What are the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters for towing?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters for towing?” We will describe the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters along with their features and specifications. Additionally, we will talk about the differences between the 13-pin and 7-pin connectors and look into the functions of the sockets.
What are the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters for towing?
Some of the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters are.
- Uxcell caravan adapter
- Dkardu towing adapter
- Autohaux trailer adapter
- Maso towing adapter
- NA towing adapter
- Maypole trailer adapter
- Trident adapters.
Uxcell caravan adapter
- Uxcell caravan adapters are one of the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters that are used for towing. These adapters are designed to fit European cars and trailer sockets. It has a 12-volt input and can be used for RV towing as well.
- Uxcell caravan adapters are well-built and they have a positive rating from customers. One of the biggest advantages is that the Uxcell caravan adapter arrives with a cap that can be used to close the adapter when not in use. They also arrive at a cheap price and are built to last long.
Dkardu towing adapter
- The Dkardu 13-pin to 7-pin towing adapter can be used for all types of caravans and trailers that have a 7-pin towing outlet. Dkardu has a waterproof electric socket with an operating voltage of 12 volts. It has a plug-in mount and the material is designed with plastic and metal.
- The Dkardu towing adapter is suitable for European standard trailers. These are built with high-quality plastic and can be used for RVs, yachts, caravans, ad motorcycles. The Dkardu towing adapter also arrives at an affordable price.
Autohaux trailer adapter
- The Autohaux trailer adapter is built for all types of weather conditions. It has a compact design and it is also built to protect against dust. It is easy to connect the 13-pin to the 7-pin adapter with the Autohaux trailer adapter.
- One of the advantages of this adapter is the plastic housing that is present to prevent rushing. The plastic housing also helps to prevent the water from seeping inside. This is a 12 Volt adapter that is versatile and can be used for RVs and all types of trailers.
Maso towing adapter
- The Maso 13-pin to 7-pin adapter is one of those recognized brands. These adapters are waterproof and they arrive with a weather-sealing rubber O-ring for added protection. It has a slim line design and comes with a sprung locking flap.
- This helps to protect the connections when not in use. It is easy to install and it is a perfect choice for the caravan electric towing plug and socket. The slim design makes this towing adapter unique and is built with excellent weather sealing.
NA towing adapter
- The NA towing adapter has a sprung protective cover which makes it waterproof and dustproof. You can use this cover to close the adapter when not in use. The NA towing adapter can be used for European standard trailers, commercial vehicles, and semitrailers.
- The ABS plastic makes it super durable and is one of the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters. However, the NA towing adapter has a slightly higher price when compared to the previous models. Yet, it does the job well and is built to last long.
Maypole trailer adapter
- Maypole trailer adapters have been around in the market for a long time. These adapters are easy to install and come with a one-year guarantee despite the size. The power voltage supply is 12 volts and weighs only 0.94 kilograms.
- These 13-pin to 7-pin adapters have a cover that can be closed to protect the pins when not in use. The depth of this adapter is 55 mm and the height is 92 mm. Maypole trailer adapters are one of the best and they also arrive at an affordable price.
- Trident adapters are widely used for caravans, trailers, and various types of motorhomes. These adapters are not too expensive, and they arrive in a decent price range. They are also convenient and easy to use, with a protective cover to prevent rust or dust.
- Those were some of the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters for towing. These are top-quality adapters that are waterproof and are built to last longer than most of the other options. They are light, easy to use, and follow the basic standards for conversion. When it comes to the price, the above-mentioned adapters are worth every penny.
Difference between 13-pin and 7-pin connectors
It is important to know the basic differences between the 13-pin and the 7-pin connectors, especially if you need to make a chance. Both connectors are used widely but the 13-pin connector has increased its usage over time.
- 13-pin connectors are must safer than 7-pin connectors. One main reason is that they are watertight and are perfect to drive even in rainy conditions. These connectors are compatible and it has a twist lock mechanism to make sure that the connection is right.
- The 13-pin plug has more functions than the 7-pin. When it comes to towing there are more than just a few connections. These plugs are used for reversing lights, rear mist lights, and various extra conditions.
- The 13-pin connector has 13 sockets present. Each of the sockets has its own function, wire thickness, and color. Here are the functions of a 13-pin socket.
13-pin socket overview
|1 / L||Left blinker||Yellow||1 mm|
|2 / 54G||Mist light||Blue||1 mm|
|3 /31||Mass||White||1.5 mm|
|4 /R||Right blinker||Green||1 mm|
|5 / 58R||Blinker tail light right||Brown||1 mm|
|6 / 54||Brake lights||Red||1 mm|
|7 / 58L||Left tail light||Black||1 mm|
|8||Reverse lights||Pink||1 mm|
|9||Constant power||Orange||2.5 mm|
|10||Contact-switched power||Dark Grey||2.5 mm|
|11||Mass (pin 10)||White / Black||2.5 mm|
|12||Trailer recognition||Light Grey||Different|
|13||Mass (for pin 9)||White / Red||2.5 mm|
- 7-pin connectors are still widely used across the world but most people are shifting to 13-pin for towing. This is because the 7-pin connectors arrive with limitations. These are not built for waterproof standards.
- The 7-pin plug supplies only the basic functions of lighting like blinkers and brake lights. These are perfect for bike carriers. The socket is small and the functionalities are limited. Hence, it is not as safe as the 13-pin connectors. Here are the functions of the 7-pin socket.
7-pin socket overview
|1 / L||Left blinker||Yellow|
|2 / 54G||Mist light||Blue|
|3 / 31||Mass||White|
|4 / R||Right blinker||Green|
|5 /58R||Right tail light||Brown|
|6 /54||Brake lights||Red|
|7 58L||Left tail light||Black|
Extra pin (optional)
|2a||Mist lights deactivation||Grey|
Those were the major differences between the 13-pin and 7-pin sockets. A 13-pin socket surely has more benefits and is slowly replacing the 7-pin socket. If you are unable to shift entirely to a 13-pin socket, the easiest way is to buy an adapter. This is a cheap option and it is sure to bring you various benefits.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters for towing?” We have described the best 13-pin to 7-pin adapters along with their features and specifications. Additionally, we have talked about the differences between the 13-pin and 7-pin connectors and looked into the functions of the sockets.