Is the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal any good?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Is the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal any good?” We will discuss the features and specifications of the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal. We will also discuss the various steps to install the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal.
Is the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal any good?
Yes, the Eaton Powerslid RV pedestal is good. The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal is specially designed for RVs, fifth wheels, travel trailers, and various motorhomes. The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal is built with top-quality components and is one of the best power outlets to meet all your campsite requirements.
What makes the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal good?
The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal has some of the best features compared to the other pedestals. You can easily connect all utilities in a single enclosure. This pedestal has stood the test of time and is safe and secure. Here are some of the key features and specifications of the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal.
Corrosion resistant housing
- Since this pedestal is designed for outdoor use on campsites, it arrives with a corrosion-resistant housing feature. This product is made from corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Worrying about rain, snow, and extreme climatic conditions is unnecessary. The pedestal is built to last long and is also one of the fastest-moving products.
- The innovative mounting system makes the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal even more unique. It arrives with a post-mount sleeve, and the pedestal can easily be locked when in use.
- The mounting options are simple. You can bury it directly into the ground. As long as you have a hard surface, you will be able to get the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal installed easily.
- This powerslide can be configured to be dual-sided and can easily serve two RVs simultaneously. The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal arrives with a 50, 30, and 20-amp configuration. It is designed for all variations of hookups. You can add some extra features like the internet output on the pedestal.
- The LED lighting makes the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal stand out from the other models. This has light-sensing LED lighting and is standard on all pedestals from Eaton.
- This RV pedestal has an amber LED light. The LED light is internal with a light-sensing photocell. This LED lighting is one of the best features of the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal.
- The photocell LED is the most convenient feature as it automatically turns on the light when darkness is sensed.
- The fully internal mounting provides a clean and modern appearance. This makes the pedestal look stylish and stands apart from the other models. The modern design and sandalwood textured housing are some of the other key features of this product. It has a UV-protected outer shell that is rust-proof and durable.
- There is a hose bracket to store the pipe on the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal. Metering is available on the powerslide for easy tracking and billing. This metering provides accurate and immediate electricity data.
- The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal arrives with all the required installation instructions. It is extremely easy to install and is undoubtedly one of the best pedestals available in the market.
- All you need to do is simply follow the steps described to install this product in no time. The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal is perfect for water, communications, lighting, and electricity.
- The easiest method to install this pedestal is by sliding it onto a four-by-four wooden post. The direct burial option is one of the easiest, and securing it to the concrete pad is one of the oldest and most traditional methods.
Steps to install the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal
Eaton is one of the World’s largest and most trusted RV park electric equipment suppliers. Eaton is well-known for their top-quality products, and they are also known for its easy installation process. Here are a few simple steps to install the Eaton Powersilde RV pedestal.
Attach the mounting bracket
- First, you will need to attach the mounting bracket. There are three different mounting methods with the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal. The post-mount, pad-mount, and direct burial. Ensure to attach the mounting bracket to the powerslide before hooking up the power and water connections.
Remove the lower access cover
- Next, you must remove the lower access cover of the powerslide. Use a screwdriver and remove both screws on either side. Note that the post-mounting arrives preinstalled with the appropriate bracket. Hence, there is no necessary installation.
Install the direct burial
- To install the direct burial of the pad mount bracket, you will need to attach the lug and ground wire to the bracket with the help of a nut. Next, you need to snap the bracket into the lower portion of the powerslide.
- Attach the back of the bracket to the inside of the powerslide with the help of three screws. Next, you will need to attach the sides of the bracket with the help of the remaining nuts to the powerslide.
Connect the power supply
- In this step, you must connect the power supply to the busbars. Make sure to expose the busbars to the top neck of the powerline. These should be exposed to the busbar’s 1/4-inch studs.
- Note that the busbars are identified as “L1,” “L2,” and “Ground.” Double-check if the supply lines are connected to the proper bus lug.
- Remember that the wire size limit is 350 mcm for direct or loop feed.
Connect the water supply
- The next step is to connect the water supply. Start by removing the panel to access the ball valves for connection. Remove the screws carefully and keep them safe until you replace the panel at the back.
- Attach a flexible poly hose from the waterline. Pull the hose outside from under the base and connect it properly to the back of the ball valve. The hose should be connected to the ball valve and the back panel. Gently push the hose back inside and reinstall the panel with the screws.
Connect the internet
- Remove the access panel to connect the internet and cable TV. Pull the internet and cable out from under the base and connect them to the back of the assembly.
- You will be required to remove the internet jack for the internet connection. Separate the wires and guide the cables back on the inside. Reinstall the panel once you are done with this step.
Fix the pedestal
- Now that you are done with the connections, it’s time to fix the pedestal. If you have a post mount, slide the pedestal onto the pre-installed post. Use the right screws that are provided to install the pedestal. Secure the pedestal to the post properly.
- If you have a pad mount, you will be required to attach the pedestal to the ground. Use the brackets that are provided with the pedestal and install them properly.
- For direct burial, you must insert the mounting bracket into the ground and push it further until the soil level reaches the grade level mark. Be sure to reinstall the front access panel once you are done.
Those were some of the easiest and fastest ways to install the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal. The Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal is one of those leading brands that are available at most campsites. You can also install the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal at home. This is one of the most convenient RV pedestals.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Is the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal any good?” We have discussed the features and specifications of the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal. We have also discussed the various steps to install the Eaton Powerslide RV pedestal.