How do you attach a Stone Stomper to a Caravan?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How do you attach a Stone Stomper to a Caravan?” We will describe the steps to installing a stone stomper in a caravan and talk about the tips to choose the right stone stomper. Furthermore, we will talk about all the benefits of a Stone Stomper on a Caravan.
How do you attach a Stone Stomper to a Caravan?
To attach a Stone Stomper to a Caravan, you will need to follow the steps described below.
- Attach the brackets
- Remove the tow ball or hitch
- Attach the canvas to the bar
- Fix the brackets to the caravan
- Fix the foam pieces
- Hook up the stone stomper
Attach the brackets
- The first step is to spread out the Stone Stomper and all the accessories provided on a flat surface.
- Once you have that done, you will need to attach the brackets that come along with the stone stomper.
- These brackets will need to be attached to the corners of the stone stomper. You will need to use the bolts to attach the brackets.
- Start by fixing the screws to the loopholes on the corner. The screws should hold the bracket to the stone stomper.
Remove the tow ball or hitch
- You will need to remove the tow ball or hitch on the towing vehicle before attaching the L bracket. Once you have removed the tow ball or hitch, you will need to place the L bracket to the bar over the tow ball hole.
Attach the canvas to the bar
- You will need to locate the L bracket and attach the canvas flaps to the bar of the towing vehicle. You will need to do that by making use of the nuts and bolts that are provided with the stone stomper. Be sure to secure the bar and mount it properly.
Fix the brackets to the caravan
- The next step is to fix the brackets for the caravan. You will need to position the brackets to the tow bar tongue along with the stone stomper to check the length and the tension.
- Once get the required position for your stone stomper, you will need to use a couple of G-clamps to hold the brackets to the caravan.
- Fix the G-clamps on either side of the caravan to hold the brackets. Once you have finalized the position of the brackets, you will need to use the screws and nuts to hold the brackets in place.
- You might need to drill a couple of holes in the iron bar to hold the brackets on either side.
- You can remove the stone stomper before fixing the brackets to avoid any confusion.
Fix the foam pieces
- The next step will be to fix the foam pieces to the brake cable or any other wires that appear above the stone stomper. The foam will protect the stone stomper from the cables rubbing on them.
- Use a couple of cable ties to fix the foam onto wires, but be sure that the cable ties are sticking upwards so that they are not rubbing on the canvas.
Hook up the stone stomper
- The final step will be to hook up the stone stomper that is connected from the caravan to the towing vehicle.
- You will need to use the hooks to connect the stomper to the canvas that you installed first on the tow bar.
- Be sure to check the tension of the stone stomper once again after using the hooks to secure them.
Those were the simple steps that need to be followed to attach a stone stomper to a caravan. Installing a stone stomper is an easy process and it can be done by one person. You can also read and follow the details that come along with the stone stomper. You can fix a stone stomper for a caravan in less than an hour.
Tips to choose the right stone stomper
To choose the right stone stomper for your caravan, there are a few things that you need to consider. The first and most important part is knowing the type of hitch that you have. You will also need to know the measurements of the caravan and the rear part of the towing vehicle. To make this process easier, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
Visit the stone stomper website
Each caravan will have a different hitch and a different tow bar. The easy way out is by simply visiting the stone stomper website. Once you get to the website, you will need to navigate to the get an info pack page.
Fill out the information
After you reach the info pack page, you will need to fill up your details such as your name, email, telephone number, etc. The most important part is to fill the make and model of your caravan. You will also need to enter the make and model of your tow vehicle and the type of hitch. If you are not sure about the hitch, ensure to ask a professional.
Another important part is to upload photos of the hitch on the vehicle. It is also a good idea to take a picture of the caravan and upload them as well. Uploading photos will help you get the right stone stomper for your vehicle. Remember that stone stompers are custom-made according to the caravan, vehicle, and towing hitch. Be sure to get these things right.
Once you have the photos uploaded along with the details mentioned above, you will get an information pack from stone stomper. You will get the right information including the price and all the other details about the stone stomper for your vehicle. The process is simple and quick and it can be done in hardly a couple of minutes.
Benefits of a stone stomper
A stone stomper is no more like an ordinary add-on since it has become more of an essential. A stone stomper is sure to bring you some of the best benefits, especially when towing a caravan, camper, or trailer. Here are some of the best benefits of having a stone stomper for your caravan and towing vehicle.
- A stone stomper provides incredible protection not only for your caravan and towing vehicle but also for extra amenities.
- One of the biggest advantages of a stone stomper is that it can protect your brake cables, gas cans, and coupling, and it helps keep the dirt away. Stone stompers are not only for off-road but they are also a huge benefit for on-road.
- The mesh of the stone stomper is made up of reinforced canvas material to bear the war and tear. Every stone stomper is also custom-made to fit your vehicle perfectly.
Fits easy on tow ball hitches
- The good news is that stone stompers fit perfectly on all types of tow-ball hitches. With several bar attachment options, you can get the best stone stompers for any vehicle.
- The bar will be mounted as close to the vehicle as possible to provide the best mesh coverage. There are also no drilling and modifications required to the tow bar to attach the stone stomper. This is because the stone stomper is customized to fit your vehicle perfectly.
Easy to install
- A stone stomper is easy to install and there is no hassle if you just follow the right procedure.
- It hardly takes an hour to install a stone stomper and it comes with all the required products. The bar with canvas flaps, and the mesh is pretty easy to remove at the same time.
- Stone stompers are also designed for boat trailers, box trailers, horses, floats, and many more.
A stone stomper can be delivered to you within a week once you fill in the right information. However, this depends on your location and the time you place the order. If your order is placed from March to July, you can expect a slight delay due to the demand. It is advised to place an order in advance if you are planning on camping anytime from March to July.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How do you attach a Stone Stomper to a Caravan?” We have described the steps to installing a stone stomper in a caravan and talked about the tips to choose the right stone stomper. Furthermore, we have talked about all the benefits of a Stone Stomper of a Caravan.