How to convert a Honda pilot into a camper?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to convert a Honda pilot into a camper?” we will discuss the steps of converting a Honda pilot into a camper along with the towing capacity and off-road capabilities. We will talk about fixing a bed and setting up the kitchen. In addition, we will discuss the features and specifications of the honda pilot.
How to convert a Honda pilot into a camper?
Converting a Honda pilot into a camper is easy if you are equipped with the right material. The Honda Pilot is a mid-sized SUV that can be converted into an excellent camper. While the space might be a little limited, the Honda Pilot is still spacious enough for two people. Camping over the weekend can never be easier with this SUV.
The Honda Pilot is an adventurous vehicle that can be a good fit for off-road and on-road capabilities. There is enough room to store all your camping gear and it also has a decent towing capacity. The latest Honda pilot has an incredible towing capacity and each trim level has some of the best features to match your needs.
Honda pilot camper conversion
The best part of the Honda Pilot is the seating capacity as the latest model can comfortably accommodate up to eight people. Converting a Honda camper has amazing benefits and the best benefit is that you can have a six feet bed installed along with a two feet kitchen. The conversion process can be done by removing the rear seats.
Fixing a bed
The Honda pilot has two rows of seats at the back that can be folded down. If you are planning on fixing a six feet bed, you still have the option of removing the seats completely. However, another good news is that you do not need to assemble a structure to place a bed since these seats can still be used. Once folded down, these seats are sturdy and smooth without any bumps.
There is no need to fix any wooden frame or steel frame to assemble a bed. A six feet bed is the best option for a Honda Pilot. Going more than six feet might be a hassle and it could take away the extra kitchen space. Be sure to purchase a bed that is somewhere from six feet or below. The Honda pilot can be turned into a spacious camper if planned in the right manner.
Setting up the kitchen
When it comes to the kitchen, it is pretty obvious that you cannot cook inside this camper. The two feet space is used only for storing all the kitchen amenities. There is just enough space at the rear to stock up on utensils and other stuff. You can carry the kitchen along with you and it can be used outdoors. The kitchen, bed, and storage are one of the main requirements.
Steps for converting a Honda pilot into a camper
Before converting a Honda into a camper there are a few steps that need to be followed. You will need to purchase a few things and follow these few simple steps to successfully convert a camper. These steps are pretty simple if you have the right equipment and the right ideas. Here is what you need to convert a Honda pilot camper.
Creating a layout
Before starting, the first and most important thing is to create a layout. Only after creating a layout, you will be able to understand the measurements and the space of the vehicle. The layout should include space for all the things that are required. Be sure to consider all the important things that are needed. Here are some of the most basic requirements listed below.
- A platform for the bed.
- Ceiling fan for extreme summers.
- Portable heater if camping in winter.
- Kitchen storage for food and utensils.
- Storage for clothing, food, and travel gear.
- Space for a small fridge if required.
- Solar shower on the exterior.
Based on these requirements, you can create a layout. Ensure to have some space kept for a battery. Take the right measurements of the interiors and remember to keep enough space for the mattress and fridge. Once you have the layout design, you can go ahead with the process and start converting the Honda pilot into a camper.
Installing a house battery
- You will require a powerful battery to run all the appliances in the camper.
- A house battery is recommended for this camper van.
- The battery can be used for the small fridge and a few other appliances if needed.
- Be sure to keep your battery charged at all times before heading out.
- Make sure you have a base to place the battery. This can be a wooden base or a steel plate.
Installing the fridge
- Installing the fridge is probably easy because you cannot have a huge fridge.
- A 12V fridge should be enough to get the job done.
- You can store the fridge in a safe and secure place.
- One of the best options is to store the fridge under the bed.
- Just be sure that the fridge is secured properly to the floor of the vehicle.
Installing the fan
- Installing the fan is easy as you need to attach it to the roof.
- Purchase a compact fan that can be installed on the roof. A large fan will not be required.
- You might need to create an opening at the top of the roof to get the fan fixed.
- A fan is essential for a Honda pilot, especially if you are camping out during summer.
Installing a Solar Shower
- Installing a solar shower is always a good option and there will be no need to depend on other sources.
- Purchase a solar panel that can be fixed on the roof of the camper.
- You will need a small tank to store some water and hire an expert to get the connection installed.
- A solar shower is always a good option to have on your camping trips.
Fixing all these amenities is going to keep your camper packed. Adding more amenities is going to be challenging in this space. The Honda pilot can be converted into a camper with ease if you have the right material. Just be sure to design the layout properly before planning on converting it into a camper.
Towing capacity and off-road capabilities
The latest Honda model has an incredible towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. The previous models have a lesser towing capacity but they are still good enough for towing. Although this is not entirely an off-road vehicle, it has some strong off-road capabilities. The Honda Pilot is reliable and comes with a high safety rating.
Honda pilot 2022 features and specifications
The Honda Pilot has the same V6 engine for all their variations. It has a displacement of 3471 ccs and a horsepower of 280 @ 6000 rpm. The torque for the 2022 models is 262 lb-ft @ 4,700 rpm. The Bore and stroke are 89 mm x 93 mm. The Honda has a 9-speed shiftable automatic transmission with a solid total seating capacity of eight members. Here are some of the key features.
- 3,500 pounds max towing capacity.
- Four-wheel ABS.
- Rear center 3-point belt.
- Rear door child safety locks.
- Ventilated front disc and rear disc brakes.
- Turn signal mirrors.
- Traction control.
- Tire pressure monitoring.
- Remote anti-theft alarm system.
- Post-collision safety system.
- Stability control.
- Engine immobilizer.
- Dual front-side mounted airbags.
- Dusk-sensing headlamps.
The safety features of this vehicle are incredible and reliable. The powerful engine is good for towing and the overall rating for the Honda pilot has been at the top. This versatile vehicle can be used as a camper and as a towing vehicle. It is also one of the best mid-sized SUVs for a large family. The Honda Pilot is also affordable and easy to maneuver.
In this blog post, we answered the question “How to convert a Honda pilot into a camper?” We have discussed the steps of converting a Honda pilot into a camper. We have also talked about fixing a bed and setting up the kitchen. In addition, we have discussed the features and specifications of the honda pilot.