What is the best truck bed camper for the Dodge Dakota?
In this blog post, we will answer the question “What is the best truck bed camper for the Dodge Dakota?” We will list out some of the best truck bed campers. We will also talk about their features and specifications and discuss the right camper for the Dodge Dakota. By the end of this post, you will get to know some of the best campers for the Dodge Dakota.
What is the best truck bed camper for the Dodge Dakota?
The best truck bed camper for the Dodge Dakota is the Earth Crusier pop-up camper and the Standard Snap Treehouse. Various truck bed campers were used for the Dodge Dakota, but due to the size of the truck bed, only a few are available in the market right now. Most campers can be customized to fit your truck bed.
If you still own a Dodge Dakota, you can get a camper made and installed on your own. Getting a camper for an old model truck is pretty hard and most people make their own. The Dodge Dakota is an excellent vehicle that had a good reputation. The Dodge Dakota is also one of those best vehicles for installing a truck bed camper.
Dodge Dakota key features and brief History
The Dodge Dakota has not been available in the market since 2011. However, it is still one of those top trucks that were made for off-road camping. Adding a truck bed camper to the Dodge Dakota is an advantage. Get a camper that has the right features to suit only a necessity. A light truck bed camper is always better than a heavy one.
The latest truck bed campers come with all the best features and technology. However, for the Dodge Dakota, you might need to stick with the older models. The best way to get a truck bed camper for a Dodge Dakota is by contacting a company that manufactures customized truck bed campers. By designing your camper, you can easily match all your requirements.
- With a decent towing capacity of 2,000 to 2,500 pounds, the Dodge Dakota has various models that have been launched over the years and their latest variations have a high-towing capability.
- Like most the other trucks, the Dodge Dakota is built on a sturdy and strong base. These trucks are built for off-road and towing purposes.
- From 1987 to 2011, the Dodge Dakota had some of the best truck models and was one of the best of its kind. The company adapted to the V8 engine and improved its vehicles every year.
- For close to a decade, the Dodge Dakota was one of the best trucks to have a truck bed camper. Its durable and tough exteriors were built for off-grid camping.
- Dodge had also improved on its interior space and adapted to the latest technology. The Dodge Dakota was a perfect vehicle for a medium-sized family and it could also be used for camping.
The Dodge Dakota is now a model of RAM. The Ram has new improved features and variations for the latest version. The overall style of the truck is incredible and the power and torque are improved. The layout, spacing, and engine have not transformed the Dodge Dakota into an excellent truck under the RAM banner.
Best small truck bed campers
The Dodge Dakota might not be available in the market now, but you can still get some of the best small truck campers to match your truck bed. Most of these truck bed campers are still available in the market and these are some of the best-suited truck bed campers with some unique features. Here are the best small truck bed campers.
GFC XL platform truck bed camper
This truck bed camper is made for those who take their naps seriously. It has enough hauling space to keep your extra gear like bikes, kayaks, etc. The sleeping area is wide and it has a queen-size bed. It comes with an installation kit that is designed for your vehicle and it also has operable hard side panels. The front and rear windows and frames can be custom-made.
Standard Snap Treehouse
This truck bed camper has an aluminum truck cap with a built-in rooftop insulated tent. This roof can also be raised easily and lowered with the help of a gas piston. The waterproof platform and foam matters have made this one of the best truck bed campers for a Dodge Dakota. Here are some of the key points of this truck bed camper listed down below.
- 4 side access doors that open on both sides of the cap.
- Insulated ceiling.
- Rear tailgate door.
- Red and white LED lights for the interiors.
- Four-sided all-season tent, no rain fly necessary.
- Two USD charging ports.
- One 12 v power port.
Installing this truck bed camper is also done with ease and it is easy to be carried around. This truck bed camper is perfect for the Dodge Dakotas with five-foot beds or even longer. The advantage of this camper is that it is custom-built and it has enough space to stock and store all your required gear. You can sleep comfortably with this truck bed camper.
Earth Cruiser pop up camper
This pop-up camper is one of the best due to the hard shell. These campers are strong and are excellent for off-road camping. They are also reliable and suitable for the Dodge Dakota. It has renewable power capabilities and it comes with a fold-out full-size bed. Some of the kitchen appliances are top-notch and are perfect for off-road cooking. Here are the key features listed below.
- 600-watt power inverter.
- Zamp 2 x 100 watt solar system.
- 90 amp house battery.
- Freezer / Fridge.
- 2.6-gallon water heater.
- Camper battery system.
- 9-gallon grey water tank.
- 22-gallon fresh water tank.
- 3-gallon propane tank.
The additional advantage of this truck bed camper is the awning. There are additional packages that can be purchased if necessary. A 90-watt portable solar panel and expandable dining table are some of the options. A water purification system and a Bluetooth stereo system can also be purchased.
Bahn’s custom truck camper
If you still find it hard to get a proper truck bed camper, you can get one customized like the Nahn’s custom truck camper. These campers are crafted according to your preference. It can have some of the best amenities for a payload camper. Some of the amenities include a 100 to 400-watt solar charging system. These are some of the best features that come with this camper.
- 1000-3000 watt pure sine wave inverter.
- Wet bath.
- AC panel.
- Compositing or cassette toilet.
- Custom hardwood veneer cabinets.
- Rear door ladder and racks.
Note that these truck bed campers are all customizable and they come according to the size of the camper. These campers can be made to fit any bed length on any model and make of a vehicle. The price can fluctuate according to the size of the truck and the camper. Overall, this is one of the best options for a Dodge Dakota truck bed camper.
Travel Lite Rayzr FB-M
- This travel trailer is light and it is comfortable and can be fixed with ease.
- Due to its lightweight, this truck bed camper can be carried around almost anywhere.
- The roof is wrapped in fiberglass and it has a natural wood construction.
- The floors and the walls are insulated and it has a 12,000 BTU furnace.
- The 20-pound gas tank and a 2-burner stainless steel stovetop are perfect for cooking.
A few more truck bed campers are available in the market but some of them might not be suitable for the Dodge Dakota. Getting a customized truck bed camper is one of the best options. Be sure to get a camper that is not too heavy so that the Dodge Dakota can carry the load with ease. Avoid adding unnecessary accessories to the camper.
In this blog post, we have answered the question “What is the best truck bed camper for the Dodge Dakota?” We have discussed truck bed campers and listed out some of the best truck bed campers. Leave us a comment below and let us know if any other truck bed campers suit the Dodge Dakota.