Does Casita make a 13-foot trailer?
In today’s blog post, we will answer the following question: Does Casita make a 13-foot trailer? We will evaluate the Casita 13 ft travel trailer and review all the Casita trailer dimensions and features.
Does Casita make a 13-foot trailer?
Casita doesn’t make a 13-foot trailer as of 2017, so if you are looking for the smallest Casita on the market, the Casita Patriot, you’ll have to find it second-hand.
Currently, Casita trailers come in 16 ft and 17 ft Standard and Deluxe versions of the following models:
We will present you with more information about these models below, but first, let’s evaluate the Casita 13-foot trailer.
The Casita Patriot 13 ft travel trailer
In 2021 it is actually next to impossible to find a small 13-foot trailer like the Casita Patriot, that has a stove, sink, microwave, refrigerator, air conditioner, shower, as well as a separate sink in the washroom and toilet. All in a 13-foot fibreglass trailer!
The Casita Patriot has a 20-pound propane tank which, again, is impressing with a trailer this size. The front chains come with a full awning which is actually great for sunny days. The trailer also has excellent radial tires, a full spare, and nice retro hubcaps to really go with the style of the trailer.
The 13-foot Casita also comes with a custom installed air-conditioner with a vent cover – this basically is just a fabric foam that goes in just if you want to put the AC on and you want to let the cool air stay in.
On the inside, the Casita Patriot has a nice rustic custom-made table with plenty of storage underneath it. You have space for the propane tank, for a microwave and a larger fridge – if you wish to add these features.
One other advantage of the Casita 13-foot trailer is the sliding windows on both sides of the trailer, which is nice if you want to get a cross-breeze. There is a window in the bathroom also, which will relieve you of any mould or mildew problems.
Everything inside the Casita 13 foot trailer makes this small trailer appear more spacious than any other trailer of the same size! You can now find the CAsita 13-foot trailer on the second-hand market, with prices ranging from $6,000 (very old models) to $25,000 (for more recent models).
Casita Patriot Specs
- Exterior length – 13’
- Exterior width – 6’8”
- Exterior height – 7’8”
- Interior height – 5’10”
- Dry weight – 1,880 lbs
- GVWR – 3,500 lbs
- Freshwater tank – 16 gals
- Greywater tank – 13 gals
- Blackwater tank – 15 gals
- LPG – 2 x 20 lbs bottles
- Sleeping capacity – 2
- Tire size – 15”
Casita Patriot Exterior Features
- Two-20lbs LPG bottles w/cover
- Spare tire
- Electric brakes
- Safety chains
- Stabilizer jacks
- LED Running/Tail/Stoplights
- City water connection
- 25ft 30 Amps power cable
- 110V outlet
- 12V battery pack
Casita Patriot Interior Features
- 2-burner cooktop
- 3-way 1.9 cu ft refrigerator
- Water-pressure regulator
- Washroom sink
- 6 gallons gas/electric water heater w/bypass
- Power roof vent
- Side-mounted (front) AC unit
- 12V lights
- 12V and 110V outlets
- Roof vent
- Deluxe insulation
- Carpet lined storage and overhead compartments
Casita Patriot Optional Features
- LED interior lights
- 16,000 BTU furnace
- 19” HD-TV w/DVD player
- TV antenna w/amplifier
- Vinyl flooring
- Exterior Shower
Casita Patriot Safety Features
- Smoke/LPG detectors
- Safety Egress windows
- GFCI- protection
- Breakaway switch
- Fire extinguisher.
Why did Casita stop making the 13-foot trailer?
Until this day, Casita manufacturers did not come with an official statement why they stopped making the 13-foot trailer, the Casita Patriot. The most obvious assumption would be that there was a demand issue. The 13-foot trailer is indeed perfect for smaller trips for a maximum of two people.
If you had your eyes for a while on the Casita Patriot but find it nearly impossible to acquire a model on the second-hand market, we come with an alternative: the 13-foot Scamp travel trailer.
Here are seven reasons why the 13-foot Scamp trailer is a great option:
- The number one reason for buying a 13 foot Scamp trailer is its weight. This travel trailer is extremely light as it has a fibreglass shell and a lot of the amenities inside are made of fibreglass as well. The 13’ Scamp is very versatile and almost any vehicle can pull it.
