In today’s blog post, we will answer the following question: How good are Newmar Motorhomes? We will review this luxurious RV brand and discuss its pros and cons. We will also see if the new King Air Motorhome is actually worth a million dollars!
How good are Newmar Motorhomes?
Newmar Motorhomes are definitely offering a good value and are worth being on your dreamboard! Newmar is amongst the top motorhome manufacturers and has proven to be reliable, comfortable and just top of the line in motorhome decor.
Some of the most amazing and unique amenities that Newmar Motorhomes offers are:
- Wheelchair accessible motorhomes;
- Four-season campers;
- Premium insulation;
- High-quality build materials;
- Dry bathrooms;
- Full wall slide on the driver’s side;
- Black tank sprayers;
- Propane/AC options;
- Heavy-duty chassis;
- Plenty of storage options;
- Large front window and rear window;
- Luxurious kitchen amenities;
- High power vent fans;
- LED lights inside and in the closets;
- Sony surrounds sound system.
Of course, all of these features do not come cheap. Here are all the Newmar Motorhomes models and the MSRP price.
|Model||Price starting at|
|Bay Star Sport||$150,402|
What we don’t like at Newmar Motorhome (reported issues)
Of course, there is no RV brand that is perfect. And depending on your Newmar motorhome model and year of manufacture, several issues may arise. Below you can see a few cases of reported issues and Newmar’s answer to each one of them.
- Models: Ventana Class A 2018
- Problem: On certain motorhomes, the inner wheel tire valve stem extensions could be damaged by contact with the outer wheels. If this were to happen, the inner tire could bleed out, which could overload the outer tire and cause it to fail. Safety Risks: A tire failure can cause loss of control and increase the risk of a collision.
- Solution: Newmar will notify owners by mail. Affected owners will need to take their motorhome to a Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) authorized service facility to inspect and adjust the inner wheel tire valve stem extensions. The valve stems will be replaced, if necessary.
- Models: Bay Star Class A 2019-2020; Bay Star Sport Class A 2021; Canyon Star, Dutch Star, Kountry Star & Ventana Class A motorhomes 2020
- Problem: On certain motorhomes equipped with a Dometic propane range, there may be a propane odour after a short period of use of the range. If a user attempts to tighten the flow regulator bolt to stop the odour, they could over-tighten the bolt and damage a gasket. This could result in a constant gas leak. Safety Risks: Leaking propane gas could create a risk of fire or explosion.
- Solution: Newmar should notify owners by mail and ask them to take their motorhome to a dealership to replace defective parts and perform a leak test. If you smell propane in your motorhome, you must evacuate the motorhome and shut off the gas supply immediately.
- Models: Dutch Star, London Aire, Ventana & Ventana LE 2017-2019; Mountain Aire & New Aire 2018-2019.
- Problem: The rear power distribution module (PDM) of certain motorhomes built on a Freightliner XBS chassis may be defective. Indeed, the rear lights may not work properly.
- Note: This recall is an extension of the 2019 recall. Vehicles that were inspected, but whose PDM was not replaced in the previous recall, require a second repair as part of this recall. Safety Risk: Brake lights or turn signals that do not work can cause the next driver to not realize that the vehicle in front is braking or intending to make a turn. This could increase the risk of an accident.
- Solution: Newmar will notify owners by mail and direct them to take their motorhome to an authorized Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) service centre.
- Models: Dutch Star, London Aire & Mountain Aire 2019; New Aire 2018-2019.
- Problem: On certain motorhomes built on a Freightliner chassis, the operator may not be able to dim the dashboard lighting to a low level. Therefore, the lighting on the dashboard could cause glare when driving at night. Canadian regulations require that the dashboard lighting can be dimmed to a low level. Safety Risks: Dazzling dashboard lighting could reduce visibility and increase the risk of an accident.
- Solution: Newmar will notify owners by mail. Corrective actions for this recall are under development.
- Models: Dutch Star Class A 2017–2019; Essex Class A 2018; London Aire Class A 2017–2019; Mountain Aire Class A 2018; New Aire Class A 2018–2019; Ventana & Ventana LE Class A 2017–2019
- Problem: The rear power distribution module (PDM) of certain motorhomes built on a Freightliner XBS chassis may be defective. Indeed, the rear lights may not work properly. Safety Risks: Brake lights or turn signals that do not work can cause the next driver to not realize that the vehicle in front is braking or intending to make a turn. This could increase the risk of an accident.
