What are the ugliest trucks out there?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the ugliest trucks out there?” We will describe the ugliest trucks based on their appearance and also talk about a few of their features. We will also mention some of the concept trucks on this list. At the end of this post, you will get to know about 10 of the ugliest trucks.
What are the ugliest trucks out there?
Some of the ugliest trucks out there are
- 2000 Rinspeed Tatooo
- 1995 Nissan XIX Concept
- GMC pickup
- Subaru Brat
- Chevrolet SSR
- Subaru Baja (2002-2006)
- GMC Topkick (1980-2009)
- Honda Ridgeline
- Ford Explorer SUV Concept
- Dodge Maxx cab
2000 Rinspeed Tatooo
- Not all trucks are appealing to the eye and some trucks turned out to be a disaster in terms of design aesthetics. These trucks are some of the ugliest trucks out there and the first on the list is the 2000 Rinspeed Tatooo.
- The model was a concept truck that was based on American trucks back in the 50s. The design and shape were a huge flop despite some of the features. This vehicle has a pneumatic suspension to help keep it level regardless of the terrain.
- It has an X-tra-lift that eases the lifting and lowering of loads and there is also a diving apparatus connected to the 2000 Rinspeed Tatooo.
- This car was compared to a metallic fish due to its appearance. Most drivers were not pleased with the image that it delivered.
1995 Nissan XIX Concept
- The Nissan XIX Concept was introduced back in 1995 and it soon became a flop. It is hard to find any of these models at present but they are easily recognized for their ridiculous appearance.
- This vehicle is a mix of a pickup truck and a jeep and the outcome was nothing but terrible. The underbody of this vehicle is based on the Nissan Sentra. The Sentra was a compact segment but the Nissan XIX Concept was a failure of combinations.
- The XIX Concept was considered a utility car and it had a spacious truck. This vehicle was good for storage with enough space and it was good for travel and camping.
- Despite all the attempts to make this vehicle a utility car/truck, the design and the appeal did not go well. Hence, it was one of the ugliest trucks out there.
GMC pickup (1961-1966)
- The GMC pickup is still recognized for its shape and box-type structure. This truck was introduced back in 1961 and production was stopped in the next five years.
- The GMC pickup truck is still one of the ugliest trucks out there and it is considered one of those vintage models. The GMC pickup has a broad-flat roof and low-riding body. The overall appearance of this truck was disproportionate and it had smaller wheels that made it look worse.
- The GMC pickup 1961-1966 is still considered a classic vehicle but it was not too great in terms of looks and it soon became one of the ugliest trucks out there.
- The Subaru Brat is one of those unforgettable models due to its appearance. This is no doubt one of the ugliest trucks out there even though it had some good features.
- The Subaru Brat was manufactured back in 2003 and it had a 3.5-foot bed. This truck was tiny and ugly at the same time.
- One of the advantages of the Subaru Brat was the 26 miles per gallon on the highway. However, people preferred the design more than the appearance.
- Another strange and ugly factor was the runner lights on top. These lights only blink when the emergency brake is pulled. It made no sense at all and it added to the ugliness of the truck.
- The Chevrolet SSR was manufactured in 2004 and it turned out to be one of the ugliest trucks of the decade. This truck is still found on the road and it is sure to call for a laugh.
- The atrocious body and style was makes it one of the worst on the list. The Chevrolet SSR has a weird blown-up proportion around the front and rear wheels that makes it look ridiculous.
- The Chevrolet SSR had some good features like the 5.3-liter V8 engine. It has a horsepower of 300 and a torque of 335 lb-ft. The Chevrolet SSR could barely tow up to 2,500 pounds which were comparatively less for the specs.
Subaru Baja (2002-2006)
- Once again Subaru has hit the list of the ugliest trucks. The Subaru Baja arrives with a small 3.5-foot bed that makes it look terrible. The shallow space and length made it hard for people to store anything huge.
- This truck soon became meaningless and Subaru stopped production in only four years. Yet, there are a few of these ugly trucks still out there.
- The Baja had a smooth drive and it also had the capacity of delivering 26 miles per gallon on the highway. The manufacturer tried something new with the look of this vehicle but it was one of those ugly-looking trucks.
GMC Topkick (1980-2009)
- If there is one ugly truck that was manufactured by GMC, it has to be the Topkick. The GMC Topkick was known as one of those monster trucks but the overall appearance was bad.
- The GMC Topkick looked more like a small version of a huge truck, which turned out to be a flop. However, this ugly-looking truck was around from 1980 to 2009.
- The Topkick had a ridiculous high cabin and it was hard to climb in. It was also hard to see anything around the truck without any cameras. This was all because of the ugly design.
- It also did not have proper aerodynamics and the truck was known to shake opponents when unloaded. The Topkick was not exactly a failure but it was indeed an ugly truck.
- This ugly truck was designed on a unibody chassis. The same chassis was used for the production of the ridgeline and sedan models. The Honda Ridgeline surprisingly had a good towing capacity of 5,000 pounds. However, nobody would want to have a funny-look truck towing anything behind.
- The Honda Ridgeline was designed to carry heavy loads and maintain good aerodynamics. Yet, it was unable to keep up with the expectations. Moreover, it was an ugly pickup truck from Honda.
Ford Explorer SUV Concept
- Ever heard of the Ford Explorer SUV Concept? This is go down as one of the ugliest trucks that were ever manufactured by Ford. The concept was a failure and it was produced back in 1973. Surprisingly, this truck is now a vintage model and it remained as a concept only.
- The appearance of the Ford Explorer was such a disaster that it looked like a submarine and a pickup truck combined.
- The sunshade feature that came with this truck added to the miserable look. This was also noted as one of the most disastrous models from Ford.
Dodge Maxx cab
- The Dodge Maxx cab is certainly much better than all the above-mentioned models, but it still has an ugly look. This was one of the first passenger-priority trucks and the combination did not work at all.
- The Dodge Maxx cab was more of a confusing mix-up and it had a weird egg shape feel from the front. This is a four-door utility truck and it is based on a modified Dodge Dakota chassis.
- The issue with the Dodge Maxx cab was the design at the front and it just looked like a car that has been sloped from the top to the bottom. On the other hand, this truck looks like a van from the front with a truck bed at the rear.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the ugliest trucks out there?” We have described the ugliest trucks based on their appearance and also talked about a few of their features. We have also mentioned some of the concept trucks on this list. Leave us a comment below and let us know if there are other ugly trucks out there.