How much does a Toyota Tacoma Camper cost?
This article will answer the question “How much does a Toyota Tacoma Camper cost?” In addition to this, we will be covering the specificities of cab-high camper shells which can be a great addition for any avid camper. We will also be looking at some of the great features that are present in a Toyota Tacoma Camper.
How much does a Toyota Tacoma Camper cost?
The price of a Toyota Tacoma camper starts at around $285,000 and varies considerably depending on the model and features you choose. The better versions of the Tacoma can start at around $325,000, and there are even custom-built BCTs for sale for more than $100,000. There are also used campers for sale on the market that cost about $2,000 or less.
Cab-high camper shells
The Toyota Tacoma camper can be altered with a cab-high camper shell. Cab-high camper shells are built to a height that matches the cab of the truck. However, this style does not have the best fuel economy because the shell is higher than the truck’s cab. Here are a few points to remember when it comes to buying cab-high camper shells.
Cab-high shells are pretty cheap
- Cab-high shells are usually made of fiberglass, and the frame is made of metal material with fabric covering it. The high-rise shells are the most popular because they are the least expensive.
Get the right brand
- The best camper shells for Tacoma are made by reputable manufacturers, and there are many different types to choose from. One such popular brand is Leer, which makes a fiberglass cab-high shell. It is available with sliding windows, tinted glass windows, and screens.
Consider the space inside
- In addition, some Tacoma cab-high camper shells even have a sleeping area. This is a great option for families with kids. When you are on the market for a cab-high camper shell, you need to seriously consider the environment inside, especially if you are traveling with a group.
Add some racks to your roof
- If you are concerned that cab-high camper shells are too expensive for your budget, consider the cost of adding roof racks. Many Tacoma owners have adapted to this method.
- The advantage is that you get to customize the required size based on your preference. It is also advised to contact the manufacturer or the seller.
Set aside some cash for your camper shell
- A cab-high camper shell can cost up to $3,000, depending on the style. A basic aluminum utility shell may cost less than $1,000, while a custom-made fiberglass camper shell can cost you from $2,000 to $3,000, depending on the model and type.
- Purchasing a new shell is the best option for quality and color matching. It also helps to know how the shell fits tightly to the truck and if it is installed properly.
Check out all your options
- A cab-high camper shell is often expensive, and there are several reasons for this. The weight of a camper shell depends on the material and its finish. Aluminum camper shells are light and durable, while fiberglass campers are relatively strong and lightweight.
- A thin-walled economy model may not support a roof rack. You may want to consider a heavy-walled aluminum camper shell if you want more payload and a more secure base.
Use the camper shell in different ways
- Cab-high camper shells are very versatile and can be used as a camper if you want to use it as your primary vehicle. They provide ample storage and make it easier to access the stuff that sits on top of your vehicle.
Go commercial if you want more
- On the other hand, commercial toppers are designed for use by working individuals. These camper shells also tend to provide more options for optimizing tool storage, such as bigger back doors and flip-up side panels.
- Commercial camper shells are also expensive. A base Leer 100R camper shell costs around $1800, while a fully equipped Leer LHR XD shell costs about $3500.
- Depending on how you want your camper shell to look, you can spend as much as $2,000 on it. However, keep in mind that cab-high camper shells are not cheap.
Features of a Toyota Tacoma camper
There is no doubt that Toyota Tacoma campers are one of the best options for campers everywhere. These campers come packed with many great features, such as the ones listed as follows.
- If you are considering buying a new camper, you will want to know which Toyota Tacoma model is best for the job. Different models have different payload and towing capacities.
- A Toyota Tacoma has a payload capacity of between 1,050 and 1,685 pounds, which is enough to tow a few truck campers. This capacity is also sufficient to haul lumber and tools for a contractor.
- A Tacoma with this payload rating is capable of towing a camper of any size. While its payload rating depends on the truck’s engine configuration, you will need to check its range to determine how much you can tow.
Toyota Tacoma Timberleaf Classic
If you are looking for a high-quality truck camper that can carry all of the stuff you need to enjoy your vacation, the Timberleaf Classic is probably the best option. This camper has powerful tires and is designed for tough conditions. It has a fully equipped kitchen, ample storage space, and an entertainment center. With a dry weight of 900 pounds, this truck camper has the weight and strength to accommodate all of your gear.
Understanding the weight of your camper
- You will also need to consider the weight of your camper when determining the towing capacity of your Toyota Tacoma.
- Make sure you consider the weight of your camper with all the load and baggage.
- A fifth-wheel trailer can weigh about 2,000 pounds or more. Ensure to always keep that in mind when purchasing your camper.
- A Toyota Tacoma camper has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. You can also increase this capacity by buying a larger model. Toyota has two trim levels for the Tacoma, a 2.7L and a V6.
Additional features of the Toyota Tacoma
- The double-cab has more passengers, but only a single-cab model offers an extra 100 pounds of payload. Towing at the manufacturer’s maximum towing capacity is dangerous.
- The Toyota Tacoma is equipped with a standard backup camera and optional panoramic monitor. This feature provides a 360-degree view that can assist drivers in maneuvering around parking lots or avoiding obstacles on the road.
- It has an upgraded JBL sound system with six high-end speakers and a subwoofer for enhanced bass response. The stereo also has Bluetooth connectivity. This makes it easy to keep your music and phone connected to the car while you’re driving.
Whether you are looking for a compact, two-person tent, or a luxurious RV, the Toyota Tacoma camper will fit your lifestyle. For example, The Toyota Tacozilla has a custom-built kitchen, dining area, and toilet. It also comes with a retro color scheme. However, if you want a full-featured camper, the price tag is higher.
Upgrading your Toyota Tacoma camper
- If you want to upgrade your Tacoma to a full-featured camper, you can do so with a few modifications. Some of the modifications are simple, such as replacing a few shingles with a new color.
- You will need to consider the size and weight of the camper you are interested in. Some campers are priced at over $10,000, and others are priced under $200.
- The Toyota Tacoma camper is a reliable off-road truck and is used by many camper conversion companies. Toyota’s four-wheel campers offer a set-up specifically for the Tacoma, including the Fleet camping pod.
Besides the price, there are a variety of upgrades available for the Toyota Tacoma. Upgrades include Warn Zeon 12-S Platinum winches, a high-clearance front bumper, 3.5-inch tires on off-road wheels, auxiliary lighting, a Safari Snorkel, and secondary external bypass front shocks. Furthermore, you can add a storage box and rear bumper with a swing-away spare tire carrier.
This article has answered the question: “How much does a Toyota Tacoma Camper cost?” In addition to this, we have covered the specificities of cab-high camper shells which can be a great addition for any avid camper. We have also looked at some of the great features that are present in a Toyota Tacoma Camper.