How do I choose a cargo net for a camper shell?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “How do I choose a cargo net for a camper shell?” We will talk about the tips for choosing a cargo net for a camper shell and discuss the different types of cargo nets. We will also describe the types of cargo net materials along with a few extra tips to consider.
How do I choose a cargo net for a camper shell?
To choose a cargo net for a camper shell, you will need to consider the following tips mentioned below.
Check for quality
Quality is the first and the most important thing to look for when choosing a cargo net for a camper shell. Cargo nets that have good quality are sure to last long. You can check the quality of a cargo net by looking into a few aspects. Before purchasing the cargo net, be sure to look for reviews online from previous customers.
Look for safety
The second most important thing is to look for the safety of the cargo net. The net should be able to bear the load and it should be safe at the same time while transporting large loads. It should also be safe and prevent any damage to the items you are transporting. You can also check for the safety rating of the product online.
Check for flexibility
Check for the flexibility of the net since cargo nets arrive with flexible fibers. The net should be flexible to stretch and carry the weight of the cargo. A flexible net will also be easy to adjust when securing your cargo. The net must be made up of heavy-duty rip-resistant material to prevent small items from falling apart.
Look for reinforced edges
The edges of the nets are the most crucial parts since they experience extreme strain. Ensure that the edges of the cargo net are reinforced well to take the pressure of the load. Most cargo nets have heavily reinforced edges. However, there are a few nets that might not arrive with heavily reinforced cargo. Be sure to check for the right cargo net with reinforced edges.
A cargo net is something that you might remove and install often. It is advised to get a cargo net that is easy to install. You should be able to secure your cargo in just a few minutes and adjust the netting as required. The cargo net should also be easy to remove when required. Look for a net that can be assembled or fixed in a few minutes.
Look for visibility
The visibility of the cargo net is pretty important for your camper shell. Having a visible cargo net will help you to see the load that you store in your camper. The biggest advantage of this is that you can check your cargo often to see if they are secured and make all the adjustments whenever it is required.
Consider the size of your camper shell
The first thing to do is to consider the size of your camper shell. You will need to purchase a cargo net based on the size of your camper. Be sure to know how much cargo will fit into your camper. The amount of cargo that will fit in your camper should be able to determine the size of the cargo net. Most camper shells are perfect with standard cargo nets.
Consider the amount of cargo you carry
Some people carry little cargo while some might require heavy loads for transporting or camping for more than a couple of days. Consider the amount of cargo you will carry and how often you transport cargo. Based on the type of cardo and the load, you can go ahead and select a net accordingly.
To select the right net for your camper shell, you will need to consider the above-mentioned tips. These tips will help you to get the best cargo net according to your camper. Selecting a cargo net can also be based on an individual’s preference. Be sure to check how the cargo net will be secured while making your purchase.
Different types of cargo nets for camper shells
There are different types of cargo nets for camper shells and these cargo nets are made out of different materials. It is important to know the various types of cargo nets before making a decision or purchase. Here are the different types of cargo nets for camper shells listed below.
Mesh reinforced cargo net
- The mesh reinforced cargo net is common and can be found easily. These cargo nets are designed for carrying loads with small pieces.
- The net is built with materials to keep your tiny cargo safe and prevent it from getting damaged. This is perfect for those who carry small loads as the mesh seals the gaps of the net with polyester.
Truck bed cargo net
- The truck bed cargo net is probably the most common cargo nets that can be found. This is perfect for a camper that is placed on a pick-up truck.
- It helps keep the cargo in place and it comes with the right amount of straps to secure the load. These nets are also used on open pick-up truck bodies while transporting cargo from one place to another.
E-track cargo net
- The e-track cargo net is a little different than the about mentioned nets. This particular material is designed for small loads that are mainly used to hold extra cargo in place.
- In some situations, the cargo might not fit inside or on top of the camper shell, this netting material can help to hold the cargo in place.
Types of cargo net material
There are several types of cargo net materials that are used, but only a few are common. The material mentioned below is always preferred for cargo nets.
- A major chunk of cargo nets is usually made from polyester. This is because they are suited for the purpose and are reinforced with mesh. Polyester material for cargo nets is said to be more durable and is perfect for most cargo.
UV protected materials
- UV-protected materials are another commonly found cargo net material. This is mainly used for heavy cargo and cargo that is transported on top of the camper shell or truck beds. This is good for long hours of travel during summer.
- Canvas is also another commonly used cargo net material that can take the load of heavy cargo. Canvas is also thicker and more durable than polyester. Many people prefer canvas if they are carrying heavy loads.
A few tips to consider
- Purchasing cargo nets for camper shells is pretty easy since most stores that have automobile parts have cargo nets as well.
- Another option is to purchase cargo nets online. While purchasing a cargo net for a camper, be sure to look into the tensile strength of the net.
- A 1-inch net of webbing width will have a tensile strength of up to 6,000 pounds.
- Some cargo nets have to potential to retain strength even when they are wet. The cargo net should also have excellent resistance to mildew, oils, water, and grease.
- Look for cargo nets that have high heat resistance and are lightweight.
- Be sure to purchase hooks and other netting hardware for cargo nets.
- If you do not find the right size for your camper shell, you can go ahead and customize one accordingly. There are several places where you can get a customized cargo net for your camper shell.
- The final thing is to do enough research and understand what type of cargo net is required for your camper shell.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “How do I choose a cargo net for a camper shell?” We have talked about the tips for choosing a cargo net for a camper shell and discussed the different types of cargo nets. We have also described the types of cargo net materials along with a few extra tips to consider.