What are the Adult only campgrounds in Ohio?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are the Adult only campgrounds in Ohio?” We will list out some of the best campgrounds for adults in Ohio and we will talk about the features and amenities that they provide. Furthermore, we will discuss the outdoor activities that are provided by these campgrounds.
What are the Adult only campgrounds in Ohio?
The different Adult only campgrounds that are available in Ohio have been showcased as follows.
- Indian creek camping resort
- Findley state park
- Lazy R campground
- Dayton tall timbers resort KOA
- Hocking Hills adventures
- John Bryan State Park
- Lakeview RV Park
- Sycamore State Park
- Mohican State Park
- Portage Lakes State Park
- Scioto Trail State Park
- Shawnee State Park
- Tappan Lake
- West Branch State Park
Indian creek camping resort
- The Indian creek camping resort is an outdoor resort that is located near Lake Erie. It has 110 acres of beautiful land and is perfect for outdoor activities. This camping resort is RV-friendly and you can also get to choose to camp in a tent if necessary.
- Some of the attractive facilities are the adults-only heated swimming pools. It also has an 18-hole miniature golf course with volleyball courts. You also get alcoholic beverages available at the resort and it is also a pet-friendly place.
- There is a dump station, propane filling station, and a shower building included on the property.
- The cost of renting a space in this campground can be anywhere from $42 per night. The Indian Creek Camping Resort is one of the best places for camping in Ohio.
Findley state park
- The Findley state park is known for its incredible woodlands and hiking trails. This state park is also open for everyone but the activities are all well-suited for adults.
- With several trekking opportunities and abundant forests, the Findley state park is an amazing place to camp in Ohio. There are lakes and wildlife with hookups for RVs and motorhomes.
- You can also rent a cabin in this park and go out for long treks and fishing. There is a dump station along with restrooms, flush toilets, showers, and a boat launching ramp.
- Mountain biking, swimming, basketball, and volleyball are the other attractions at this incredible park. It is a perfect getaway for adults.
Lazy R campground
- This campground is located 24.5 miles near Englewood in Bradford and it has close to 90 sites available. They also have primitive sites and campers have a wide range of activities to choose from.
- You get access to a stocked fishing pond, dump station, basketball court, volleyball court, and many more.
- There are also planned activities for adults during the night and day. You can also camp on a weekly and monthly basis.
- There are horseshoe pits and internet access.
- This campground has a good reputation and is one of those incredible places to visit during the season time. You can also camp only for a night if required.
Dayton tall timbers resort KOA
- This is the closest campground in Englewood and it is located close to five and a half miles from Englewood.
- There are rental lodges and two-room cabins.
- All the necessary hookups for RVs are available at this site.
- There is a mini-golf course and a small train that runs around the grounds.
- There are basketball courts, a gazebo, a gem mine, and a pond.
Hocking hills adventures
- For those of you who are looking for something near Logan, this is an incredible place to take advantage of the scenic beauty at the Canoe Livery and the beautiful Riverside.
- This is one of the best places to enjoy nature and camp along with the pristine natural setting.
- There are picnic tables along with water hookups and electricity.
John Bryan State Park
- With 752 acres located in Greene County, this state park is connected with nature and is located in Western Ohio.
- It has both electric and non-electric campsites with pit latrines, restrooms, picnic tables, and fire rings.
- There are also mountain and biking trails and it is located in an excellent place for cross country skiing.
Lakeview RV Park
- This RV Park has an exceptional 13-acre lake and is located in Lancaster.
- There are full-hookup sites and it comes with a variety of amenities.
- There are concrete patios, fire rings, and wireless internet.
- A perfect location for fishing, swimming, and boating.
- There are plenty of spots to explore nearby at the Lakeview RV Park.
Sycamore State Park
- The Sycamore State Park is not too far from Englewood. This park has a solid 2,384 acres of land.
- There are plenty of group sites that are available by reservation.
- There are sleeping shelters with electrical hookups and picnic area bathrooms.
- Campers can enjoy the hiking trails and make use of fishing in the creek.
Mohican State Park
- With 1,110 acres located on the south shores of Pleasant Hill Lake, this park is surrounded by the Mohican Memorial State Forest.
- This park is open throughout the year and is RV friendly.
- Activities such as boating, fishing, hiking, and mountain biking are one of the biggest advantages of this place.
Portage Lakes State Park
- This park has 2,034 acres of land that is perfect for motorhomes and camping.
- Some of the best attractions are kayaking, swimming, canoeing, wildlife watching, and boating.
- You can also rent cabins at this site and there are plenty of amenities like hot showers, picnic tables, and dump stations. If you are interested in outdoor activities, this is the best place.
Scioto trail state park
- The Trail State Forest around this 218-acre park is one of those undisturbed and peaceful places to visit.
- From hiking to mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, swimming, and boating, this is an excellent place for outdoor activities.
- Horseback riding and naturalist programs are some of the other added advantages.
Shawnee State Park
- The Shawnee State Park is surrounded by the Shawnee State Forest and has 63,000 acres of forest land.
- This park is perfectly situated at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and it has easy access to the Ohio River in Scioto County.
- There is a boat launching ramp, comfort stating, boating, and swimming activities to keep you busy at all times.
- Ever heard of Tappan Lake in Harrison County? Well, if you haven’t it’s time to pack your bags and take advantage of this place.
- This place is surrounded by 5,000 acres of beautiful nature.
- There are many activities including, fishing, canoeing, boating, kayaking, mountain biking, kayaking, and swimming.
West Branch State Park
- The West Branch State Park is east of Ravenna and it has 5,352 acres of land with 2,650 acres of water.
- There are plenty of activities such as boating, swimming, fishing, and many more.
- There are electric sites as well as toilets and laundry facilities.
- You can also go hunting and wildlife watching throughout the year in this incredible place.
Most of these campsites have some of the best outdoor activities that are mainly targeted at adults. While they might be open for kids, these are one of the places that are preferred for adults only. It is pretty hard to come across only campsites that are suited for adults alone. However, the above list is as close as we could get.
Several Adult only campgrounds in Ohio offer some of the best facilities and amenities to all their campers and motorhome enthusiasts. With a huge list of campgrounds to choose from, there are opportunities to suit your needs. For some people who want an Adult only campground, Ohio has some of the best options and attractions to enhance your stay.
There are thousands of people who love camping in Ohio and many of them are in different groups. Some people love to take the kids along and enjoy all the activities while some prefer to have some time on their own. For those who want to spend time only with adults around, there are plenty of Adult only campgrounds in Ohio.
Luckily for those who are staying in Ohio, there are plenty of campgrounds that are well-suited for adults. Some of these campsites might allow you to bring your kids along, but they are better suited for adults. Most of these campsites will not accommodate kids since they are purely focused on adults.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are the Adult only campgrounds in Ohio?” We have listed out some of the best campgrounds for adults in Ohio and we have talked about the features and amenities that they provide. Furthermore, we have discussed the outdoor activities that are provided by these campgrounds.