In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How do I fix a faulty HWH leveling system?” We will describe the HWH leveling system features and the advantages of having these systems. We will also discuss some key points to consider while using the HWH leveling systems.
How do I fix a faulty HWH leveling system?
To fix a faulty HWH leveling system, you will need to follow the steps described below.
- Reboot the system
- Check the power
- Check the connections
- Retract the system manually
- Refer to the manual
Reboot the system
- The first step is to reboot the system. HWH leveling systems are computerized and they require to be rebooted at times. By rebooting the system, you should be able to get it up and running.
- In most cases, people reboot a faulty system to bring it back on the right track. The most important thing is to ensure that your motorhome is parked in a flat area.
- The auto-leveling can take place only if the motorhome is on a flat surface.
- To reboot the system, you will need to locate the “off” button on the control panel. Press the off button and wait for 20 seconds before turning it on.
- Once you turn on the button, the HWH leveling system will get rebooted. However, when turning it on listen closely if there are any odd sounds. In most cases, rebooting will help you to get back on track.
Check the power
- If you are still unable to fix the issue after rebooting, you will need to check the power to ensure that the HWH leveling systems are working properly.
- Some motorhomes might require the engine to run for the leveling systems to work. Look for any blown fuses since this can be one of the reasons for a faulty HWH leveling system.
- Check the power source and ensure that there is enough supply to your rig. Always have a couple of spare fuses to replace them with ease.
Check the connections
- If you still have a faulty HWH leveling system, you will be required the check the connections. Just be sure that the connections are not damaged.
- It is easy for connections to get damaged while traveling. Look for any damaged or loose wires. This also depends on the type of system that is used.
- Apart from the connections, ensure to look for any fluid leaks around these connections. A hydraulic fluid leak can be one of the major issues for a faulty HWH leveling system.
Retract the system manually
- The next step is to try and retract the system manually. In rare situations, the system might not be able to retract the jacks.
- There are four white tabs that have HWH solenoids. These tabs need to be flipped to 90 degrees to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is released the jacks will be retracted. This might seem to be a tough process but it can be done with ease.
Refer to the manual
- Referring to the manual will give you a proper idea of how to go ahead with this situation. Having a faulty HWH leveling system can be fixed if you follow the steps in the manual.
- By reading the manual you should get an idea of retracting the system manually. In case these steps fail, the manual will give you an idea for troubleshooting the problem.
HWH leveling system features
The HWH leveling system is used to raise and lower the vehicle with the help of hydraulics. This system works with the help of a hydraulic pump. There are retractable jacks present in these systems that can lift a solid 24,000 pounds with ease. Here are some of the HWH leveling systems described below.
- Helps to stabilize your motorhome and minimalizes external and internal pressure
- HWK leveling systems can uplift both large and small vehicles with the help of hydraulic power
- The leveling systems have weather-tight electrical wiring and plug-in wire connections.
- The electrical construction has exceptional protection with warning switches and specially manufactured seals.
- The components are built from electroplated nickel-coated steel and corrosion-resistant stainless steel.
- Helps Jack’s footpads by distributing the weight evenly
- HWH leveling systems can be used in most motorhomes
- The operating system is simple and easy to handle. It is dependable and powerful
- HWH leveling systems have low maintenance and they are built to last long
- The robust hydraulic power is sure to get your heavy rig lifted with ease
- The jacks are used in pairings to decrease the strength on the coach
- One of the biggest advantages and probably the best feature is that all this can be done automatically.
Advantages of having an HWH leveling system
At one point in time, it might be essential to own an HWH leveling system. These systems make the job easy and there is no hassle since HWH leveling systems are computerized. Here are some of the benefits of having an HWH leveling system.
- HWH leveling systems are reliable and they are also more convenient.
- They are easy to level and can be done fast. Handling these systems is easy and they can be set up pretty soon. The push button function makes it easier in just a single movement.
- The manual operations are easy to navigate. The manual also provides quick help on installation, repairs, and other operating procedures.
- The spring retract is one of the major advantages of the HWH leveling system. In case of a power failure, the spring retraction helps the jacks to collapse.
- HWH arrives with a warranty and they have been in the market for decades. They also provide installation and services worldwide.
- HWH leveling systems have a reputation and are one of those top-tier vehicle leveling manufacturers.
- The products are made from high-quality equipment and they are compatible with most RV models.
- Another advantage is that they are lighter than most of their competitors. All the components are inspected and tested before hitting the market.
- HWH leveling systems also offer trouble-shooting support, which is absolutely free. In case of any trouble, you can call up the toll-free telephone lines and get the best assistance available.
- HWH leveling systems are low maintenance systems since they are all quality-controlled products. The materials and components are constructed with a high strength-to-weight ratio for longer durability.
- Since the manufacturer provides repair options, there is no need to change any component if the case of slight damage. Instead of a full replacement, you can send these components for repairs. The repair cost is also reasonable as it does not cross a particular limit.
Key points to consider while using an HWH leveling system
These are a few key points to consider while using an HWH leveling system.
- Always remember that you should not use jacks or air suspension to change tires. HWH leveling systems do not recommend doing this.
- Be sure to dig around the jacks in case of ice, snow, mud, or frozen ground. This is crucial if you have straight-acting jacks.
- In the case of kick-down jacks, you can drive forward slowly and free the jacks.
- Do not alter the jack or try to add a bigger foot, this can cause trouble and clearance issues. You can use a pad under the foot if the surface is soft.
- Be sure to check the fluid level and ensure that is it within one inch of the top of the tank. This should be noted when all the jacks are retracted.
- The fluid plays a vital role in the HWH leveling system. It is recommended to use the HWH specialty hydraulic oil from HWH. However, you can still use a Dexron or multipurpose transmission fluid if necessary.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How do I fix a faulty HWH leveling system?” We have described the HWH leveling system features and the advantages of having these systems. We have also discussed some key points to consider while using the HWH leveling systems. Leave us a comment below and let us know if you have used these leveling systems.