- The second reason why you should buy a 13 foot Scamp trailer is for its retro and creative design. Indeed, the Scamp trailer has a really attractive retro design that hasn’t changed much since Scamp started making these in the 70s.
- Another reason is that it’s extremely compact. To be able to fit so many amenities and up to six people in one small trailer, you have to design it well. Overall it’s a compact trailer and perfect for those of you who do not like to bring too much stuff on their trips.
- The 13’ Scamp is also really minimalistic. The best part yet is that you get to choose the number of add-ons and you are free to go as low as you want or as high as you want.
- The solid fibreglass body of the Scamp 13’ doesn’t rust. As you may already know, rust is perhaps the number one enemy of campers (along with mould). Rust can also lead to leaks, so this is an important aspect to consider.
- The 13’ Scamp trailer also promotes simplicity, efficiency and necessity. You can only bring what you can fit! Most of the time, when you go on trips there’s a tendency, especially when you have kids, to bring everything with you. You just can’t do that in the Scamp!
First of all, it won’t fit, but then if you’re pulling this with just a regular tow vehicle like a just car you cannot pull it safely with additional weight.
- You can customize your Scamp trailer. You can have them do pretty much whatever you want. Obviously, there are limitations due to size and whatever materials they’re using, but here’s some customization that you can do and we’ve found out that you can actually customize it according to what you need!
Are Casita travel trailers good?
Yes, Casita travel trailers are good and in high demand on the American and European markets. All Casita trailers are lightweight, thus easy to pull and handle by almost any vehicle. This also means that it will save your fuel and cause less wear and tear on the car. Casita trailers also have an aerodynamic design, you will thus meet less wind resistance when towing and feel safer and more stable on the road.
Since the 13-foot Casita was discontinued, here is a summary of the travel trailers that you can still order from the manufacturer:
|Casita Travel Trailer||Size and Model||Dry Weight (lbs)||Starting Price|
|Spirit||17 ft Standard||2,210||$24,996|
|Spirit||17 ft Deluxe||2,480||$26,694|
|Independence||17 ft Standard||2,210||$24,996|
|Independence||17 ft Deluxe||2,480||$26,694|
|Heritage||17 ft Standard||2,210||$24,996|
|Heritage||17 ft Deluxe||2,480||$26,694|
|Freedom||17 ft Standard||2,210||$24,996|
|Freedom||17 ft Deluxe||2,480||$26,694|
|Liberty||17 ft Standard||2,210||$24,996|
|Liberty||17 ft Deluxe||2,480||$26,694|
Casita travel trailers are durable, aerodynamic and lightweight campers that are easy to fall in love with. While the 13-foot Casita model was discontinued, you can still find it on the second-hand market.
Your other options are acquiring a Casita 16-foot or 17-foot model. If you still find these too large or out of your budget, read our review on the Scamp 13-foot trailer!
Please feel free to get in contact if you have any comments or questions on the content.
FAQ on Does Casita make a 13-foot trailer?
What are Casitas made of?
Casita travel trailers are made of two pieces of molded fiberglass. They are lightweight trailers that can be towed by most vehicles, come with plenty of floorplans and add-ons. Casita gives you the possibility of customizing your trailer just the way you wish it to be!
Do Casita trailers hold their value?
Yes, Casita trailers hold their value well. Most fiberglass trailers, in fact, hold their value and depreciate slower than aluminum trailers. Casita travel trailers are also known for retaining almost 100% of their value. And considering the scarcity of these models on the market, you could actually make a good deal if you want to resell your Casita!
Why are Casita trailers so popular?
Casita travel trailers are popular because they are good value for money. These lightweight trailers are made from fiberglass and thus are extremely durable and reliable. Compared to other travel trailers from the same category, Casita trailers are less prone to water damage and mold infiltration. They also have among the best resale value!
Other FAQs about Travel Trailers that you may be interested in.
- So no more Casita 13ft – Fiberglass RV
- Casita vs Scamp Compared: Which is the Better Trailer for Your
- Casita 13 PATRIOT DELUXE 13 Reviews on RV Insider