In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the best rooftop tents for dogs?” We will describe some of the best rooftop tents for dogs along with their features and specifications. We will also describe a few tips that will help you to get your dog into the rooftop tent.
What are the best rooftop tents for dogs?
The best rooftop tents for dogs are listed described below.
- Roofnest pup-up tent
- Skycamp 2.0 – iKamper
- Thule x Tepui Explorer Autana 4
- Roofnest Condor XL rooftop tent
- Guana equipment Wanaka
Roofnest pup-up tent
Roofnest rooftop tents have a reputable name and they have been in the market for a long time. They have incredible spacious tents but they also have an amazing pup-up tent that is designed solely for your dog. The pup-up rooftop tent is still pretty new to many and it is a simplified model of Roofnest’s sparrow rooftop tent. Here are some of the features of this tent.
- Sleeping capacity for two adults and two children
- 16 square foot interior
- Dog mattress
- Food bowl
- Chew toy
- Window awning
- Assembly kit
- Storage for dog equipment
This tent has enough space for a large family and the best part is that you get to take your beautiful pet along with you. The pup-up tent seems worth the price for the space and the extra amenities. While it still might cost close to $4,000, it is going to be comfortable for you and your pet. Installation is easy and there is no other hassle.
Skycamp 2.0 – iKamper
Skycamp manufacturers some of the best tents in the market and they have had incredible brand value over the past years. The Skycamp 2.0 iKamper is pretty large and there is enough space to accommodate up to four people. This tent is perfect for a large family and the extra space is just right to bring your dog along.
- 1.8-inch thick mattress
- Stainless steel shell locks
- Breathable poly-cotton canvas
- Waterproof polyester
- Fiberglass reinforced panels
- Hard top tent
- Easy setup in under one minute
- Aerodynamic roof box
- Customizable options
The Skycamper 2.0 iKamper is more spacious than its previous model and it also has one-inch thick insulation to keep your family and your pet warm. The mattress is comfortable and the material that is used for the tent is built to last long. Another advantage is that people have not found it too hard to help their dog get into the tent.
Thule x Tepui Explorer Autana 4
The Thule x Tepui Explorer Autana 4 arrives with an added annex room. This tent has enough space for a family and a dog. If you are a family of three, you can take two doggies. The tent is not too pricy either and it is sure to be a great investment given the space and the overall design. Here are some of the key features of this incredible tent.
- Sturdy construction
- Plenty of storage options
- Spacious interiors
- Aluminum poles with mesh panel ventilation
- Ladder to enter the tent
- Tent mat to prevent cold from entering
This tent is one of the best because there is no need to purchase an annex separately. The tent arrives with an annex that can be attached to your vehicle with ease. However, note that there is no flooring within the annex room. You also get a small space to change your clothes and you can also make use of the annex room to store a few things if required.
Roofnest Condor XL rooftop tent
Roofnest has continued to impress everyone with its best rooftop tents. The brand is also known for the Condor XL rooftop tent. This tent can accommodate up to four people comfortably along with a pet with ease. There is enough room for parents, children, and your dog. The interior space is large and this is an XL tent with some of the best features.
- Durable waterproof material
- Ladder to climb up
- Removable pockets
- Extra storage space
- Extra windows for ventilation
- 6-cm mattress
The Roofnest condor XL is huge and it has enough features to keep your family comfortable while camping. This tent is durable and it can be one of the best options for removal and off-road camping. You can fit your supplies with ease and also store a couple of extra baggage if necessary. Overall, this is an ideal rooftop tent for a family and a dog.
Guana equipment Wanaka
Guana equipment Wanaka might not be a very popular brand but it comes packed with incredible space. This is a four-person rooftop tent with a built-in annex. Given the size and space, it might be even possible to accommodate five people. As for your dog, there is plenty of space in the annex to keep your pet comfortable. You can also take your pet on top of the tent if required.
- Three-inch foam mattress
- LED light strip
- Optional accessories
- Extra-large vestibule
- Removable floors
- Spacious storing options
Those rooftop tents are not only spacious for a family, but they are also spacious for dogs. You can take your pets along with ease and there is no need to worry about leaving them behind. With spacious interiors, your dog can also be comfortable with you and happy simultaneously. If you are a solo camper or a couple, you can easily take more than one dog with these tents.
Tips to get your dog into the rooftop tent
Now that you have an idea about the best rooftop tents for your dog, it is important to know how to get them aboard. Most people love to take their dogs along with them while camping and that is one of the best things to do. Yet, some of them find it a challenge to get their doggies on top. Here are a few tips that will help you get past this hassle.
Carrying your dog
- The most basic and the first thing that would come to mind is to carry your dog. It is pretty common to think this way and there is nothing wrong with carrying your dog. However, for those who have a big or heavy dog, this might not be a good option.
Get help for your camping partner
- This is not going to help solo travelers but it will come in handy when you are camping as a couple or with friends. Two people are better than one and you might be able to carry your dog even if they are heavy.
Purchase or built a ramp
- One of the best options is to purchase a ramp for your dog to get on top. Building a ramp might be another hassle and the only option is to convert the ladder into a ramp. Hence, it is better to purchase a ramp. There are several options available in the market and you can easily get one to match your rooftop tent.
Get foldable stairs
- Another option is to get foldable stairs. There are various options for foldable stairs and ramps online. Just be sure to get a foldable chair that is tall enough to reach the top. You can also get customized foldable stairs and a ramp to match your rooftop tent.
The most important part is to get a spacious rooftop camper. The more space, the easier to take your dog along. Apart from the space, you must consider how you plan on getting your dog into the tent. Camping with your dog is sure to be an incredible experience and the above-mentioned rooftop tents are some of the best ones to do so.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the best rooftop tents for dogs?” We have described some of the best rooftop tents for dogs along with their features and specifications. We have also described a few tips that will help you to get your dog into the rooftop tent. Leave us a comment below and let us know how you get your dog into a rooftop tent.