What is the purpose of a Kimberly RV wood stove?
In this blog post, we will answer the question “What is the purpose of a Kimberly RV wood stove?” We will describe the functions and the specifications of the stove. We will also discuss the benefits and the value of the Kimberly RV wood stove. Additionally, we will talk about the required clearance and space along with the process of lighting this stove.
What is the purpose of a Kimberly RV wood stove?
The purpose of a Kimberly RV wood stove is to keep your RV warm during winter. The Kimberly RV wood stove can also be used in a tiny house, skoolie, or any motorhome. The Kimberly RV wood stove is well-known for its reputation and is one of those classic stoves that is used for compact living spaces, RVs, cabins, and small houses.
The Kimberly RV wood stove is also good for the environment. It is efficient with incredible thermodynamic gasifier technology. The Kimberly RV stove has been used in RVs for decades. Many people still prefer to use the Kimberly RV wood stove due to its clean non-catalytic wood-burning properties. Here are some of the advantages listed below.
- The thermodynamic gasifier technology has the potential to harness the wood.
- It is one of the cleanest wood-burning stoves that has been invented.
- The biggest advantage of this stove is the potential to provide more heat with less wood.
- The Kimberly RV wood stove is also built for off-grid houses.
- This stove is also approved for residential properties and mobile homes
If you are looking for a dry heat source, the Kimberly RV wood stove is one of the best options. Among all the tiny wood stoves, the Kimberly RV stove has one of the best ratings in the market. This stove can be easily purchased online. Below are the specifications for the Kimberly RV wood stove.
Specifications for the Kimberly RV wood stove
These stoves have been tested and tried for years together. With some of the best components, it has outsmarted its competitors in the market. Transporting and installing a Kimberly RV wood stove is also easy. However, you might need another person to carry the stove along while installing it. Here are some of the specifications listed below.
- 10-inch width
- 25.5-inch height
- 56 pounds in weight.
- 3-inch vents with double-wall pellet stove pipe.
- Horizontal flue exit.
- Certified for six-inch clearance on the back and the sides of the flue.
- Stainless steel material.
- Clean outbox.
- Log length up to 10 inches.
- Viewing glass.
- Versatile cooktop.
- Non-catalytic re-burn fuel system.
- Provision for outside air intake.
- Single draft control.
- Base pre-drilled for mounting.
- 3.2 g/hr emissions.
- Burns up to eight hours with the right wood.
- Heats up to 1,000 square feet of insulated space.
- The peak can reach 42,500 BTUs an hour.
With the above-mentioned specs, it is clear that the Kimberly RV wood stove is one of the best of its kind. One of the biggest advantages of this stove is the dual combustion. This means there is a secondary fire that keeps burning on the top. The fire at the bottom is the one that you see and the fire at the top is not visible, but it produces most of the heat.
Benefits and value of the Kimberly RV wood stove
- The cooktop surface has the potential to exceed more than 500 Degree Celsius.
- It can touch close to 600 when loaded with the right wood.
- Cooking meals on this cooktop surface is easy and fast due to the heat.
- The chimney keeps cool on the sides despite the heat and the sides of the cooktop are also not too hot unless you get too close.
- This stove is designed for the heat to come off the top and the glass that is located in the front.
- The Kimberly wood stove will not use the oxygen from the inside when operating. It will draw the oxygen from the outside since it is equipped with an air breather underneath the stove.
- The Kimberly RV wood stove is safe and functions efficiently with little supervision.
Most wood stoves will require the keep the door open while lighting the fire. The Kimberly wood stove is different and there is no need to keep the door open since there is a constant flow of air from the bottom. This air goes through the stove and keeps the fire lighting. When it fire is not lit, it will simply pass through the stove into the chimney.
How to light the Kimberly wood stove?
- To light the Kimberly wood stove you might need to get some fire starters.
- Do not use paper to light the Kimberly wood stove.
- Place the fire starter at the bottom and simply place some kindling standing upright on the stove to get the fire started.
- Light the fire starter and you will be able to see that the wood catches fire.
- There is no need to keep the door open, unlike the other stoves.
- Once the kindling starts to burn, you can add in the other big logs.
- Remember not to use any wax-based firewood inside the stove.
- It is also advised not to just cut wood from any tree and throw it inside the woodstove.
- You can buy the right logs that are made for this purpose. Make sure to use dry wood to burn.
The functioning process
The one thing that you might find is the glass starts to darken due to the residue left from the wood. This is common and is found in all RV wood stoves that have a glass front. Using presto logs is one of the best options as these are suited for the Kimberly RV wood stove. You might need to split the logs into having them before you place them in the store.
Once the fires start to burn well you will notice that the smoke goes out through the chimney. This is pretty normal and after around 15 to 20 minutes it will get back to normal. After burning the stove for more than 20 to 30 minutes, you will notice that the glass of the stove will now be black.
You might not be able to see the flame, but this is normal and happens every time. The good news is that this black residue will remain only for a short period. After an hour or so, you will notice that the black substance on the glass will burn away and the glass will start to become clear once again.
Clearance and required space
Since this stove is made for tiny and compact dwellings, you will not require extra space. You will only need about six inches at the side and the back. Some of the other small stoves require more clearance. Due to the compact size and excellent burning capacity, this stove is perfect for camping in your RV during winter.
The Kimberly RV wood stove has the potential to burn throughout the night if you have the right wood. You can wake up in the morning and still find the cooktop hot enough to prepare a cup of coffee. You can also save a lot of money on propane with the help of this wood stove. The Kimberly RV wood stove is worth the investment and perfect for off-grid camping.
Maintenance and burning efficiency
You can heat, cook, and even prepare hot water whenever required. Wood is the only requirement for the Kimberly stove and you do not need to depend on anything else. When it comes to maintaining, there is nothing much that you need to do rather than the normal cleaning. Due to the efficient burning process, there is not much ash left inside the stove.
The secondary combustion at the top burns everything out and keeps it clean most of the time. The good news is that the stove has a tray at the bottom to collect the remaining ash. Cleaning this stove is very easy and you can also generate power. if you have a thermoelectric generator. There is no doubt that the Kimberly RV wood stove is worth every penny.
In this blog post, we have answered the question “What is the purpose of a Kimberly RV wood stove?” We have described the functions and the specifications of the stove. We have also discussed the benefits and the value of the Kimberly RV wood stove. Additionally, we talked about the required clearance and space along with the process of lighting this stove.