Can you install Alexa in an RV?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Can you install Alexa in an RV?” We will discuss the steps to install Alexa in an RV and the requirements. Furthermore, we will talk about the benefits of installing Alexa in an RV. At the end of this post, you will get to know how to install Alexa in an RV within a few hours.
Can you install Alexa in an RV?
Yes, you can install Alexa in an RV. With the right plug, you will be able to install Alexa in an RV with ease. There is no hassle in connecting Alexa in an RV when you are hooked up with shore power. However, you must use a USB cable to connect the Alexa while traveling, camping, or boondocking.
Another option is to plug in the Alexa to a plug point simply. Note that you will be required to have an active internet connection or Wi-Fi for Alexa to function if you do not have an internet connection. Alexa can only work as a speaker, and you need to connect it via Bluetooth to a device like your mobile phone.
Steps to Install Alexa in an RV
Installing Alexa or any smart speaker in an RV is a simple task, and it can be completed in less than a day. There are only a few steps to look into before installing Alexa in an RV. Here are the few steps described below.
Get the right power
- The most important tip is to get the right power. This includes the cable for your smart speaker. There are a few steps to install Alexa in an RV, but this depends on how often you use the device. It also depends on how frequently you park your RV and keep it connected to shore power.
- One of the easiest methods is to connect the 110-volt AC power to the RV with the help of the power cord and power adapter. This works well, especially if you are connected to shore power.
- Another simple step is to use a USP power plug in your RV. You can plug this into the cigarette lighter adapter that converts 12 volts to 5 amp 2.1 volts.
- Note that you will need a USB to micro USB cord. Make sure to get a long cord to place the Alexa where you want it to be.
Connect the speaker
- Once the power supply is connected, it’s time to get the smart speaker online. Alexa is a smart speaker, and it is bound to work efficiently only when it is connected to the internet. Hence, you will need access to Wi-Fi. This means your RV will need to have Wi-Fi access.
- Some people opt for paid Wi-Fi services, while others only use the device when connected to free Wi-Fi.
- Another easy option is to connect the device to the mobile internet simply. This is probably one of the easiest ways to connect to the internet, especially if you do not have an internet subscription. Remember that you need to have enough data on your mobile phone.
Install a holder
- Once Alexa is connected to the internet and the power cable is sorted, it’s time to install a holder. This is most important if you are traveling in an RV. It is not advised to simply place the speaker on a table in a spot where it can be moved.
- You will be required to install a holder for the speaker to keep it safe while you are on the move. You can easily purchase a holder online and fix it onto the RV wall. Select a convenient place and ensure it is not placed near a door or window.
- Make sure to get a holder that will match the size of the Alexa that you have. Use the screws that arrive with the holder to fix it on the wall. You can search for an Alexa wall mount online and get the right product.
Benefits of installing Alexa in an RV
Installing Alexa in an RV has several benefits, especially if you want to convert your rig into a smart RV. There are many benefits of installing Alexa in an RV. Here are some of the benefits described below.
Connect your television
- One of the biggest and most convenient parts is to connect your smart TV to Alexa. You can easily pair your Chrome Cast or Amazon Fire Stick with Alexa. The latest smart televisions have voice control facilities, and it is beneficial when you connect Alexa to the TV. You can also connect the Bluetooth RV stereo system to the RV and control it with your voice.
Connect the lights
- Most people find this one of the best features of installing Alexa in an RV. You get to pair all the LED lights and connect them to Alexa. You can easily control the outdoor lights by setting a timer. You can schedule a time for the lights to come on automatically when the sun goes down. However, the LED lights need to be smart.
Connect the door locks
- Installing Alexa is sure to bring you safety if smart door locks are installed on your RV doors. Smart locks can be installed in your RV, which can be paired easily with Alexa.
- The smart locks can be paired with Alexa, and you can control them with the application on your smartphone. In case you forget to lock the door, there is no need to come back. You can go ahead and lock the door while you are still outside. You can also connect a smart doorbell to the device.
- One of the top benefits of installing Alexa is smart security technology. You can easily install several security cameras and connect them to Alexa. You can view the camera on the smartphone, and it is one of the best features when it comes to security.
- Another useful feature of having an Alexa in an RV is connecting them to safety alarms. This way, there is no need to worry about where you park your RV. You can go ahead and pair the Alexa to the safety alarm systems.
Those were some of the benefits of installing Alexa in an RV. Alexa is not just used for listening to music, but it can also turn your entire RV into a smart home. This smart device is not too expensive, and it arrives at a moderate price. Make sure that the Alexa is connected to the internet since it is essential to function properly.
Installing an Alexa, Amazon Echo, or any smart speaker in an RV is easy. You just need the right cable to complete this task and a good internet connection to ensure the device is always connected. You will also need a speaker holder to secure the device properly while traveling.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Can you install Alexa in an RV?” We have discussed the steps to install Alexa in an RV and the requirements. Furthermore, we have talked about the benefits of installing Alexa in an RV. Do you have an Alexa installed in your motorhome? Leave us a comment below and let us know.