What are the best fish house/camper combos?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the best fish house/camper combos?” We will discuss the best fish house/camper combo models along with their unique features and specifications. We will talk about the vehicle’s dry weight, floorplans, and GVWR. Additionally, we will touch upon the types of insulation and other specs.
What are the best fish house/camper combos?
The best fish house/camper combos are.
- Ice Castle Fish House Little Jigger
- Ice Forts Black Hole Ice Shack
- Forest River Grey Wolf Fish House
- Yetti Outdoors Traxx Edition
- Ridgeline Skid Houses
- Glacier Ice House Camper
- Core Ice 8026 ATX Camper
- Alumaice Tandem Axle 824 TAH
Ice Castle Fish House Little Jigger
- When it comes to fish house campers, Ice Castle is one of the top preferences. Ice Castle specializes in fish house/ camper combos, and they provide top-quality campers. The Ice Castle Fish House Little Jigger was a huge success compared to the competition within a similar price range.
- This standard fish house/camper combo arrives with four fishing holes. It has a sleeping capacity of up to two people, and the fiberglass batt insulation makes it perfect for extremely cold temperatures. The length of this camper is 12 feet, and the GVWR is only 4,000 pounds. The dry weight of this camper is just 1,920 pounds.
- This particular model is the top-selling standard-size fish house from Ice Castle. It has twin propane tanks with a hard shell over on the drivers-side. The entry door is conveniently located on the passenger’s side, making it easy to crank up the axles manually. The Little Jigger also arrives with some comfortable features.
- There is an LED TV for entertainment and a convertible sofa. The 20,000 BTU furnace is perfect for keeping you warm. Some of the additional features include the two-burner stove and carpeted area.
Ice Forts Black Hole Ice Shack
- The Ice Fort Black Hole Ice Shack is the perfect option for those who want something small and comfortable. This is a soft-shell fish house/camper combo that is lightweight.
- The length of this camper is 10 to 14 feet, and it weighs only 900 pounds. The canvas insulation makes it simple but is not recommended for extreme climatic conditions.
- This fish house camper/combo can sleep up to two people and has five fishing holes. There is a rock guard to protect the camper from oversized cargo. The axle rating of this camper is 3,500 pounds which makes it easy to maneuver. This fish house/camper combo is ideal for two people and those comfortable with something compact.
- The drop axle frame is perfect for setting up the tent structure. The flooring of this camper has an intelli-core material with six ice-hole ports and boot covers.
Forest River Grey Wolf Fish House
- The Grey Wolf fish house/camper combo by Forest River is well-known for its unique features and specifications. With a solid sleeping capacity of up to four people, the Grey Wolf Fish House has eight fishing holes.
- This luxury fish house/camper combo has rigid foam insulation on the sidewalls. The subfloor has bubble wrap insulation to keep you warm.
- The length of this fish house camper is decent, from 25.6 to 32.3 feet. The dry weight is 3,418 to 6,338 pounds. The GVWR is 5,476 to 9,855 pounds. What makes this model unique is that it has six-floor plans to choose from.
- The water closet is one of the key features of every unit. There are three-burner stoves with countertops and a cassette toilet that has a 5-gallon capacity. Some of the other features include a narrow trunk cabinet for extra storage.
- Regarding entertainment, the Grey Wolf has a multimedia system with a television and LED lighting around the fish holes.
Yetti Outdoors Traxx Edition
- As the name suggests, the Yetti Outdoors Traxx Edition is truly built for extreme outdoor conditions. This fish house/camper combo is more of a toy hauler with a length of 12 feet. It has a sleeping capacity of up to three people and five fishing holes. The R-7 rigid foam board arrives with anti-condensation insulation tape for ultimate insulation.
- The dry weight of this camper is just 2,475 pounds, and the GVWR is 4,300 pounds. The fold-up sofa makes this camper more convenient. The interiors are equally amazing with the Yetti Outdoors Traxx Edition. It has wood-paneled interiors with enough living space. It is perfect for ice fish from one of the five-floor ports.
Ridgeline Skid Houses
- Ridgeline is yet another well-known manufacturer of fish house campers. This Skid House model can accommodate up to four people. The thermopane windows make this camper special and one of a kind. It also has custom fishing holes, with an overall length of 10 to 12 feet. Ridgeline Skid Houses are perfect and compact.
- One of the best features of this fish house/camper combo is the solar panels. There are 100 and 200-watt solar panels to keep you up and running without consuming fuel. The high-powered electric drills have specialized auger bits to open the ice holes. Ridgeline also has electric heaters that consume only little energy.
Glacier Ice House Camper
- The Glacier Ice House Camper is a class apart from all the other models as it arrives with six fishing holes and a sleeping capacity of up to five people. The length of this camper is 17 feet, and it has a UVW of 4,790 pounds. The GVWR is 5,500 pounds, and this fish house/camper combo is more like an independent RV.
- The insulation of this camper is just perfect since it has real wood panels. The aesthetic and appearance are equally appealing with the all-wood paneling for the ceiling and walls.
- The Glacier Ice House Camper has dual bottle propane tanks with a 30,000 to 35,000 BTU furnace. This camper is equipped with an RV water heater as an additional advantage.
Core Ice 8026 ATX Camper
- The Core Ice 8026 ATX fish house/camper combo exceeds expectations. This model arrives with ten fishing holes and a sleeping capacity of up to six people. The GVWR of this camper is 7,000 pounds, and the UVW is 4,490 pounds. The length is 26 feet, and it arrives with three floorplans.
- The key features of this fish house/camper combo include top-grade hardware and Bluetooth connectivity for electronic appliances. It also arrives with a furnace and a 10 cu. ft. refrigerator.
- The Core Ice 8026 model is more of an all-season camper due to its various features. There is a separate Truma Hydronic System that consumes less propane.
- Each of the three floorplans has its unique setting and features. There is a 74-inch upgraded sofa with fully-functioning fishing features. The full bathroom model has three tanks.
- The half-bath floorplan does not arrive with a shower but has a 68-inch wall-mounted jackknife sofa. One of the three floorplans includes movable pedestal captain chairs.
Alumaice Tandem Axle 824 TAH
- This particular Tandem Axle model falls under the luxury fish house/camper combos category. With seven fishing holes, the Alumaice Tandem Axle can comfortably sleep up to six people. It has spray foam for insulation and a length of 24 feet. The dry weight of this camper is 7,000 pounds, and GVWR is at 10,000 pounds.
- There is a portable generator that helps campers to get connected to shore power. The dual-pane windows, dual propane bottles, and LED ambient lighting are added features. For entertainment, there is a 32-inch LED TV with a multi-input connection and a complete entertainment center.
Those were some of the best fish house/camper combos that are available in the market today. These fish house campers have excellent features and specifications and are specially constructed to withstand harsh weather. Most campers have the latest features and are well-equipped for sustainable camping.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the best fish house/camper combos?” We have discussed the best fish house/camper combo models along with their unique features and specifications. We have talked about the vehicle’s dry weight, floorplans, and GVWR. Additionally, we have touched upon the types of insulation and other specs.