How to convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan?” We will discuss the steps in detail to successfully convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan. We will touch upon the essentials and all the basic requirements, including the power options for off-grid camping.
How to convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan?
To convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan, you need to follow the steps described below.
- Remove the rear seats
- Remove the carpet
- Clean the area
- Measure the area
- Design a layout
- Build a wooden flooring
- Install a bed with storage options
- Install a freshwater tank
- Install a portable fridge
- Add storage shelves
- Add a portable butane stove
- Get a portable table
- Add a portable sink
- Add pantry drawers
- Install solar panels
Remove the rear seats
- The first step is to remove the rear seats in the Chrysler Pacifica. The Chrysler Pacifica has minimal space but you can use this space to your advantage by removing all the rear seats. Keep the driver’s seat and the front passenger seat and remove the rest.
Remove the carpet
- Next, you need to remove the carpet on the floor since you will be required to make several changes and add a wooden floor.
Clean the area
- Clean the area thoroughly after removing the carpet and make sure that there are no other obstacles around at the rear. Now, you will have enough space at the back to convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan.
Measure the area
- Next, you must measure the area to help design a layout. Measure the length, width, and height of the vehicle and note down the measurements without fail.
Design a layout
- Based on the measurements, you will need to design a layout for the campervan. Keep your priorities first and make sure to keep space for all the essentials. A bed is important for a campervan and you will be required to keep enough space for a small bed. While designing the layout, you will also need to keep space for the refrigerator, inverter, and battery.
Build a wooden flooring
- With the help of adhesive, you will need to build wooden flooring. Cut around five 2 by 4s according to the length of the vehicle and cut another five according to the width.
- Place the horizontal 2 by 4s first and secure them to the floor with adhesive. Next, you need to place the vertical 2 by 4s over the horizontal ones. You can use adhesive or nails to secure them.
- Cut plywood in the form of wooden panels based on length and width. You can cut the plywood into two or three parts and fix them to the vertical 2 by 4s with the help of screws.
Install a bed with storage options
- The next step is to install a bed with drawers. Build a frame according to the measurements of the length and width of the bed that you require. Try to keep it small and keep enough room for the other essentials.
- Use the 2 by 4s to build a bed frame that will appear like a rectangular box. Consider the height of the bed and assemble the 2 by 4s to get the right shape and measurement.
- Cut pieces of plywood to fix them over the frame covering the open area. Do this for the top and sides by securing them to the frame with screws. Make sure that they are cut according to the right measurements.
- For the front part, you will need to cut plywood to the same dimensions to cover the open area. However, you will need to add hinges to the plywood and fix them to the front of the frame. Add a small latch at the bottom and this provides enough space under the bed for storage.
- Add a customized foam mattress onto the bed and add some cushions to lean behind.
Install a freshwater tank
- Freshwater is important for a campervan and you will be required to install a 10-gallon freshwater tank. Fix a battery-powered water pump to help you get the freshwater out. You can store the fresh water tank on the floor in a corner of the campervan. Connect the water pump to the freshwater tank.
Install a portable fridge
- Install a portable fridge on the campervan floor. There are plenty of portable fridge options that are perfect for campervans. These are not too expensive and they serve the purpose well.
Add storage shelves
- You can either make the storage shelves with plywood according to your measurements, or you can buy some cheap storage shelves online that are perfectly made for campervans. Use these storage shelves to store all your groceries and kitchen utensils.
Add a portable butane stove
- Since space is limited in the Chrysler Pacifica, you will be required to add a portable butane stove. This is one of the best options as you can take your cooking outside without any hassle. It also advised not to cook inside the Chrysler Pacifica.
Get a portable table
- A portable table is good enough to provide enough space for having your meals and preparing your lunch. You can also use this table as your workstation and use the bed as the sitting area.
Add a portable sink
- A portable sink should be good enough to complete the kitchen area for your campervan. Place the sink under the water pump and you should be good to go.
Add pantry drawers
- Add enough pantry drawers to store all the small items that you will be using while camping. You can also use these drawers to store all your spoons, forks, cutting boards, cups, and plates.
Install solar panels
- You will need solar panels to power up your campervan. Solar panels are one of the best options since you do not need to depend on shore power. It is also perfect for off-grid camping.
- Install the solar panels on the roof of the Chrysler Pacifica. A 400-watt solar panel should be good enough to keep you powered. Connect the solar panels to the inverter and the battery. You might need to have a decent battery to store all the solar power.
You can also add an external shower if necessary and a portable cassette toilet. Try to keep it as minimal as possible and install small items like the above-mention list. These items do not consume too much space. Make sure to design the layout properly when converting a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan?” We have discussed the steps in detail to successfully convert a Chrysler Pacifica into a campervan. We have touched upon the essentials and all the basic requirements including the power options for off-grid camping.