How to install a solar panel for a pop-up camper?
In this blog post, we will answer the question “How to install a solar panel for a pop-up camper?” We will discuss the required materials for a solar panel and explain the benefits of solar panels for pop-up campers. We will also talk about the steps to install a pop-up camper and list out some of the best solar panels for a pop-up camper.
How to install a solar panel for a pop-up camper?
The steps to install a solar panel for a pop-up camper are listed below.
- The first step will be to clean the roof properly and get rid of any dents or damage in the area where you are planning to fix the solar panel.
- Drill four holes in the roof according to the size of the panel and make sure to mark the holes as per the panel’s measurements.
- Fix the brackets that come along with the solar panel which holds the panel down to the roof.
- Once you are done with the marking you can go ahead and drill the holes to fix the panel on top.
- Drill an extra hole for the wires to get through the roof.
- Take the wires from the panel through the holes into the camper.
- You will need to decide on a place to mount the charge controller and connect the solar wires to the controller.
- Once you have fixed the wires, you will need to run the wires from the controller to the battery.
- The controller will determine if you are getting power from the solar panel to the battery.
- Make sure that you use sealant on the roof and fill the gaps where the wires have gone through. This will prevent water from coming in.
Fixing a solar panel on your own is pretty easy, but you might need help carrying the panel up the roof. You will also need to get the wires in the right place that runs to the battery. Once you have the right place to fix the controller, you can go ahead with this process. Most of the solar panels come with a full kit. You will get the panel, the controller, and the wires that go to the battery.
Required materials needed for a solar panel
To install a solar panel for a pop-up camper a few steps and materials are required. There are plenty of options for installing a solar panel for a pop-up camper. Installing a solar panel is not a difficult task and it can be done with the help of a professional. All you need is the right components and the right steps to install these panels.
Once you have the right materials, you can go ahead with the installation process. Be sure to check the condition of the pop-up camper and check if any repairs are required. You might need to repair the pop-up camper before installing the solar panel. Here are the required materials for installing a solar panel.
Solar panel and deep cycle battery
- Selecting the solar panel is important and you will need to get the right panel for your pop-up camper.
- Make sure to get a good one to get the job done efficiently.
- You will need to check for the size and make sure that it matches the pop-up camper.
- Try not to get a huge one since the installation might be an issue and it can look ugly.
- You will also need a good deep cycle battery to store the energy that is collected from the solar panel. With this battery, you should be able to store a lot of energy.
- The battery should also be able to feed the inverter and must be able to handle a 12-volt adapter.
An inverter is also essential to convert the power of the battery. The inverter should be able to convert the power of the battery which is 12 volts to 110 volts. An inverter will need enough wattage capacity for the other components to run successfully. You should be able to get an inverter with ease from any electrical store.
Those are the most important materials that are required for a solar pop-up camper. The other consumables that are required will depend on what you need and how you do the installation. The best way to get this done is by getting the help of an expert. In that way, you are not required to struggle with the installation process.
Benefits of solar panels for pop up campers
- Solar panels for pop-up campers are good for the environment and are also cost-efficient.
- Solar panels are built to last long and most solar panels can last for up to 10 years.
- There are no moving parts and there is not much maintenance required.
- With the latest technology, there are plenty of solar panels that are perfect for a pop-up camper.
- Installing a solar panel for a pop-up camper is sure to save you money.
- There is no need for fuel since you get all the required power from the sun.
- The other advantage is the freedom to travel anywhere.
- There is no need to depend on external power sources from RV Parks or campsites and you don’t need to worry about fuel.
A solar panel is a must-have for people who are planning on camping for more than a week. Pop-up campers will help you store power and consume it when necessary. This comes in handy, especially for people who camp on a long-term basis. With a solar panel for your pop-up camper, you do not need to depend on any other electric power source.
Be sure to get help from a friend or family member since you might need an extra pair of hands to carry the panel on top. You can also get the help of an expert to get the job done. Make sure you get the right panel to suit your needs. Below are some of the best solar panels for your pop-up camper.
Best solar panels for your camper
Make sure to have a good battery with you on the camper. Your battery must be in good condition to get the best out of the solar panel. Be sure to do some research before purchasing a solar panel online. Various options for solar panels are available, but make sure to get the right one for your camper here are some of the best solar panels to choose from.
Photonic Universe 300W panel
This is a single panel that can be mounted on the roof and it has enough capacity to charge up the pop-up camper. This panel is not too heavy as it weighs only 15 kilograms and it is small and compact. It is safe to be used in all weather conditions. These are one of the best panels that give you a constant supply of electricity.
Sun Store Solar Kit
The Sun Store Solar Kit is a 160W solar panel that is perfect for your camper. It arrives with the corner mounts, charge controller, cable entry gland, and all the other required materials including a fuse holder and fuse. This solar panel is fixed on an aluminum frame and is rust-free. The Sun Store Solar Kit is one of the best for a camper.
Renogy Flexible Solar Panel
This solar panel is flexible and is perfect for heavy usage. It can be bent up to a 248-degree arc. These panels are 70 percent lighter than the other solar panels and it is perfect for a camper. It’s pretty easy to install since you only need to stick it to the roof. However, it might not generate as heavy power as the standard panels. This solar panel is 160W.
Those were some of the best solar panels and there are plenty of options available in the market. A solar panel is a huge benefit for pop-up campers, especially if you go on off-road camping. Installing a solar panel is pretty easy, but make sure to get an expert if you are not aware of what you are doing.
In this blog post, we have answered the question “How to install a solar panel for a pop-up camper?” We have discussed the required materials for a solar panel and explained the benefits of solar panels for pop-up campers. We have also talked about the steps to install a pop-up camper and listed out some of the best solar panels for a pop-up camper.