In today’s article, we will discuss: How much does it cost to store a caravan in the UK? We will explain how much is it to store a caravan in the UK depending on the location, caravan length and storage type. We will also give you a few essential tips for storing a caravan long-term.
How much does it cost to store a caravan in the UK?
This is how much it cost to store a caravan in the UK:
Name of Site
|Edinburgh||Scotish Caravan Storage||£551.40 Year|
|Glasgow||Glasgow Caravan Storage||£525.00 Year|
|Belfast||Shanogue House Caravan Storage||£300.00 Year|
|Newcastle||Moorside Lodge Caravan Storage||£300.00 Year|
|Manchester||Carrington Caravan Storage||£544 to £800 Year|
|Nottingham||MR & RK Blant||£365.00 Year|
|Birmingham||Halesowen Caravan Centre||£600.00 Year|
|Cardif||Llandow Caravan Park & Storage||£420 to £480|
|London||Wolfe Caravan/Motorhome Storage||£1224.00 Year|
|Bristol||Mapleridge Caravan Storage||£396.00 Year|
|Peterborough||Garth Caravan Storage||£190.00 Year|
|Plymouth||Fry’s Caravan Storage||£450 to £480|
Costs to store a caravan in the UK depending on the storage type
Storing a caravan inside buildings with a concrete floor:
|Annual rate||Caravan Length|
|£330||from 6 to 6.99 m|
|£420||from 7 to 7.49 m|
|£470||over 7.5 m|
Large indoor pitches (8 mx 3.5 m) are reserved for vehicles over 6 m; vehicles of smaller size are admitted if they agree to pay this minimum price.
The lengths taken into account are “overall” (caravan with drawbar, motorhome with possible bike or motorcycle carrier, etc.)
Storing a caravan outside, under sheet metal shelter on three sides but open to the front, concrete floor
|Annual rate||Caravan Length|
|£130||Less than 3.99 m|
|£190||From 4 to 6 m|
For any motorhome contract, the owners’ car can park on its site while they are using the motorhome.
Storing a caravan outside on clay or gravel area
|Annual rate||Caravan Length|
|£80||Less 3.99 m|
|£100||From 4 to 5.99 m|
|£140||From 6 to 6.99 m|
|£160||From 7 to 7.49 m|
|£180||Over 7.5 m|
Terms & Conditions:
– Unmanned vehicle, without water and electricity supply (optional).
– There are no longer contracts of less than 12 months.
– For annual contracts, a set of keys is provided, after a deposit.
– All vehicles must be insured by their owner.
Other questions you may be interested in
The price of wintering a caravan in a security centre
The price of wintering a motorhome in a professional security centre varies according to the services offered. Some security centres offer in addition to the location:
- cleaning the caravan;
- a mechanical overhaul of the engine;
- insurance in the event of theft or damage caused by a natural disaster;
- a video surveillance system, etc.
The average rental price for a covered location for a motorhome in a professional security centre is £550 per year.
The must-dos before storing a caravan long term
Here are the must-do-s before storing a caravan long-term:
- Empty the water tanks: Drain and clean the two tanks (clean water and wastewater).
- Keep the water pump warm: Take it apart and store it in a warm place.
- Disinfect the toilets: It will be necessary to disinfect the tank (always with bleach), then rinse it.
- Clean the refrigerator: You can clean your refrigerator with vinegar or bleach and wipe it down with a clean cloth.
- Empty and clean the cupboards: It is essential to completely empty and clean the cupboards.
- Lift up the cushions and undo the beds: Air circulates with difficulty around mattresses and cushions.
- Release the blinds: We also recommend that you open the panoramic skylights slightly to prevent the joints from sticking together after a long period of disuse.
- Wash the exterior of the caravan: Wash the body of your vehicle with a high-pressure jet. When it is dry, use a detergent and a soft brush to loosen the encrusted dirt, rinse quickly before the product dries.
- Protect the seals: The seals do not tolerate temperature variations and hate the cold. It is, therefore, necessary to remember to grease them after a long period of inactivity in order to avoid possible cracks.
Winterizing is also the time to check the attachments of your outdoor accessories such as a top-box, an antenna, a ladder, a bike rack, etc. Allow your vehicle for a short 30 km ride (once a month is perfect!) To prevent the joints from drying out and oiling the engine parts.
Make sure you cover your caravan during winter storage
You should cover a caravan in winter with good quality, breathable and light caravan cover. A caravan with a protective cover can be safely stored inside and outside, no matter the season, but especially in winter.
A caravan cover has many advantages, but these are the most important ones:
- The caravan stays dry no matter the weather;
- The caravan is protected against dirt, dust and UV rays;
- The protective cover consists of several layers in order to protect the caravan as well as possible from any possible damage;
- A caravan kept well has a much higher resale price.
By covering the vehicle, you will have the satisfaction of finding it clean in the spring and you will only have to carry out small annual maintenance work before setting off again on the roads.
Moreover, an important factor to consider is the weather. If we park the caravan outdoors and the weather is cold, it is necessary to pay attention to issues such as water. It is advisable to empty all the tanks because in case of freezing the water occupies more volume and our pipes, the pump or taps can crack and even break.
If you do not have a caravan cover or don’t know how to prepare your caravan for winter, ask at the storage centre if there is someone that could help you with the entire process. I am sure they will be glad to help!
If you are in possession of a caravan, a motorhome or a camper van, or if you plan to acquire one soon, it is likely that you will not be able to inhabit it throughout the year, since the obligations and the work sometimes make it difficult for us to enjoy our vehicle as much as we would like.
That is why sometimes we are forced to park our vehicle for long periods of time waiting for a vacation period in which we can enjoy it as it should. We hope that our tips were of help and that you find the best storage type for your caravan.
If you have any comments, tips or questions about the content, do not hesitate to contact us.
FAQ on How much does it cost to store a caravan in the UK?
How much does caravan storage cost?
Caravan storage can cost between £350 to £900 a year, depending on several factors, such as the location of the storage, the size of the caravan, the level of security and any other extra charges (such as cleaning the caravan for example).
How much is secure caravan storage?
Secure caravan storage starts from £350 per year.
Where do you store a touring caravan?
You can store a touring caravan at your home if you have a garage, or you could look for either outdoor or indoor storage shelters.
Should I store my caravan water tanks empty or full?
You should store your caravan with empty water tanks. If you leave water in the tanks for a long period, your tank is likely to fill with viruses and bacteria that can affect health. To avoid this, you must know how to empty and clean the clean water tank of a caravan.