In this blog post, we will discuss how good Coachman Caravans are. We will speak about the differences between the British and the American caravans. We will give you at least five reasons to invest in a Coachman Caravan.
How good are Coachman Caravans?
Coachman Caravans are good motorhomes, of high quality and reliability, appreciated by many caravan owners. This motorhome fits easily into a car park. The compactness, combined with the revolutionary French interior and the maximum range of options, give a lot of advantages for travellers.
Note: Coachman Caravans should not be confused with the American motorhome brand Coachmen, whose names differ by one letter.
Coachman Caravans models and their specs
|Caravan Model||Most unique specs|
|Galvanised steel chassis with euro axle;Dometic 10.5 XS 92-litre electronic fridge freezer;AL-KO AKS 3004 Stabiliser and AL-KO Automatic Trailer Control (ATC) system|
|Pioneer MVH-S12OUi – specifically designed for digital music;LED reading spotlights;100% low energy LED lighting.|
|Alde wet central heating and hot water system with 5-year anti-freeze;boiler with integrated pump; iNet ready programmable LCD touch screen control panel;AL-KO Automatic Adjustment (AAA) Brake system.|
Coachman Laser Excel:
|Mobile phone charging unit;12 volts ‘Seattle’ multi-function digital control panel with awning light;water pump, water tank;12v lights and master switches;Soft furnishings, higher and more supportive backrests.|
|‘Primo’ privacy double glazed windows;Large L-Shaped kitchen;Roof-mounted vehicle WIFI, Thetford swivel toilet with a ceramic bowl.|
Other questions you may be interested in
Coachman Caravans range of options
Coachman Caravans have a tremendous range of options that will benefit most, in our opinion, families planning long trips. What we like most about Coachman Caravans is that they are equipped with all the utilities and comfort necessary for any season.
See below the main options that you can get with a Coachman Caravan:
- Fixed or portable AC
- Satellite and TV antenna 220 and 12 v
- Solar panel
- Terrace: 4/3m
- 2-4 sleeping places, two adults and two children, with two large sofas that turn into a 2/2m bed.
- Tent all over the caravan
- Gas hot water boiler and 220 v of 10 litres of stainless steel at a temperature of 70 degrees C.
- Trumavent central heating and ventilation with gas temperature control and 220v, 12 v.
- Refrigerator with freezer.
- Gas 220.12v.
- Lighted minibar and sockets on 12 and 220 v
- Kitchen sink with hot&cold water
- Fire alarm
- Stove with grill, oven and 4 mesh.
- Rechargeable battery and built-in rectifier.
- Satellite antenna with amplifier 12 and 220 v
- Bathroom with separate shower.
- Ecological fixed toilet with external emptying.
- Bathroom sink, hot and cold water.
- Power cable 220, water pump with quick plug, climbing ladder, domestic water tank, folding table.
- New tires, new spare wheel.
- Impeccable furniture and upholstery.
- Multiple storage cabinets and drawers.
- Faultless upholstery.
5 reasons to buy a Coachman Caravan
At first glance, caravans from British manufacturer Coachman, are no different from American Coachmen Caravans. But this is only at first glance. Upon closer examination, it is not difficult to identify the differences.
- Firstly, the frame and axles of the caravan trailer. England is an island that is washed by the seas, thus the attitude of the British to anti-corrosion treatment of the body of a motorhome is special. In other words, in order for the caravan to serve for a long time, a thorough anti-corrosion treatment of metal parts is performed before assembling the caravan.
- Secondly, the chassis. Again, due to the fact that England is a small island, the mileage of caravans from this country is small, which affects the condition of the axles. For the most part, the axles and the chassis are generally in reasonably good condition.
- Thirdly, the interior, which is made in the traditional English style of caravan construction: the furniture upholstery, the colour of the facades, the division into zones – all this suggests that different manufacturers of caravan trailers keep the “traditional English brand”. Campers are especially distinguished by the front part of the caravan: large three-section acrylic windows.
A big plus is a good maintainability: if a window breaks, for example, from stones flying from under the wheels of a tractor, then only that section of the window that is damaged can be replaced, which will be cheaper than buying one whole large window.
- Fourth, full-size gas stoves are installed in caravans, which makes them even more like real home. Small details like lamps, door handles, upholstered furniture – all this gives an indescribable feeling of charm to the traditional English style of caravan building.
- Fifthly, the door to the living compartment of the caravan is on the left side. The door opens onto the roadway, like the driver’s door of a car, which is not very convenient if you need to quickly open the door when the camper stops shortly. However, considering the quality of these caravans, it’s a small detail we are willing to forget.
We also wanted to give you a few tips, for making the best of your trip with a Coachman Caravan.
First, you should limit yourself to short-distance trips. This will help you learn how to feel the car, learn how to reverse and manoeuvre. Additionally, it is worth installing a rear-view camera. You should monitor the readings of the devices, timely undergo maintenance. In this case, a mobile home will delight you for a long time.
While driving, you should carefully monitor the distance, observe the optimal speed limit. If you are truly adventurous, dreaming of admiring the creations of nature without wasting time looking for a place to sleep, choose a quality caravan for yourself.
Some people argue that Coachman Caravans are the best, that they are of good quality, reliable and worth investing in. Others complain of leaking roofs, poor workmanship, mostly cosmetic and build quality issues.
Our advice would be to first rent a Coachman Caravan, take it out for a spin, and decide for yourself whether you like it or not. Of course, reading about other’s experiences also helps.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions to make this article better, please let us know.
FAQ on How good are Coachman Caravans?
Where are Coachman Caravans made?
Coachman Caravans are made in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, China and South Korea. Coachman Caravans Company was born in 1986 on a green-field site in Sutton Fields Industrial Estate in Hull.
What is the most expensive touring caravan?
The most expensive touring caravan in the UK is the Buccaneer. It offers extra options and more comfort than any other brand out there.
What are the best quality caravans?
The best quality caravans are the Airstream, Bailey, Coachman, Eriba, Knaus and Freedom Caravans.
Are Bailey Caravans good quality?
Bailey Caravans are made from good quality materials. 86.4% of Bailey owners would recommend this caravan to a friend.
What are Bailey caravans made of?
Bailey caravans are made from Alu Tech. Bailey developers have created a special and unique technology. Thanks to the use of a special aluminium frame, it became possible to create a more stable case that protects against adverse weather conditions.
How to live year-round in a caravan?
To live year-round in a caravan and benefit from an address, registering with your local office is an idea. However, you must have a link with the municipality where you are making the request such as a place of stay on the date of the request, professional activity in the municipality, family ties.