- Solution: Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) should notify owners by mail and ask them to take their motor home to a DTNA authorized service centre to have the PDM inspected and repaired if necessary.
Newmar King Aire Motorhome 2021: Luxury without limits for a million dollars
Motorhomes never go out of fashion, and in fact, in recent years they have become very popular, thanks to the development of new models that stand out for combining elegance, comfort and luxury, with strength, power and power. huge vehicles in which we can travel the roads as if we were in a five-star hotel.
This is the case of the Newmar King Aire motorhome, the new revelation of the American company Newmar that once again breaks the traditional schemes and reveals its impressive and new creation of more than 1 million dollars.
What does the new Newmar King Aire motorhome have to offer?
The Newmar King Air 2021 motorhome has been created by the prestigious Newmar company, which has more than 5 decades of manufacturing this class of vehicles with exclusive designs that manage to stand out from the rest, among other things, by using the best quality materials, as well as, for the continuous incorporation of innovative elements that turn the experience of travelling in a motorhome into unique and unforgettable moments.
For $1,296.000 the Newmar King Air 2021 motorhome is a vivid example of what money can do to convert a huge vehicle into a unique space, where luxury and comfort are established as essential values within its conception, to those with much more demanding tastes.
This mansion on wheels is equipped with all the necessary elements to make your road trip experience not resemble anything else you have lived, and that is that, to begin with, it is a huge bus of 25 tons and 13.5 meters long equipped with a powerful diesel engine of 600 horsepower that is coupled with automatic transmission.
There is also a solid Spartan K3 chassis, with which you can tow an auxiliary vehicle, it also has a new passive steering axle for a greater turning radius short while driving.
In addition to this, the Newmar King Air 2021 motorhome has different technological elements that make driving a real pleasure, such as the security system called “Mobileye” that warns the driver about lane change, automatic adaptive cruise control and a system to reduce possible collisions called “OnGuard”.
Newmar King Air: An interior design full of luxury and comfort
The Newmar King Aire motorhome raises the concept of comfort to a new level in each of its details, to begin with, we can highlight the huge driver’s seats and the impressive driving cabin that has all the technical elements to make the experience of handling is really enjoyable.
The interior design of this magnificent motorhome is highlighted by spacious, comfortable and well-organized spaces, where luxury details are incorporated in total harmony in each of the vehicle’s environments.
The bedroom has nothing to envy a luxury hotel suite, it is equipped with a huge king-size bed, a full dressing room, modular closets and a modern entertainment system that includes television, audio and satellite internet.
The kitchen has a spacious and modern concept that integrates perfectly with the interior space, it has quartz countertops and also has all the necessary appliances to prepare any aperitif, as well as ample space for storage.
In the rear area of the motorhome, you will find a complete bathroom with a shower, mirrors, sink, toilet, and cabinets to store lingerie and toiletries, as well as a laundry area with a washing machine and dryer so you don’t have to worry about dirty clothes while travelling.
Are you impressed yet?
Newmar motorhomes are far from ideal (and far from our budget), but these motorcoaches are something to dream about, especially the new models. If you are curious to learn about the 2022 Newmar Motorhomes we suggest you visit their website. We promise you will find something to like there!
If you have any questions or if you want to share your opinions on Newmar motorhomes, feel free to get in contact.
FAQ on How good are Newmar Motorhomes?
Does Newmar make a good motorhome?
Yes, Newmar makes good motorhomes. They are known for having a top of line, luxurious motorhomes and motorcoaches. Overall, Newmar offers a good quality RV for its price!
Who manufactures Newmar Motorhomes?
Newmar Motorhomes are manufactured and owned by Winnebago Industries Inc. Newmar are known for making top quality Class A motorhomes, with their Kind Air model approaching the sum of 1 million dollars.
Is Newmar RV still in business?
Yes, Newmar RV is still in business, owned by Winnebago Industries and being manufactured in Nappanee, IN. The current president of Newmar motorhomes is Matthew Miller.
Other FAQs about Motorhomes that you may be interested in.
- Newmar Class A – Diesel Reviews on RV Insider
- Newmar Construction Techniques (Unbiased RV Review) – YouTube
- Newmar: Luxury Motorhomes, RVs, and class A Motorcoaches