How to remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan?” We discuss the steps to remove a front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan. We will also list the specifications of the Dodger Caravan. Additionally, we will discuss the unique features of this vehicle.
How to remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan?
To remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan, you will need to follow the steps described below.
- First, you will need to clear the area and remove all the items near the front passenger seat if there are any.
- In the next step, you will need to fold down the front seat by using the reclining lever that is present on the left.
- The front passenger seat is fixed to the floor of the Dodger Caravan and you will need to use a wrench or a spanner to remove the nuts.
- The seat is fixed with four nuts and you will need to remove those nuts that are situated below.
- Once you have removed the nuts, you can slowly lift from the floor of the vehicle.
Those are the few steps that are required to remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan. The most important part is to get under the vehicle and remove the nuts that are holding onto the seat. Removing the seat for the Dodge Caravan can be done on your own if you follow the steps mentioned above.
Fold-down the seat
You will be required to fold the seat before starting any work. Use the reclining leaver to push the seat down. You can still work with the seat upright, but it is easier to remove the seat when folded down. Be sure to use gloves and wear eyeglasses for protection. It is also advised to ask a professional for help if you are not familiar with working with vehicles.
Remove the nuts
Removing the nuts is the most important thing that you need to do to get the seat off. Unlike the rear seats, the front passenger seat might be hard to remove since it is located near the steering wheel. The removal process can be easier if the seats at the rear are already removed. Ensure to locate the nuts that hold the seat at the bottom and remove them in the right manner.
Unplug the wiring
Be sure to check under the seat for wiring as you will need to unplug all the wires that are connected to the seat. Usually, the seat will have retaining clips that can be removed easily. You will need to press the retaining clips and pull them back to get them out of the seat. There will be around two or three retaining clips that are connected to the seat.
The most important part is getting under the vehicle to unscrew the nuts that are holding down the seat. You might need to push your way underneath by lying on your back. Make sure to inform somebody at home if you are planning on doing this task by yourself. A little help will surely be beneficial in this situation.
Dodge Caravan specifications
The Dodge Caravan has some of the best specifications when compared to most vehicles of the same type. The latest model is built for comfort and convenience. Here are some of the features and specs listed below.
- Engine Type and Required Fuel – Regular Unleaded V-6
- Displacement (liters/cubic inches) 3.6 L/220
- Fuel System – Sequential MPI
- Maximum Horsepower RPM 283 – 6400
- Maximum Torque RPM 260 – 4400
- Fuel Capacity / Gas Tank Size – 20
- Range, city/highway (miles) – 340.00 / 500.00
- EPA Fuel Economy, combined/city/highway (mpg) – 20 / 17 / 25.
- Passenger / Seating Capacity – 7
- Total Passenger Volume – 156.1 cubic feet
- Front Head Room – 39.8 inches
- Front Leg Room – 40.7 inches
- Front Shoulder Room – 63.7 inches
- Front Hip Room – 58.4 inches
- Second Row Head Room – 39.3 inches
- Second Row Leg Room – 36.5 inches
- Second Row Shoulder Room – 64.1 inches
- Second Row Hip Room – 65 inches
- Third Row Head Room – 37.9 inches
- Third Row Leg Room – 32.7 inches
- Third Row Shoulder Room – 62 inches
- Third Row Hip Room – 48.7 inches
- Wheelbase – 121.2 inches
- Length – 202.8 inches
- Width, without mirrors – 78.7 inches.
- Height – 67.9 inches
- Front Track Width – 65.6 inches
- Rear Track Width – 64.8 inches
- Minimum Ground Clearance – 5.6 inches.
- Cargo Space/Area Behind Second Row – 83.3 cubic feet.
- Cargo Space/Area Behind Third Row – 33 cubic feet
- Cargo Bed Height – 48.6 inches
- Cargo Space/Area Behind Front Row – 143.8 inches.
- Maximum Trailer Weight, dead weight hitch – 3600 pounds
- Maximum Tongue Weight, dead weight hitch – 360 pounds
- Maximum Trailer Weight, weight distributing hitch – 3600
- Maximum Tongue Weight, weight distributing hitch – 360.
Electrical and weight specs
- Cold Cranking Amps – 0° F 730
- Maximum Alternator Capacity – 160 amps.
- Base Curb Weight – 4483 pounds.
Brake and wheel specs
- Brake Type- 4-Wheel Disc
- Anti-Lock-Braking System – 4-Wheel
- Front Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness – 11.9 inches.
- Rear Brake Rotors, diameter x thickness – 12 inches.
- Rear Wheel Size – 17 X 6.5 inches.
- Rear Wheel Material – Aluminum
- Front Wheel Size – 17 X 6.5 inches.
- Front Wheel Material – Aluminum.
Steering and suspension specs
- Steering Type – Rack-Pinion
- Turning Diameter / Radius, curb to curb – 39.1 feet
- Front Suspension Type – Strut
- Rear Suspension Type – Torsion Beam.
Dodge Caravan’s unique features
While those were some of the specs for the Dodge Caravan, this vehicle also has some incredible features. These features were designed to satisfy the traveling experience in this vehicle. Here are some of the unique features of the Dodge Caravan.
- Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Hydraulic Power-Assist Steering
- 20 Gal. Fuel Tank
- Single Stainless Steel Exhaust
- Strut Front Suspension with Coil Springs
- Torsion Beam Rear Suspension with Coil Springs
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes with 4-Wheel ABS
- Front Vented Discs.
- Brake assist and hill hold control.
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine Oil Cooler
- 730 CCA Maintenance-Free Battery with run-down protection
- 160 Amp Alternator
- Towing Equipment and Trailer Sway Control
- Gas-Pressurized Shock Absorbers
- Engine: 3.6L V6 24V VVT
- Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 62TE
- 3.16 Axle Ratio
- Touring Suspension
- GVWR: 6,050 lbs.
- Federal Emissions
- Transmission with Driver Selectable Mode
- Autostick Sequential Shift Control and Oil Cooler.
Those were most of the specifications and the unique features of the Dodge Caravan. With various models to choose from, the Dodge Caravan became one of the best vehicles in the market. The Dodge Caravan can also be used for towing since it has a decent towing capacity. Overall, the Dodge Caravan is an ultimate vehicle that is well suited for a family.
The key features and powerful engine makes this vehicle one of a kind. The Dodger Caravan has several satisfied owners and many of them continue to maintain their vehicle. This vehicle was constructed for easy and comfortable driving. If you plan on removing the front seat of a Dodge Caravan, be sure to follow the steps mentioned in this blog.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to remove the front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan?” We have discussed the steps to remove a front passenger seat in a Dodge Caravan. We have also listed the specifications of the Dodger Caravan. Additionally, we have discussed the unique features of this vehicle.