How to hang curtains in a Skoolie?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to hang curtains in a Skoolie?” We will describe the steps to hang curtains in a Skoolie. We will also list the perks of having curtains in a Skoolie. Additionally, we will talk about a few tips to purchase curtains for a Skoolie. At the end of this post, you will get to know the process of hanging curtains in a Skoolie.
How to hang curtains in a Skoolie?
To hang curtains in a Skoolie, you will need to follow these simple steps listed below.
- Clean the windows and surroundings
- Take measurements of the windows
- Purchase the materials
- Cut the fabric
- Attach curtain rods
- Use thumb tacks to fix the curtains
Clean the windows and surroundings
- The first step is to clean the windows and surroundings. Your window frame and the area above the windows in your Skoolie must be clean.
- Remove dirt and any other unnecessary hooks or items that are surrounding the windows.
- If there is any damage near the windows, be sure to get them restored.
- If you plan of hanging curtains for the door of the Skoolie, you can follow the same process.
Take measurements of the windows
- The most crucial part is taking measurements of the windows. The measurements need to be accurate before installing the curtains.
- Measure the length and width of the window and add four inches of extra length and four inches of extra width.
- Once you have the measurements in place, you will need to purchase the required materials.
Purchase the materials
- You will need to purchase a few materials to get the curtains up. First, you will need to purchase the curtain rods based on the measurements you have taken.
- The curtain rods should be a minimum of four inches longer than the length of the window. Apart from the curtain rods, you will need to purchase the curtain material.
- You can either purchase customizable curtains or you can even opt for readymade curtains that will match your Skoolie window size.
- You can also purchase the fabric separately and make the curtains on your own if required.
Cut the fabric
- If you are purchasing the fabric separately, you will need to measure it and cut it accordingly.
- Be sure to cut the fabric to the proper length and leave a couple of extra inches at the top and the bottom.
- If you have purchased customized or readymade curtains, then there is no need to cut the fabric. However, just be sure that they are the right size.
Attach curtain rods
- You will need to purchase the curtain rods and make sure that they are longer than the width of the window.
- While attaching the rods, be sure to attach them two or three inches above the window frame.
- You will need to use the clamps that come along with the curtain rods that you have purchased.
- Fix the clamps with the screws that are provided by using a drill. Be sure to wear safety equipment like gloves and glasses.
Use thumb tacks to fix the curtains
You can also use thumb tracks as another alternative. Using thumb tacks is a big advantage since you can use all types of fabric. However, if your curtains arrive with rings, you can just treadle them through the curtain rods. You can also attach loops to the top of the curtains and stitch them to the material to be attached to the rod.
Hanging curtains in a Skoolie is easy once you have the measurements and the right material. This is an easy task and it can be done by one person. You just need to be careful while fixing the curtain rods. The make your work easy, mark the location where the curtain rods need to be installed. That way, you will not go wrong while fixing the rods.
Perks of hanging curtains in a Skoolie
There is no doubt that there are several perks of hanging curtains in a Skoolie. Here are some of the benefits described below.
Keeps you cool in summer
- The biggest advantage of hanging curtains in a Skoolie is that it will keep you cool in summer. Curtains can cut out the heat from the sun and prevent it from entering the bus. Curtains can also act as insulation to keep you warm.
Keeps you warm in winter
- Curtains also work the other way around as they can keep you warm in winter. It can block the cold from entering the Skoolie and also drop the temperature a little on the inside.
It gives you privacy
- Curtains will also give you privacy and people will not be able to see what is going on inside your Skoolie. Most people love to have curtains installed into their Skoolie or RVs. Curtains will also give your Skoolie a good appearance.
Block wind and dust
- You cannot keep your Skoolie windows closed all the time to prevent dust. However, if you have curtains, you can keep your windows open and the curtains closed. This way you can still keep the dust and wind from entering and also have a bit of fresh air circulation inside. You can also opt for insulated curtains if necessary.
Tips to purchase curtains for a Skoolie
While purchasing curtains for a Skoolie there are a few things to look into. These simple tips will help you in the long run and also make your Skoolie look great. Here are a few tips that you can consider when purchasing curtains for a Skoolie.
Choose the right fabric
- Choosing the right fabric is essential and most people forget to look into parts. The right fabric should not only look good, but it should also be easier to wash.
- The thickness of the material is also important. If you want to have curtains that blot out the sunlight, it is always better to get blackout curtains that are made of thick polyester.
- Consider how much light you want coming in from your windows and purchase your curtains accordingly.
- If you need more light, then you might want to opt for thin curtains and light.
Choose the right pattern
- Getting an attractive pattern is going to make your Skoolie look good. The curtains in your Skoolie can add to the interior beauty. Be sure to get a pattern that is good to look at and will match the interior of the Skoolie.
Get the right color
- Getting the right color plays a vital role when it comes to purchasing curtains for a Skoolie. It is important to get a color that will match the walls and the other items that are inside the Skoolie.
- Just like the pattern, the color is also important. Darker shades will prevent light and lighter shades will allow more light.
- You can also use a combination of both dark and light curtains on the inside of the Skoolie.
Purchase RV-friendly curtains
Another good idea is to purchase RV-friendly curtains. There are plenty of curtains that are designed for RVs. These curtains are designed specifically for RVs and they will be a perfect match for Skoolies. The last option can be to use normal curtains that you use at home. Hanging curtains in a Skoolie is not a hard task.
You can get this done with ease and you can even customize or make your curtains. The only thing that you will need is to have a proper curtain rod that is fixed property. While hanging the curtains, be sure to keep them hanging below the window frame. If you find them hard to install, you can always get help from a family member.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to hang curtains in a Skoolie?” We have described the steps to hang curtains in a Skoolie. We have also listed the perks of having curtains in a Skoolie. Additionally, we have talked about a few tips to purchase curtains for a Skoolie.