How much electricity does an 18000 BTU air conditioner use?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How much electricity does an 18000 BTU air conditioner use?” We will also discuss the amperage and cooling area of 18000 BTU air conditioners. Additionally, we will describe the best 18000 BTU air conditioners for RVs and motorhomes.
How much electricity does an 18000 BTU air conditioner use?
An 18000 BTU air conditioner consumes around 1,500 to 2,250 watts. The wattage of the air conditioner is higher when turned on. All air conditioners consume extra power when turned on in an RV or motorhome. The power is calculated by multiplying the number of Ampers along with the number of volts.
It is important to know the amount of electricity that is consumed in your RV. You will need to divide the BTU by EER (energy efficiency rating) ranting to get the approximate calculation of the electric consumption. You will need to take the BTU number and divide it by 10 to get the estimate of the electric consumption.
18000 BTU air conditioner amperage
An 18000 BTU air conditioner can pull between 13 to 20 amps approximately. This depends on the speed of the fan and the cooling temperature. Note that the amperage rating is for portable, window, and split versions of air conditioners. You will need to use the BTUs divided by watts to get the right amperage of the air conditioner.
18000 BTU air conditioner cooling area
- An 18000 BTU air conditioner has a large cooling area and these air conditioners are used mainly in huge rigs. The average room rating for an 18000 BTU air conditioner is 700 to 1000 square feet.
- The good news is that an 18000 BTU air conditioner can easily cool every part of an RV since it has enough power.
- While the coverage does depend on the floor plan, an 18000 BTU air conditioner still has the potential to keep the walls of every room cool. However, some areas might need a fan to spread the cool air around. The largest RV air conditioner is the RecPro 12V air conditioner which has a capacity of 20000 BTUs.
Best 18000 BTU air conditioners for RVs and motorhomes
18000 BTU air conditioners are more common than we know and there are several options available for RVs and motorhomes. Most of the latest rigs that are huge come equipped with an 18000 BTU air conditioner for effective cooling. Here are some of the best 18000 BTU air conditioners for RVs and motorhomes described below.
LG 18000 BTU 230 V
- The LG 230 V is one of the best 18000 BTU air conditioners on the list. This air conditioner has great features and it is built to cool down rooms up to 1000 square feet with ease. Once you get this air conditioner up and running, it should be able to keep to entire RV cool.
- This air conditioner arrives with an inverter and it is one of those energy-efficient models. It is 25 percent more energy-efficient and is built to deliver incredible cooling power.
Amana AMAP 180 BW
- This air conditioner is a heavy-duty model that is built to withstand extreme climatic conditions. Despite the strong material, the Amana AMAP 180 BW is designed for easy installation. There is no need to worry about the installation and this is one of those top-quality air conditioners that is specifically built for RVs and motorhomes.
- This air conditioner has a universal window frame kit and it can be attached to your RV window with ease. Be it horizontal, vertical, or sliding windows, you can still attach this model in just a few minutes. It also arrives with three fan speeds to adjust it accordingly.
OLMO mini split AC
- The OLMO mini split AC is built to save energy and it is one of those silent air conditioners even while working at full power. You can easily run this air conditioner at night and there is no need to worry about disturbing your sleep.
- The best part of the OLMO air conditioner is that it is a mini split AC and it does not consume too much space. It is easy to operate and the remote control facility makes it easy to set the fan speed. It also arrives and an affordable price.
- The Frigidaire is a smart air conditioner model that arrives with a slide-out chassis. The major benefit of this air conditioner is that you get to connect it with the application and operate it at the convenience of your smartphone.
- You can easily change temperatures, control modes, create custom schedules, fan speeds, and more. It is easy to install and it is an energy star certified model.
Keystone 230 V
- The Keystone 18000 BTU air conditioner is quick to cook and is a window air conditioner that can cool up to 1000 square feet with ease. It has temperature sensing with a built-in thermostat.
- The remote control makes this easy to access and it is one of the best energy star-rated cooling systems. The Keystone 230 V air conditioner has a unique follow-me remote control feature, energy saver mode, and sleep mode. The auto restart is another added advantage.
Energy Star 230 V
- Energy Star has all types of air conditioners from 5000 BTUs to 25000 BTUs. This air conditioner can cool up to 1000 square feet with 5.2 pints of dehumidification.
- It has a few unique features like the LED digital display, auto function, and timer. It has an intelligent memory function and there are four modes including the energy saver, cool mode, fan-only mode, and dry mode.
- The Energy Star is easy to install as it arrives with a quick and effective window mounting kit. It can also be installed on dual-pane windows.
Those were some of the best 18000 BTU air conditioners that are a perfect fit for RVs or motorhomes. These air conditioners can also be used at home and they are effective with their cooling technique. They are also energy-efficient air conditioners and are convenient to install. The price range for these air conditioners is also decent.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How much electricity does an 18000 BTU air conditioner use?” We have also discussed the amperage and cooling area of 18000 BTU air conditioners. Additionally, we have described the best 18000 BTU air conditioners for RVs and motorhomes.