Can you live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Can you live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin?” We will also talk about Wisconsin’s best year-round campgrounds and RV parks, along with their features, amenities, and price range. We will touch upon the outdoor activities and the number of available campsites.
Can you live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin?
Yes, you can live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin. Camping in Wisconsin is common, and it is allowed as long as you follow the camping rules. Wisconsin has some of the best landscape that is perfect for motorhome enthusiasts. From lakes to forests, farmlands to rolling hills, Wisconsin is one of the best places in the US for camping.
No ordinance prevents living in an RV or camper in Wisconsin. However, it is essential to abide by the parking rules and follow the law as per the motorhome living rules in Wisconsin. Checking with the local council is important since the rules can change over time. Most of all, knowing some of the best campsites is important.
Best year-round campgrounds and RV parks in Wisconsin
It is impossible to park your camper anywhere and live in it randomly. Like any other US city, Wisconsin has its own parking laws. Living on a street in a camper is not recommended. The only way to get around this and successfully camp year-round in Wisconsin is by finding the best campgrounds and RV parks.
Here are some of the best year-round campgrounds and RV parks in Wisconsin.
Glacier Wilderness Campground
- The Glacier Wilderness Campground is one of Wisconsin’s best campsites that allow campers to camp year-round. This campground is located in the countryside with scenic views and beautiful surroundings. It is open year-round, allowing unlimited days for campers to camp. There are 11 campsites at this beautiful location.
- There are enough amenities that provide a comfortable stay. The dump station and water facilities are perks of this campground. It is also pet-friendly, and there are some outdoor activities like fishing. There are enough fire pits for all and showers, tent sites, and other amenities.
- It is located close to the Wolf River white water rafting. Several lakes are located near this campground for fishing, swimming, rafting, etc. The park also has cooking services for groups of 10 or more. Most of the campsites have electricity, and it starts at a minimal price range of $15.
Waters Edge Campgrounds
- The Waters Edge Campgrounds is situated near a beautiful river with 22 campsites. These campsites are located right on the Marina on the Mississippi River. Boating and fishing and one of the most outdoor activities for campers. All 22 campsites have electricity and water while half have a sewage connection.
- Other amenities include cabins, cable RV, dump station, full hookups, Wi-Fi access, laundry access, etc. These are pet-friendly campsites with enough tents and showers. The campsite price range starts from $25. The Waters Edge Campgrounds is located at Stoddard in Wisconsin and offers unlimited campers’ days.
Mohican RV Park
- The Mohican RV Park is another year-round campground well-known to RVers and camping enthusiasts. From RVs to fifth wheels and campers, the Mohican RV Park is open to all recreational vehicles. It is conveniently situated near the North Star Mohican Casino, and the price range starts at just $25.
- With 57 campsites on this vast property, the Mohican RV Park offers some of the best amenities. There is access to big rigs, and there is also a convenience store located in the park. There are 50-amp electric hookups with sewer access and full hookups to suit all RV lovers. This is a pet-friendly park that has a golf course.
Tilleda Falls Campground
- The Tilleda Falls Campground is located by the river, and there are 48 campsites at this beautiful location. Campers get to visit the waterfall and tubing river nearby. The beautiful sandy beach and fishing are the most attractive outdoor activities. The Tilleda Falls Campground starts at a price range of $30.
- There are cabin rentals, bikes, boats, pedal carts, and playgrounds for kids. It also has a bar and a deck that overlooks the falls. There is plenty of water, tent sites, showers, electricity, etc. It has a dump station with a convenience store to purchase all essentials. This is a family-friendly campground with internet access and Wi-Fi.
Antigo Lake RV Park
- The Antigo Lake RV Park is located in the town and is perfect for those who want a beautiful summer getaway. There are 12 campsites, starting with a price range of only $20. These campsites are padded with sewer hookups and a dump station. All campsites have electricity and water, but the showers are coin-operated.
- Despite being located near a town, it is still convenient for outdoor activities like fishing. Going fishing is not too far, and they allow unlimited days for campers.
Cedar Springs RV Park and Campsite
- The Cedar Springs RV Park and Campsite are situated around the beautiful countryside with 49 campsites. Each of these campsites has water, showers, and electricity. There is a dump station inside his park and a convenience store. Some of the attractions include man-made ponds.
- The Cedar Springs RV Park and Campsite are three miles from Castle Rock Lake. It also has 50-amp electric hookups and is pet-friendly. There is a playground for kids and good internet and Wi-Fi access.
Rivers Edge Campground and Marina
- The Rivers Edge Campground and Marina is a beautiful river-setting view with 184 campsites. All the campsites are equipped with water and electricity. Some of the best outdoor activities can be found at this beautiful park. There are four-wheel carts, bikes, etc. It has a dump station, bar, and grill facility with free Wi-Fi.
- The playground is perfect for kids, and the heated pool and bench area are just right to relax and unwind in nature. Some amenities include big rig access, 50-amp electric hookup, fire pits, laundry services, showers, tent sites, a convenience store, and more.
- Those were some of the best campsites for campers in Wisconsin. The best way to live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin is to find long-term RV parks. Many campgrounds provide long-term camping, and several websites provide valuable information on these campsites.
The most important part is to abide by Wisconsin’s parking laws and camping rules. Thousands of camper enthusiasts live year-round in their camper vans. Be sure to get the right campground with some of the best amenities and features. If you have a pet, make sure that the campground is pet-friendly.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Can you live in a camper year-round in Wisconsin?” We have also talked about Wisconsin’s best year-round campgrounds and RV parks, along with their features, amenities, and price range. We have touched upon the outdoor activities and the number of available campsites.