In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How do I reset my LCI electronic leveling system?” We will describe the steps to rest the leveling system on your trailer. We will also talk about the common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system. At the end of this post, you will get to know how to fix the common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system.
How do I reset my LCI electronic leveling system?
To reset your LCI electronic leveling system, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Hook your truck to your trailer
- Manually retract the stabilizers
- Lower all the jacks
- Retract landing gear and stabilizers
- Lower the front landing gear
- Hit auto level
Hook your truck to your trailer
- The first and most important step is to hook your truck to your trailer. It is common for the Lipert Auto Leveling System to have a couple of issues after several years.
- In most cases, you will need to reset the LCI electronic leveling system if you face errors. Some of these errors include the left front jack or the right front jack.
- You will need to hook up your truck back with the trailer to get these issues resolved. Ensure that your truck and trailer are connected properly. Try to keep your truck and the trailer on a flat surface as much as possible.
Manually retract the stabilizers
- Second, you will need to manually retract the stabilizers. By doing this, you will be able to hitch up the truck. If there is an error with the leveling system, you will need to do everything manually.
- Make sure to get the truck and the trailer hitched properly. Once the truck and trailer are hitched, you will be able to put the weight of the trailer on the truck.
Lower all the jacks
- The next step is to lower all the jacks. Be sure to lower all the jacks to six inches. You will need to have a decent amount of clearance from the ground.
- Just be sure to stick to six inches and not anything more or less. This is the right size to ensure that everything functions properly while resetting your LCI electronic leveling system.
Retract landing gear and stabilizers
- This is a crucial step and it must be done the right way. You will need to retract all your landing gear and stabilizers.
- To do that, you will need need to push and hold the retract button on the panel of the LCI electronic leveling system.
- Ensure to hold the retract button for at least five to seven seconds to activate the process.
- All the jacks will be retracted at the same time. You will then need to hold down the button until the computer resets itself.
- Each jack will come up to the home point, which is considered the default point. Once this is done, it should be reset manually.
- The screen on the Lipper electronic leveling system will give you an indication that says “ready jacks up” when it is reset.
- Once this is done, the panel will stop beeping. Hence, you will be able to rest the LCI electronic leveling system.
- You will need to unhook the rig and attempt to auto-level the system.
Lower the front landing gear
- The next step is to lower the front landing jacks. Once you have the front landing jacks lowered, you will need to unhook the trailer.
- Be sure to select drop front jacks on the electronic leveling panel. Once you have the front jacks lowered, you can detach the truck from your trailer.
Hit auto level
- The final step is to hit the auto-level button. You will see that your LCI electronic leveling system will be reset and the auto level should work on its own.
- The Lippert electronic leveling system panel will display auto-level grounding on the small screen. You will need to give it some time to get everything level.
Resetting the LCI electronic leveling system is pretty easy if you follow the simple steps mentioned below. Most people reset the LCI electronic leveling system in there is any error in the leveling process. In some cases, you might just get an error message that will prevent your system from functioning.
Common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system
There are a few common issues that come along with the LCI electronic leveling system. These issues are bound to occur at one point in time, but they can be rectified with ease. In most cases, you will need to master reset the system to get it back to its original form. Here are a couple of common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system.
- Electrical issues are one of the most common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system. The good news is that you will be able to fix most of the electrical issues on your own. However, it is recommended to hire a professional if you are not used to working with electronics.
- The connections in the leveling system might be weak and this is the first thing you will need to consider. Most of these issues on the device take place due to weak connections or loose wires.
- In some situations, these connections might be damaged or have pressure on them with loose ends. You will need to replace these weak connections to get these issues sorted out.
All lights flashing
- Another common issue that has been reported is all lights flashing. People have reported LED lights turning on if there are any issues with the device. There have been instances where all lights start to flash suddenly.
- It might be hard to identify or troubleshoot the issue in these situations. To get this sorted out, you will need to locate the diamond buttons and press all four of them at the same time on the control panel.
- This should get the problem fixed but if it does not happen, you might want to reset the system once again.
- Battery problems are coming and it occurs frequently in most leveling systems. These problems can take place over some time. The simplest way to get this solved is by replacing the batteries.
- Check if the batteries are functioning properly and if they are in good working condition. You might need to change the batteries every couple of months to ensure that there are no issues.
- Retracting the leveling system can also be a common issue. This happens when the leveling system gets stuck or stops moving.
- Retracting issues can also be because of a problem with the control panel. If your control panel is not able to contact the equipment, you are bound to have retracting issues. The best way to get rid of these issues is to reset the device.
Resetting issues after a dead battery
- After a dead battery, you might find it a bit challenging to rest the LCI system with a dead battery. You will need to get this sorted by doing everything manually.
- You will need to run the jacks to the level of the trailer in manual mode. To do this, you will need to place a level in the center of the trailer and level it front to back and to the sides.
Those were some of the common issues that are found with the LCI electronic leveling system. These issues can be reversed with ease and the best way to do that is to reset the entire system. Resetting the system will take it back to the original state and you will be able to run the system successfully. Resetting the LCI electronic system will take less than an hour.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How do I reset my LCI electronic leveling system?” We have described the steps to rest the leveling system on your trailer. We have also talked about the common issues with the LCI electronic leveling system. Drop us a comment below and let us know if there are any other common issues with the LCI electric system.