How much can a 2017 Kia Sedona tow?
In this blog post, we will answer the following question: How much can a 2017 Kia Sedona tow? We will review the towing capacity, engine performance and driving experience of the 2017 Kia Sedona.
How much can a 2017 Kia Sedona tow?
A 2017 Kia Sedona can tow up to 4410 lbs. The 2017 model has a 3.3 L V6 engine, a great 33.9 ft³ (or 142 ft³ with seat area) cargo volume, and a curb weight of 4,411 to 4,656 lbs.
Wondering what you can tow with a towing capacity of 4410 lbs? The 2017 Kia Sedona is well able to tow:
- Scamp 13’ and Scamp 16’ travel trailers;
- Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
- United RV ICamp Elite Camper
- Lance 1685 Travel Trailer
- Keystone Passport SL 240BHWE
- Coachmen Clipper 806XLS
- Happier Camper HC1
- Aliner Classic
- Jayco Jay Feather X23E.
These are just a few great models that your Kia Sedona can tow, check them out!
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Platinum 2.2L, Diesel, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Platinum 3.3L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona S 2.2L, Diesel, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona S 3.3L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Si 2.2L, Diesel, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Si 3.3L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Sli 2.2L, Diesel, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
|2016-2019 Kia Sedona Sli 3.3L, ULP, 8 SP AUTO||4410 lbs|
The pros and cons of towing with a 2017 Kia Sedona
The 2017 Kia Sedona offers many attractive features for those looking for comfortable and enjoyable rides, as well as safe, easy-to-drive, yet powerful drives should they need it.
The Pros of the 2017 Kia Sedona
- Among the pros of the 2017 Kia Sedona, we have the power of its V6 engine, which will give you a fast and firm handling, but also a relaxed drive, just as a family minivan should offer. Read the section on the driving experience for more details on this.
- Another great pro, for which drivers look for vehicles of this type, is related to space, something in which minivans stand out, and this is no exception, as it offers space to transport 7 passengers comfortably seated, thanks to the leather upholstery for all seats, as well as other features, such as electric adjustment of the front seats and lumbar support, “stand up” function of the second row seats for easier handling, and folding of the third row of seats that allows to have a flat floor.
- In addition to offering blinds or sunshades in the rear windows, heating in the steering wheel with wooden inserts that is also adjustable in height and depth.
- In addition to space and comfort, another pro has to do with its information and entertainment system, to make journeys more fun and enjoyable experiences. Among the features of this system, we have to offer, for the driver and his co-driver, a 7-inch colour touch screen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay integration, so that you can use smartphone applications directly on the dashboard screen.
It also provides an information cluster with a 7-inch screen, wireless smartphone charger, Bluetooth for hands-free voice recognition, triple-zone automatic air conditioning, and USB ports and auxiliary input.
- In the second row of seats, passengers will be able to enjoy two 10-inch entertainment screens each, 2 Harman / Kardon wireless headphones and the ability to play various digital media.
- In terms of safety, it also stands out for its 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS anti-lock system, electronic stability control and emergency braking assistant. As for the most common features, it offers 6 airbags: 2 front, 2 side and 2 curtain types, as well as 3-point seat belts for all seats.
- To what has already been said we must add a series of assistants and systems, such as the front and rear parking sensors, the rearview camera, the blind-spot warning system, the lane departure warning and the collision alert system. rear, not to mention the ISOFIX anchors for infant and toddler seats.
The Cons of the 2017 Kia Sedona
- Among the cons of the Kia Sedona, we can mention its high fuel consumption, which is partly justified by its thirsty 3.3-litre V6 engine and the power it generates, about which you can find more details in the section below.
- The price, although according to the type of vehicle, its features and equipment, as with its competition, is still high, so that more than one driver will have to be forced to aim a little lower.
- It has excellent space for passengers, but not so good for suitcases, which is also less than that of its segment rivals. You can, however, fold the third-row seats down on a flat floor to slightly alleviate this problem.
Towing with a 2017 Kia Sedona: Driving experience
The 2017 Kia Sedona has a 3.3-litre V6 that is capable of producing 266 horsepower and 234 pound-feet of torque, coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Its fuel economy is 11.2 km / l, which although it is not high, is not surprising either due to its thirsty V6 engine, and the power it develops.
Its ride is relaxed and easy, but it will move with speed and power when you need it, plus good handling behaviour.
Despite the above, it is slightly slower than some of its rivals, as it requires 8.2 seconds to reach 0 at 100 km / h, although it is not a bad figure, it is only slightly above its competitors.
As for braking, it must be said that it has a moderately firm pedal that is responsive and intuitive for a minivan. Its braking performance is as good or better than that of its rivals.
As for its steering, it should be mentioned that it is smooth and precise, but it does not communicate too much information about the road, in part to its also smooth suspension. This is not a bad thing, as it provides comfort on the road, but possibly some drivers would prefer a slightly stiffer feel.
Final thoughts on the 2017 Kia Sedona
In short, if you are looking for a van with ample space, great comfort and information and entertainment features, the 2017 Kia Sedona could undoubtedly be your ideal vehicle, in addition to the power it provides and the security systems. The downside is that you must have a good amount of money to buy it, in addition to maintaining it with its thirsty V6 engine.
Still, towing with your 2017 will be a great (and safe) experience.
If you have any questions, comments, or if you want to add your review on the 2017 Kia Sedona, please feel free to get in contact!
FAQ on How much can a 2017 Kia Sedona tow?
How much can a 2006 Kia Sedona tow?
A 2006 Kia Sedona can tow up to 3,500 lbs, which is more than enough for most travel trailers, teardrop campers, pop-up campers or other lightweight RVs.
How much weight can a 2018 Kia Sedona tow?
A 2018 Kia Sedona can tow up to 3,500 lbs (1587 kg). If equipped with extra-towing equipment, hauling a trailer will be smoother and easier with your Sedona, no matter the pulling capacity.
How good is the Kia Sedona?
The Kia Sedona is overall a good car. The seats are quite comfortable, although it tends to bounce a bit going through bumps. The steering is artificial touch and allows you to drive the Sedona very intuitively as if it were a slightly smaller SUV.
Can a Kia Sedona pull a pop-up camper?
Yes, a Kia Sedona can pull a pop-up camper or any trailer that weighs below 3500 lbs. (1580 kg). While towing the engine response for the Kia Sedona tends to be good most of the time, gaining speed not very fast, but without stopping at certain points.
- What Can a Kia Sedona Tow? – VEHQ
- Kia Sedona Towing Capacity – AutoPadre
- 2017 Kia Sedona Review & Ratings | Edmunds