How to restore an Apache Ramada Camper?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to restore an Apache Ramada Camper?” We will discuss the steps to restore an Apache Ramada Camper from scratch. We will also talk about the essential and crucial appliances that must be replaced during this project.
How to restore an Apache Ramada Camper?
To restore an Apache Ramada Camper, you need to follow the steps described below.
- Remove all the unwanted stuff
- Clean the interior and exterior
- Restore the roof, walls, and floor
- Replace the bed and dinette
- Change the cabinets
- Change the sink
- Replace the appliances
- Add a new gas top
- Add new lighting
- Replace the tires
- Paint the camper
- Add new curtains and cushions.
Remove all the unwanted stuff
- The first step is to remove all the unwanted stuff from the camper. If you want to restore an Apache Ramada Camper, you will need to get rid of all the things that are not useful. This includes the appliances, table, shelves, seating arrangements, etc.
- Look at the camper’s interior and check for all the weak or broken components. Get rid of all these components and empty the camper. If you find some items useful or that can be repaired, take them out separately and get them fixed before installing them again.
Clean the interior and exterior
- Next, you need to do a thorough cleaning for the Apache Ramada Camper. This includes the interiors and the exterior. Start with the interiors and remove all the dirt, dust, or debris. If your camper has rust, be sure to remove it as well. Use soap water on the roof, walls, and floor and wash out all the dirt.
- Get rid of all the stains and ensure the camper is completely clean on the inside. You can also use a liquid cleaner and degreaser on the surface of the camper. Pressure wash the camper to get rid of everything properly. Pressure washing the camper will easily help remove half the dirt.
- Follow the same process for the exterior, and try to get the camper as clean as possible with these few steps.
Restore the roof, walls, and floor
- You should consider restoring the camper’s roof, walls, and floor if damaged. Use RV sealant for the roof to cover holes if there are any. Check the roof for damage and try to restore it as much as possible.
- Do the same for the walls and the floor of the Apache Ramada Camper. In most situations, the walls or the floor can be damaged. You can also easily add plywood flooring by taking measurements of the exposed floor area. Cut plywood panels according to the measurements and screw them into the floor and the walls if necessary.
Replace the bed and dinette
- Replace the bed of the Apache Ramada Camper since you must have a new one. Throw away the old bed since it will surely be old and uncomfortable. Get a bed based on the size of the previous one and match it to the bed frame.
- The dinette in the Apache Ramada Camper is old-school since this camper was launched back in the 1970s. You will need a better dinette to build the overall appearance and convenience inside.
- Fix a portable and adjustable RV pedestal table leg to the floor and add a piece of plywood on top of the table. Cut the plywood according to your preference and add stain to give it a rich finish.
- You can construct wooden seats based on the right measurements to match the table for the seating arrangement. Use two-by-4s and plywood to build a small seating arrangement around the table.
Change the cabinets
- The Apache Ramada Camper has cabinets still good enough to match the modern-day camping lifestyle. However, you must change them if they are not in good shape.
- Build on own cabinets with wood, or purchase one based on your requirements. With the help of plywood, you can get the best cabinets for your camper.
Change the sink
- It is always recommended to change the sink of a camper in the restoration process, even if the old sink is in good shape. Be sure to remove the sink and replace it with a new one of the same size. You can also add a new tap to the sink if necessary.
Replace the appliances
- Just like the sink, the same goes for the appliances. Camper appliances can be worn out soon, especially if the camper was built in the 70s or later. If it’s more than ten years, you must change them.
- Replace the refrigerator, mixer, and washer/dryer if needed. The most important part is to replace the AC unit and the furnace. Remove all the old appliances and use new ones to restore your camper.
Add a new gas top
- Once again, the Apache Ramada Camper has an old gas top, and replacing it with a new one is essential. This also includes the cables, tubes, and other accessories that are connected to the gas top. There are plenty of gas top options that are available for campers.
Add new lighting
- Lighting plays a crucial role in giving your camper a fine appearance. Get rid of all the old lighting and replace them with new ones. On the other hand, you will need to replace the entire wiring system of the camper.
- Use new wires, cables, conduits, and switches and upgrade the camper with the latest technology. USB charging ports are a must-have to suit the modern camping lifestyle.
Replace the tires
- Even if the tires are in good condition, it is recommended that you replace them with new ones. Use quality tires to match your camper, preferably off-grid camping tires.
Paint the camper
- Next, you will need to paint the camper. This is the fun part, where you can be creative and give your camper a beautiful look. Get rid of the old colors inside, and feel free to give it your own touch. Do the same for the outside and try to use a combination of colors to enhance the appearance.
Add new curtains and cushions
- Add new curtains inside the camper and a couple of cushions on the bed and seating arrangement. Feel free to add curtains of your choice. This is a restoration project, and there is no need to stick to the same layout and design of the camper. Be sure to make changes according to your preference and liking.
Restoring an Apache Ramada Camper can be an interesting and exciting project. The most important part is to check the functions of the vehicle. Be sure to give your vehicle a proper service before heading out. Check if the axle and all the other movable components and functioning properly. The wiring is also an important part that has to be taken care of.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to restore an Apache Ramada Camper?” We have discussed the steps to restore an Apache Ramada Camper right from scratch. We have also talked about the essential and crucial appliances that need to be replaced during this project.