How to build a hybrid tiny house RV?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How to build a hybrid tiny house RV?” We will discuss the steps to build a hybrid tiny house RV from scratch. We will touch upon the basics and the essentials that are required. We will also talk about the important factors that need to be considered for this project.
How to build a hybrid tiny house RV?
To build a hybrid tiny house RV, you need to follow the steps described below.
- Create a plan based on the requirements
- Select a suitable base
- Get the necessary permits
- Build the frame and the shell
- Build the interiors
- Install solar power
- Add the plumbing
- Install the amenities
- Install the lighting
- Add safety features
Create a plan based on the requirements
- The first step is to create a plan before building a hybrid tiny house RV. Develop a plan based on the requirements. Keep in mind the number of people that plan on traveling in the RV. It is also important to consider how often you travel.
- Consider the essentials and all the basic requirements for comfortable camping. Make a note of all the amenities that you will be using. Make sure to consider the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen requirements. Keep enough space for storage.
- If possible, design the plan or draw it on paper. There should be enough space for the bedroom and kitchen area. Consider other options like a shower, etc. Make a note of the power source, cooking source, etc. This is the most important step; be sure to take time to add all that is needed.
Select a suitable base
- The next step is to select a suitable base for the hybrid tiny house RV. Once again, this is based on the requirements. If you want more amenities and features, a larger vehicle will be required. The easiest way to go ahead with this step is by selecting a suitable RV chassis or trailer.
- Since this is a hybrid tiny house RV, there are plenty of options available. Make sure to consider a few important factors when selecting a suitable base. Look into the towing requirements, the strength of the chassis, weight capacity, structural integrity, etc.
- Another option is to consider getting a trailer that can be towed. However, it is always better to purchase an RV chassis. There are plenty of options available like the Spartan RV chassis.
- Be sure to get one according to the required size. The RV chassis is built and ready to go. All you need to do is build a hybrid tiny house on the chassis.
- Some camper enthusiasts have purchased a used RV chassis and built a hybrid tiny house. There are various options to consider when it comes to purchasing an RV chassis.
Get the necessary permits
- The most important step is to get the necessary permits to build a hybrid tiny house RV. Be sure to obtain all the legal requirements and make sure that the structure complies with the local regulations for RVs and tiny hybrid houses.
- Double-check the requirements and ensure to have the licenses, permits, and certifications to complete this project successfully.
Build the frame and the shell
- Once you have all the necessities sorted out, it’s time to build the frame and the shell. Consider the types of materials that you plan on using for the frame and the shell.
- When it comes to the frame, it is always advised to use steel or any other alternative that is similar to steel. Aluminum panels can be used to fill up the gaps in the frame.
- Building a frame can be a hard task and it will require supervision and help from a professional unless you are an experienced person to work on the project alone. Wood can also be another option but it has to be covered with the outer structure properly.
- Determine the height, width, and length of the frame. Do not go overboard with the height and be sure to stick to the local regulations while building the frame. Construct a frame in the shape of a rectangular box and ensure that it is seated correctly on the chassis. Be sure to secure the frame properly by welding it to the chassis.
- Next, you will be required to build the shell. With the frame complete, it is easy to build the shell. Use wooden panels for the inside and add aluminum sheets for the exteriors. Plywood panels should be good enough to secure the walls.
- Be sure to frame the walls properly and add insulation properties in between the wooden panels and the aluminum sheets. A weatherproof exterior is also one of the best options to consider for better protection.
- Follow the same process for the ceiling and make sure to have thick plywood sheets for the floor. You can also add vinyl over the wooden floor or carpet area to provide a rich appearance.
Build the interiors
- The interiors of the hybrid house RV are important. This is a crucial part since the interiors need to be built with top-quality materials. When it comes to the interiors, be sure to plan every part and work accordingly.
- Start by building the interiors of the bedroom. Keep the essentials in mind and start the process. Build a bed with storage compartments below. A wooden bed is the best option. Make sure to have enough storage shelves in the bedroom along with a couple of compact wardrobes if there is enough space.
- Stick to the basics and the essentials. Try not to go overboard with extra items. For the kitchen, construct a basic countertop that is made of wood. Install a two-burner stove and a sink. Keep enough space for the gray, black, and white water tanks. Install a couple of propane cans in a safe area.
- When working on the bathroom, make sure to install a compatible toilet with a shower. A tiny hybrid RV house must have a comfortable bathroom.
Install solar power
- Having a source of power is the most important part to power up all the appliances. Install solar panels on the roof of the RV with an inverter and a battery. A 400-watt solar panel should be good enough to keep you up and running.
Add the plumbing
- The plumbing is crucial since the toilet needs to be connected to the black water tank. Make sure that the sink and the shower are connected to the gray water tank. Install the health faucet, shower, taps, etc. Make sure the pipes are connected properly and ensure that there are no leaks.
Install the amenities
- The next step is to install all the required amenities. A refrigerator is important to store all the food while camping. A small microwave and a mixer/blender are some of the other options. Make a list of all the amenities that are required while camping.
Install the lighting
- Lighting in a hybrid tiny house RV is also crucial. Connect all the lights to the solar panel and add a couple of extra lights on the inside. Decorate the vehicle and customize it according to your liking.
Add safety features
- Safety features like smoke detectors and fire extinguishers cannot be compromised. Ensure that the doors and windows have proper safety locks as well. These are important factors that must be considered.
Finally, it is important to paint, decorate, and make the hybrid tiny house RV look amazing. Choose rich colors and enhance the overall appearance. Make your hybrid tiny house RV feel like home. Interior decors, lighting fixtures, window coverings, and some of the tiny items that must be added to this project.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How to build a hybrid tiny house RV?” We have discussed the steps to build a hybrid tiny house RV from scratch. We have touched upon the basics and the essentials that are required. We have also talked about the important factors that need to be considered for this project.