What are some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “What are some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas?” We will talk about the essentials and the basics that are required for a camper conversion. Additionally, we will talk about the best 4×6 cargo trailers for camper conversions, along with their key features and specs.
What are some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas?
Some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas are
- Install a bed
- Add solar panels
- Add an outdoor kitchen
- Install the required appliances
- Assemble a portable toilet
- Add an extended tent
- Add storage options
- Add vents
Install a bed
- When it comes to converting a 4×6 cargo trailer, it is essential to install a bed. A camper without a bed is incomplete, which is the first thing you need to consider. There are several 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas, but sticking to the essentials first is important.
- A 4×6 cargo trailer is enclosed, but it is also limited in space, and you need to make the best of what is available. Take the measurements of the camper and build a bed with the help of wood.
- Consider the length and width of the bed and build it according to the desired measurements. Add a foam bed on top of the wooden platform to provide more comfort.
Add solar panels
- You will need some power source for a 4×6 cargo trailer. Adding a couple of solar panels is the best way to get the desired power. This will ensure that you have an independent source of power, and there is no need to depend on shore power. Adding solar panels is also a major benefit as you get to camp anywhere.
- Plenty of solar panels, including flexible ones, are affordable and easy to install for cargo trailers. Make sure to get the entire solar kit to power up the camper. You will be required to have an inverter, a battery, and the panels.
- Solar power will help you run on your camper’s required appliances. A 200-watt solar panel should be enough for a 4×6 cargo trailer.
Add an outdoor kitchen
- A camper requires a kitchen, but due to the restricted size of the 4×6 cargo trailer, the best option is to consider an outdoor kitchen. An outdoor kitchen is also safe, and cooking inside a tiny 4×6 cargo trailer is not recommended.
- You will need a portable table and a few items for an outdoor camper kitchen. One of the most important items is to have a portable camping stove. You will also need plenty of storage options to organize your items.
- Purchase a couple of portable storage shelves to store all the necessary groceries and other items. Make sure there are enough drawers to place all the cutlery and other items that need to be in the kitchen. These items should be easy to transport and take out when necessary.
- A portable outdoor kitchen is the best option for a 4×6 cargo trailer. Ensure there are also windbreakers to protect the stove from harsh wind.
Install the required appliances
- Next, you need to install all the essential appliances. Based on the capacity of the solar power, consider adding the required appliances. A small portable fridge is required to keep all your food. This is a must-have item, especially if you plan to camp for over two days. There are plenty of camper fridge options that have a decent price.
- Add a small microwave along with the other items. A microwave is handy and important while camping. Be sure to get a tiny microwave and add it to the kitchen items. You will also need a portable sink and pump to help you get water from the freshwater tanks.
Assemble a portable toilet
- While this depends on the available space, it is always good to assemble a portable toilet. There are only two items that are required for a portable toilet. You will need to add a cassette toilet and an external shower.
- A cassette toilet does not consume extra space, which is one of the best options for a 4×6 cargo trailer. You can also get a shower bag with an external shower option. This can be installed outside the camper without any hassle.
Add an extended tent
- Another 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion idea is to add an extended tent. This is required if more than two people are camping in a 4×6 cargo trailer. An extended tent will also provide more space to keep all your essentials inside.
Add storage options
- The crucial part is to add more storage shelves to the 4×6 cargo trailer. You will be required to have storage as much as possible. Be sure to add enough portable storage shelves to get all the required space you need.
- It is also important to add vents for the 4×6 cargo trailer. Since you will be camping and sleeping in the trailer, you need to have an outlet to ensure enough fresh air. You can also install windows on either side depending on the make and model of the cargo trailer. Add curtains to the trailer to give it a personal touch.
Those were some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas. These ideas are easy to execute and essential for a comfortable camping experience. Make sure to have a freshwater tank with a minimum of 25 liters. You will also need a grey water tank that needs to be connected to the portable sink.
It is also important to consider the trailer’s dry weight and the gross weight. Make sure to have a decent SUV to tow a 4×6 camper trailer. Some of the other important tips to look into is to make sure that you have the right hitch. Change the tires of the cargo trailer if they are worn out, and consider adding some lights on the trailer.
Best 4×6 cargo trailers for camper conversions
A couple of choices exist when selecting a 4×6 cargo trailer for camper conversion. Here are some of the best trailers that make a good fit.
Rock Solid cargo trailer
- Rock Solid cargo trailers have strong and rugged features for transporting heavy-duty cargo. It has a manual jack with a 2-inch coupler and spring suspension. The single rear door and 5-hole wheels make it a good option for a camper conversion. This trailer arrives with LED lights and has an interior height of 48”.
Ringo cargo trailer
- The Ringo cargo trailer has a GVW of 2,000 pounds with an empty trailer weight of 450 pounds. This is one of the perfect options for a camper conversion. This is an enclosed V-nose trailer with a barn door. It also has a stone guard and an extended tongue. The interior lighting adds to the advantage of this cargo trailer.
Flat Rock cargo trailers
- Flat Rock cargo trailers are one of the top options for camper conversion. These cargo trailers have a 3-inch channel A-frame with 2-leaf springs and white mod wheels. It has excellent features that make it a perfect fit for a camper. The LED lighting package and 2,000-pound Idler Axle are some of the other key features.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “What are some 4×6 cargo trailer camper conversion ideas?” We have talked about the essentials and the basics that are required for a camper conversion. Additionally, we have talked about the best 4×6 cargo trailers for camper conversions, along with their key features and specs.