Can you convert a Honda Accord into a camper?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Can you convert a Honda Accord into a camper?” We will describe the steps to successfully convert a Honda Accord into a camper. We will also talk about some of the best roof-top tents for the Honda Accord. At the end of this post, you will get to know how to convert a Honda Accord into a camper.
Can you convert a Honda Accord into a camper?
Yes, you can convert a Honda Accord into a camper. Converting a Honda Accord into a camper is easy, but there are only a few things that can be added due to the size of the vehicle. It is also important to consider the gross weight and towing capacity of the vehicle before converting a Honda Accord into a camper.
Steps to convert a Honda Accord into a camper
To convert a Honda Accord into a camper, you will need to follow the steps described below.
Clear the trunk
- The Honda Accord is not an SUV and there are only limited options to convert this vehicle into a camper.
- You will need to make the best use of the space that is available in the Honda Accord.
- The first step will be to clear the trunk. Make sure that the trunk is empty and there is nothing inside. You can choose to keep the carpet on the floor if required.
Remove the rear seats
- The rear space is important and you will need to remove the rear seats to get that extra space.
- Remove the rear seats and make sure that there is nothing else behind the driver and front passenger seat.
- While removing the seats, be sure not to cause any damage to the interior walls of the car.
- Ensure that all the bolts and nuts are removed including the ones that hold the seat belts.
Clear the partition
- You will need to clear the partition that lies between the rear seats and the trunk. You should be able to see the behind of your fort sears from when you open the trunk.
- The partition is usually made out of a hard board and you will be required to remove the screws that are attached to the side of the car wall inside.
- You can still choose to keep the partition if required and store a couple of things behind.
Add a rooftop tent
- Installing a bed frame and a bed in a Honda Accord is not an easy task. The Honda Accord is restricted in terms of space and the only best option is to add a rooftop tent.
- You can use the space at the rear and the trunk space to install a battery and a few other appliances that will help you while camping.
- To install a rooftop tent, you will need to purchase one that matches your Honda Accord.
- Installing a rooftop tent on the Honda Accord is easy and it can be completed in just a couple of hours.
- You can also dismantle the tent when you are done camping and install it again when you need to get some rest. Just ensure to select the right rooftop tent for your vehicle.
Install a battery
- While camping, you will need to charge your gadgets and have some source of power. You can install a battery in your vehicle to charge your gadgets and a few small appliances.
- The best option is to install a 12V battery for your Honda Accord. You can purchase this battery at any automobile store or you can even purchase it online.
- Installing the battery is pretty easy and you can also store the battery in the trunk space.
Add window screens
- You can add some window screens in your vehicle for your privacy. Window screens will also give your camper a better look.
- You can add screens that have magnets or you can use Velcro to get the screens up.
- Window screens will also help you keep your vehicle cool while camping and you can also block out the light if necessary.
Add a mini fridge
- You can add a mini fridge at the rear space to keep all your perishable food items while camping. You can purchase a camping refrigerator and install it with ease. A mini fridge is a must-have, especially if you are camping on the outskirts.
- You can use the rear space behind the front seats for storing your roof-top tent and a few other appliances.
- Another option is to add a couple of shelves to store your camping gear. You can purchase a few shelves online or you can make these shelves on your own by using a little wood.
Best rooftop tents for the Honda Accord
There are several rooftop tents that are perfectly matched for the Honda Accord. These tents have enough space that can accommodate up to two people to sleep comfortably. These tents are also perfect for the Honda Accord and they have a decent price range. Here are some of the best rooftop tents and their features for the Honda Accord.
Thule Basin hard-shell rooftop tent
- The Thule Basin hard-shell provides ultimate protection in heavy rains and rough weather. With up to 23 cubic feet of storage space, you can sleep comfortably and also store extra gear.
- This tent is perfect for off-road camping and it is also easy to install and remove whenever required. It is built with a combination of cotton and polyester and it arrives with a two-year warranty.
Thule Tepui explorer kukenam
- The Thule Tepui explorer is yet another spacious and stylish roof-top tent. It arrives with a ladder and this tent has comfortable sleeping space for up to three people.
- This rooftop tent is perfect for SUVs but with a few adjustments, it can be fixed onto a Honda Accord. There are enough interior pockets and mounting brackets for this roof-top tent.
ARB III Simpson roof-top tent
- The ARB III Simpson camper is one the easiest roof-top tents that can be installed with ease. This tent arrives with a two-year warranty. The raised sleeping space and extra space are more than enough to store your extra baggage. The ARB III Simpson is also perfect for off-road camping and they are also perfect for mid-sized trucks.
Napier roof-top tent
- The Napier roof-top tent is made from comfortable foam and it is built from weatherproof polyester material.
- This tent also has three windows for ventilation and it arrives with an aluminum ladder.
- There is also a rainfly to keep you safe from rain. However, it arrives with only a one-year warranty. This roof-top tent is also adjustable and it can be customized.
Thule Tepui low-pro roof-top tent
- The Thule Tepui low-pro roof-top tent is a three-person tent with an aerodynamic and durable design. This tent has a two-year warranty and it can be folded down to just 10-inches when not in use. There is plenty of sleeping space in this tent and it is made up of durable thermoplastic material, which is 100 percent recyclable.
Off-grid voyager roof-top tent
- The off-grid voyager roof-top tent is another beautiful option for the Honda Accord. This tent has the right material and frame for outdoor camping. It is designed to mount any roof rack system and it arrives with an aluminum ladder.
- This tent is sturdy and it has a weight of 750 pounds. The off-grid voyager comes with a one-year warranty.
Those were some of the best roof-top tents perfect for the Honda Accord. These tents are easy to install, operate and unpack as well. A roof-top tent seems to be the best option for the Honda Accord. You can easily convert a Honda Accord into a camper if you follow the steps described in this post. Just be sure to get the right tent for camping.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Can you convert a Honda Accord into a camper?” We have described the steps to successfully convert a Honda Accord into a camper. We have also talked about some of the best roof-top tents designed for the Honda Accord.