In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What is a Flip Pac camper?” We will talk about the specifications and features of the Flip Pac camper. We will also discuss the disadvantages of a Flip Pac camper. At the end of this post, you will get to know all about a Flip Pac camper and its uses.
What is a Flip Pac camper?
A Flip Pac camper is a pop-up camper that has a flip-open design. Flip Pac campers provide more space with its unique flip-open design. The Flip Pac camper is used for more living space and it is usually compatible with most trucks. They are also more compact than the usual pop-up camper when stowed away.
One of the major benefits of a Flip Pac camper is the potential to set it up easily. It hardly takes a few minutes to assemble a Flip Pac camper. Another huge benefit is the headroom that these beautiful campers have. A Flip Pac camper provides enough headroom to stay upright in the bed of your truck.
Flip Pac camper specs and features
The Flip Pac camper has been around for a long time since the early 90s and it has developed over the years. This camper has impressive specs and features. The Flip Pac is sure to be a turning point when it comes to simple camping. Here are some of the key specs and features of the Flip Pac camper described below.
- Spacious interiors are one of the major perks and features of the Flip Pac camper. Unlike pop-up campers, these Flip Pac campers offer more space and headroom. There is enough space to move around and it is good enough to fit two people comfortably.
- You can use the truck bed as the living area and the biggest advantage is that the sleeping area extends over the truck’s hood. With enough space on the inside, you can easily fit a small workspace, sink, and a single or double-burner stove.
- On the other side, you can easily create a sit-out or a sofa to relax. The Flip Pac camper is no doubt a huge benefit in terms of space.
- These campers are also great since they can be modified. Flip Packs are color-matched and some of them have interior lighting. You can also add exterior storage options if necessary. However, you will be required to pay a little extra.
Easy to install and pack up
- While pop-up campers can take a while to install and pack up, Flip Pac campers are just the opposite. This feature makes the Flip Pac camper ideal for camping on short notice. There is no hassle in setting up and there is no need to worry about the hard installation process.
- These campers take just a few minutes to install and it is equally fast to pack up. It has an incredible folding pattern that makes it look compact like a small canopy.
- The distinct clamps and the seams are also not that visible at the bed lid. This is completely easy to install and there is no hassle involved. It can also be done by a single person alone.
Suitable for most trucks
- Since the Flip Pac camper is versatile it is can be used on most trucks. Flip Pac campers are constructed for various truck models and they cover all truck bed sizes.
- Flip Pac campers are compatible with eight-inch and 6.5-inch beds. They are also perfect for mid-size truck beds with six to 5.5 inches. There are multiple options available when it comes to purchasing a Flip Pac camper.
- You can also opt for a customizable Flip Pac camper if necessary. However, most of the Flip Pac campers are designed to fit the basic truck bed sizes.
- Another benefit is that these campers arrive within a reasonable price range. There are Flip Pac campers available from $3000 to $4000. These are the high-quality Flip Pac camper sizes that are available.
- They are also not too heavy as the weight of a Flip Pac camper is around 290 pounds. Given the price range, the Flip Pac camper provides enough space for two or more people. There are plenty of Flip Pac campers that are found on Craiglist and other related sites.
- Another benefit is that Flip Pac campers can be modified. You can choose to have pockets on the inside or also choose a stronger material.
- Some people prefer to have more nets on their Flip Pac camper for good ventilation and view. Overall, these campers can be customized on your own with ease based on the type of truck and preference. However, you will be required to do the modification yourself.
- Flip Pac campers are made of fiberglass components that make them last longer than ever. Fiberglass is also lightweight and it does not affect the mileage of the vehicle.
- Fiberglass is also easy to maintain and there is no need to worry about rust or corrosion. However, they might not be as strong as the other metal frame pop-up campers.
The major advantage of a Flip Pac camper is that you get to camp anywhere. You can find a spot and then install the Flip Cap camper when required. They are not required to be carried around like pop-up campers. They are way better than tents and you can don’t have to worry about space or having a meal while it’s raining outside.
Disadvantages of a Flip Pac camper
While there are more pros than cons, it is also important to know that Flip Pac campers are not easy to find. While this might be the only disadvantage, it is still the biggest one.
- Finding a Flip Pac camper is pretty rare and you need to be lucky to get your hands on one. Since these campers turned out to be a huge success and the manufacturing has stopped, people are not ready to give up their Flip Pac camper.
- There might be thousands of Flip Pac campers available in the market, but the moment one is listed for sale, it is pretty hard to get your hands on them. Due to the demand, these campers sell out fast and that has been another major disadvantage.
- In some situations, people try to sell them for a higher price. This can also be a flipside and it can be hard to bargain since there is someone ready to purchase a Flip Pac camper the moment it is listed for sale.
- You will need to check on Craigslist and other forums where you can find these. There are also Facebook groups that list a couple for sale from time to time. Hence, it is important to be quick with your offer.
- While not only does finding these campers seem hard, it is not easy to find one in mint condition. Some people sell their Flip Pac campers for a decent price range but they arrive with a couple of damages.
- It is also advised to check for the seal of the Flip Pac camper on top. This can be a slight issue as they might be loose after years of constant usage. This can also cause water to seep in while raining. Hence, you are recommended to rework a Flip Pac camper if necessary.
Most of the Flip Pac campers that are found have a few issues like mild cracking and scratching on the outside. While these are just small issues, they can still affect you in the long run. Some of these can have vibrations as well. The good news is that you can easily try and fix the Flip Pac campers by getting rid of all the damage.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What is a Flip Pac camper?” We will talk about the specifications and features of the Flip Pac camper. We have also discussed the disadvantages of a Flip Pac camper. Would you like to own a Flip Pac camper in the future? Leave us a comment below and let us know.