How to install blinds in an RV?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to install blinds in an RV?” We will discuss the steps to install blinds in an RV from scratch. We will talk about the necessary hardware and a few important tips to consider. At the end of this post, you will learn to install blinds in an RV in less than a day.
How to install blinds in an RV?
To install blinds in an RV, you must follow the steps described below.
- Measure the area
- Select the blinds
- Remove the existing coverings
- Install the mounting brackets
- Install the blinds
- Test the blinds
Measure the area
- To install blinds in an RV, you will first need to measure the area where you plan on installing the blinds. RV blinds are usually installed on windows but you can choose to install blinds anywhere you please. This is an easy DIY project that can be completed in less than a day.
- With the help of a measuring tape, start measuring the windows or the place where you plan on installing the blinds. Remember, you must measure the width and the height to determine the size of the RV blinds.
- Note down the measurements and ensure that they are accurate. It is essential to consider an extra inch from the usual blinds.
Select the blinds
- Next, you must select the blinds based on the dimensions. Remember, the dimensions or the size of the blinds can vary according to your preference. However, try to find blinds that suit your requirement.
- There are plenty of options when it comes to purchasing blinds. You can opt for blinds online since they arrive at a decent price.
- Choose a color that matches your RV. Ensure that the RV blinds look neat and are made up of top-quality material. There are a few types of fabric when it comes to selecting RV blinds, choose a fabric that is strong enough.
- It is also essential to get the right tools and materials for this project. You must have a screwdriver, a measuring tape, a pencil or marker, mounting brackets for RV blinds, a level, screws, etc. Wear safety gear while working on this project.
Remove the existing coverings
- Next, you must remove the existing coverings on the RV window. Get rid of the existing coverings if there are any. Some RVs have curtains while some have blinds. Remove the existing coverings and clean the area before moving on to the next step.
- With the help of a screwdriver, you must get rid of the mounting brackets or other hardware if there are any. Remove all the hardware or other obstacles to make the installation process easy.
Install the mounting brackets
- Once you have the existing coverings removed, you need to go ahead and install the mounting brackets. The mounting brackets arrive with the RV blinds along with the other necessary hardware for installation. In case you do not find the mounting brackets, you must purchase one that matches the RV blinds.
- This task requires accuracy and it is essential to use a level to install the mounting brackets. Hold the mounting brackets on the top corners of the window frame. Make the holes where you need to place the score with the pencil.
- Ensure that the brackets are level. You will be required to use a drill to drill a couple of holes before installing the mounting brackets.
- Use the drill and drill holes in the marked locations. With the help of the provided screws and screwdriver, you can start installing the mounting brackets. Double-check to see if the mounting brackets are secure.
Install the blinds
- Once you have the mounting brackets up, you need to insert the head rail onto the brackets. Ensure that the headrail is secure onto the mounting brackets. Depending on the type of blinds, you will be required to make the adjustments.
- Ensure that the blinds are secure and make the necessary adjustments. Some blinds need to be snapped into place. Use screws to secure these blinds and follow the manufacturer’s instructions if there are any.
Test the blinds
- Finally, it’s time to test the blinds. Test to see if the blinds are functioning properly. Pull the blinds up and down and make sure that they are moving smoothly. It is also important to make the required adjustments on the brackets if necessary.
- The most important part is to see if the blinds are level and aligned properly. Repeat the process for each window. It is also recommended to get help from another person while checking the alignment. You can also opt for cordless blinds. Be cautious while applying pressure and avoid damaging the window frame or walls.
The most important part is to use safety gear while working on this project. Use caution while working with tools and wear safety glasses and gloves when working on this project. Avoid parking your RV on uneven ground. It is recommended to use leveling blocks or jacks to ensure that you have a stable work environment.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to install blinds in an RV?” We have discussed the steps to install blinds in an RV from scratch. We have talked about the necessary hardware and a few important tips to consider. What type of blinds do you plan on installing in your RV? Let us know in the comments below.