.
Durability and strength
- Another key feature of the Escape travel trailers is that they have durability. These trailers are strong and are built to withstand harsh climatic conditions.
- They are built for extreme winter and hot summers and there is no need to worry about any protection. The body of these trailers acts as one since they are molded with 100 percent fiberglass.
Easy to maintain
- Maintaining a trailer is not an easy task and several changes need to be made often. The Escape trailer is not so hard to maintain. All you need to do is clean and wax your trailer once in a while and keep moving.
- Fiberglass will help keep the trailer clean and protected at all times. Even after years together, these trailers still look new.
Escape trailers have been noted for their appearance, style, and overall design. These trailers are also compact and luxurious at the same time. You also get a few add-on packages if required. Overall, these trailers have high customer satisfaction and they are continuing to build on their quality and craftsmanship.
Tips to maintain a fiberglass trailer
Although fiberglass tends to be easy to maintain, there are a few steps that need to be taken to ensure that your trailer is protected at all times. Here are a few tips to maintain a fiberglass trailer.
Clean your trailer regularly
- It is essential to clean your trailer regularly. Make sure to wash your trailer once a month to avoid any buildup due to dust or debris. You can use a fiberglass cleaner that has a wax additive to give you a bright and clean finish.
Apply wax regularly
- It is also important that you apply wax regularly to your fiberglass trailer. Wax treatment helps to protect your trailer from UV rays and other damage. Appling wax will also give you a rich and glossy look.
Use fiberglass oxidation remover
- If you find any stains on the fiberglass trailer, be sure to use a fiberglass oxidation remover. Using oxidation on fiberglass is not a costly affair as you can get these products at a cheap rate.
Apply special fiberglass coating
- Apart from waxing and cleaning your trailer, you should apply a special fiberglass coating to give you the ultimate protection that is needed. This will also extend the life of your fiberglass and give you a neat appearance.
Those were some of the tips to help you maintain your fiberglass trailer. Despite the brand and make of the trailer, all fiberglass trailers required maintenance. This will help your trailer to last long and also keep you safe from rains. The most important thing is to clean your trailer often. You can also invest in a fiberglass cover if necessary.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What is the smallest Escape trailer?” We have discussed the specifications of the Escape 17A trailer along with its base features. We have also talked about the benefits of having an escape trailer. In addition, we have touched upon a few tips to maintain a fiberglass trailer.