What are the best bed rails for RV bunks?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the best bed rails for RV bunks?” We will talk about the benefits of installing RV bed rails and touch on the cost and quality. We will also discuss selecting the right bed rails for RV bunks and list the best bed rails that are available. Additionally, we will describe the types of bed rails.
What are the best bed rails for RV bunks?
The best bed rails for RV bunks are listed below:
- Dream on me mesh
- Hiccapop toddler bed rail
- Comfy bump bed rail
- Della Bella bed rail
Dream on me mesh
Dream on me mesh is one of those commonly found bed rails in most RVs. They have a wide variety and a great selection of colors. The design is attractive and well-suited for toddlers and preschoolers. These bunk bed rails arrive in sets of two. You can use them for the bottom and the top bunk and you get to choose from black, white, blue, or pink.
It also has breathable mesh and is more than enough to prevent kids from falling. The dream on me mesh might be more expensive but it is worth the price. You can also choose the right color to match your RV. However, the only drawback is that it is more suitable for thinner mattresses and they don’t work well with thicker ones.
Hiccapop toddler bed rail
The Hiccapop toddler bed rail is affordable and is perfectly designed for toddlers and preschoolers. These bed rails can be installed easily and they can be a part of the mattresses themselves. You can easily install this bed rail by lifting the bottom of the sheet. Its non-skid fabric will keep the bottom intact and it takes lesser than a minute to get this bed rail up.
This material is not heavy and is free of formaldehyde, PBDEs, and other dangerous compounds. The biggest advantage of this bed rail is the lifetime guarantee. It is not too expensive, easy to install, and comes with a comfortable and plush design. However, they seem to be a good fit for the bottom bunk than the upper one.
Comfy bump bed rail
The comfy bump bed rail is perfect for kid-sized twin beds. The good news is that it can also be installed for queen and king-sized beds. This bed rail is designed with great safety features. It has a triple-safety feature that can attach the bed rail to the box spring and base in addition to the wooden slats. Hence, your children will be safe even at the top bunker.
There is also a money-back guarantee with this product and it comes with an excellent design. It can also be folded down when not in use. The flat attachment bars are more comfortable than the other ones and it is certainly one of the best products. Though it can be used for king-sized beds, it seems to be a better fit for the other sizes.
Della Bella bed rails
The Dellabella bed rails are extra-long and they have a perfect design that will fit exactly under the mattress. The extra-long belt that comes along with these products is well-suited for all bed sizes. It is a perfect match for toddlers and it can be installed under the sheets or even above. It is washable and the installation process is easy.
There are several advantages of this bed rail the most important one is that it keeps children from rolling off the bed. It has a washing cover that can be tossed into the machine and it also packs down easily. The only disadvantage is that there are no horizontal straps and it can be a little more expensive than the others.
Benefits of bed rails for RV bunks
Most people who have children ensure that they have bed rails installed for safety purposes. There are several benefits of installing RV bed rails for bunks and there are different types of bed rails that can be installed. The installation process is also easy and it can be done on your own. Here are a few benefits of installing bed rails.
They are cost-efficient
- Bed rails are not too expensive as they are cost-efficient.
- Most RV bunk bed rails come at an affordable price and they could be bought at a dealer or purchased online.
- When it comes to the cost, the price range varies according to the quality and the type of bed rails.
- On average bed rails for RV bunks can cost you anywhere from $20 to $70.
They are safe
- Safety is the biggest benefit of having bed rails.
- You need not worry about your children falling while sleeping.
- You can enjoy camping outside while your children can sleep peacefully with the safety of bed rails.
- On the other hand, you can also keep some of your baggage on the bed while traveling and not worry if it will fall.
Bed rails are built to protect you while sleeping. Bed rails are a must-have, especially if you have children traveling along. Although you cannot sleep in an RV while traveling, a bed rail is essential since it will prevent you from falling. Most adults find no need for bed rails, but there is nothing wrong with having extra safety.
Selecting the right bed rails for RV bunks
This is pretty easy since most bed rails are designed to fit your bunk beds perfectly. Once you have the right measurements of the bunks, you will be able to get the perfect bed rail to match your beds. When choosing a bed rail, be sure to get the type that will suit your needs and match your bunks. Here are two important factors to consider while selecting a bed rail.
Look for quality
- Be sure not to compromise on the quality since it is important to have a bed rail of good quality.
- A flimsy bed rail will not do you any good and it can also be dangerous.
- Since bed rails are cheap, there are several models available in the market which might not have proper quality.
- Paying a few extra bucks is going to benefit you in the long run.
Consider the type of bed rail
- There are different types of bed rails and choosing the right one depends on your choice.
- Make sure to get one that has proper padding for safety.
- Foam bed rails are a great choice since they can be fixed just under the bedsheets.
- These bed rails also have removable covers and are easy to install.
- Foam bed rails do not take up too much space.
- Fixing steel bed rails are not recommended as they are not a great option and the overall appearance spoils the interior look of the RV.
- Wooden bed rails are also an option, but there are better products available.
- A proper bed rail must have the capacity to be in the same position even if there is a child in the bed.
Installing bed rails for RV bunks is important and it is a must if you have children traveling along. It puts your mind at ease and is not too expensive. Most RVs do not come with bed rails and people who don’t feel the need for it might not have toddlers traveling along. There is nothing wrong with being a little safe when camping outdoors.
With a huge number of products available in the market, we have shortlisted some of the best ones that you can choose from. These bed rails are built for safety and they fall under the safety standards. They are also well-suited for RV bunks and can be installed without any hassle.
In this blog post, we answered the question “What are the best bed rails for RV bunks?” We have talked about the benefits of installing RV bed rails and touched upon the cost and quality. We have also discussed selecting the right bed rails for RV bunks and listed the best bed rails that are available. Additionally, we have described the types of bed rails that are available.