What are the disadvantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the disadvantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper?” We will also discuss the advantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper. We will touch upon this vehicle’s fuel efficiency, safety systems and entertainment system.
What are the disadvantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper?
The disadvantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper are.
- Limited interior space
- Alterations for sleeping
- Lack of kitchen facilities
- Lack of bathroom facilities
- Storage limitations
Limited interior space
- The 2019 RAV4 by Toyota is an excellent compact SUV with great features and specifications. However, it also has several disadvantages when it comes to camper conversion.
- One of the significant disadvantages is the limited interior space. The 2019 RAV4 has decent cargo space, but converting it into a full-fledged camper has its limitations.
- The Toyota 2019 RAV4 is not a campervan, but successful conversion projects have occurred. With the limited interior space, the options for extra amenities are also limited. Hence, it is required to plan the conversion process based on the layout. The 2019 RAV4 is a good fit for minimalistic camping purposes.
Alterations for sleeping
- Although sleeping arrangements are possible, it is still one of the disadvantages since a couple of alterations need to be made. Sleeping space is the most basic requirement for a camper. The 2019 RAV4 can accommodate a maximum of two people, but several alterations must be made.
- The rear seats need to be removed to build a base for sleeping. Several accessories are required for this purpose. Most people construct a wooden sleeping frame with plywood. Due to the alterations, this has been a slight disadvantage.
- Some of the other options are a rooftop tent or an extendable tent. For a rooftop tent, the Toyota RAV4 needs to have roof rails.
Lack of kitchen facilities
- One major block or drawback is the need for a kitchen. The space is limited, and cooking inside the 2019 RAV4 is impossible for various reasons. Cooking inside this SUV is unsafe due to the compact space.
- The option of having a kitchen inside has to be eliminated. The only option is to consider having an outdoor kitchen. A portable kitchen with a camping stove and utensils is one of the only options to consider.
- Water storage is also going to be a tough challenge. With the limited space, it is only possible to accommodate a 50-litre water can. A portable sink will be required, along with a portable table to be used as an outdoor kitchen table. The need for kitchen facilities is undoubtedly a disadvantage to the 2019 RAV4.
Lack of bathroom facilities
- This SUV cannot have a fully-functional bathroom like a good camper. There needs to be more space, and there is no chance of even thinking about plumbing or any other bathroom facility.
- Some of the alternative solutions are to consider using a portable cassette toilet. Most people depend on campground amenities, and they make use of their toilets. A portable cassette toilet is the only option. For showering, it is once again a huge challenge. An external shower is the only alternative solution or relying on campground amenities.
- Storage limitations are a huge disadvantage for this camper since space is always a concern. Building a bed at the rear will occupy a significant space. The good news is that you can use the space under the bed platform well.
- Portable storage shelves will be a great option to organise and store all the camping gear and other necessities. A rooftop tent might help, but removing the rear seats of the 2019 RAV4 is still required. You will require enough space to store the foldable table, camping chairs, a portable cassette toilet, a freshwater can, a sink, etc.
- Keep it as minimal as possible and try to save on space. It is not possible to store bulky items in this SUV. The compact nature of the 2019 RAV4 SUV has several disadvantages when it comes to using it as a camper. However, it is not impossible, as many camper enthusiasts who love minimalistic camping have made the best use of this 2019 RAV4.
Advantages of using a 2019 RAV4 as a camper
While we have looked at all the disadvantages, it is crucial to consider the advantages of this vehicle. Not all factors contribute to a disadvantage. Some camper looks at the advantages and makes the best out of it. Here are some advantages of the 2019 RAV4 as a camper described below.
It is versatile
- This SUV is known to be versatile since it has an outstanding balance and can be used for both driving and camping. The 2019 RAV4 is perfect for a mid-sized family as it arrives with excellent features and specifications. This vehicle has the potential for both urban and outdoor adventures.
- The compact nature of this vehicle makes it easy to maneuver and park, and it is one of the best options for off-grid camping. It is also easy to access and perfectly fits small campsites.
- The all-wheel drive option is a significant advantage for the 2019 RAV4 SUV. This comes in handy, especially while driving off-road. The system provides better stability and traction and is an excellent fit for all types of terrain. The all-wheel drive is also a huge plus when it comes to driving in harsh climatic conditions.
Decent fuel efficiency
- The Toyota 2019 RAV4 is known for its fuel efficiency, with a 30 miles per gallon mileage capacity. This SUV stands out from the other models. Some owners have claimed to have received 35 miles per gallon on highways. However, after converting the 2019 RAV4 into a camper, the mileage will likely reduce due to the weight.
- The 2019 RAV4 will help reduce fuel costs, especially on long-distance camping trips. The fuel efficiency of this vehicle turned out to be a huge advantage.
Excellent infotainment system
- The 2019 RAV4 is sure to keep you entertained when it comes to camping. The unique infotainment system makes things easy with just a button push. It has a great sound system and is easy to connect to Apple Car Play. The Wi-Fi connection makes it completely hands-free. The 8-inch touchscreen is one of the additional options.
Extensive safety features
- When it comes to safety features, Toyota has not compromised with the 2019 RAV4. One of the most attractive characteristics of this vehicle is its safety features. It is equipped with the Toyota safety sense package with all necessities.
- The intuitive lane departure warning, steering assistant, and road-sign assist are some of the critical features of this vehicle. The safety package notifies drivers to stop and look for warnings and other signs.
Those were some advantages of using a 2019 RAV4 as a camper. This SUV is equipped with the latest features and specifications. When it comes to camper conversion, there are limitations, but they can be achieved. The 2019 RAV4 camper is an ideal fit for the minimalist camper.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the disadvantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper?” We have also talked about the advantages of using the 2019 RAV4 as a camper. We have touched upon this vehicle’s fuel efficiency, safety systems, and entertainment system.