Can you back up with a Husky centerline hitch?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Can you back up with a Husky centerline hitch?” We will discuss the best Husky centerline hitches for backup and talk about a few tips for selecting the right model. Additionally, we will describe what makes the Husky centerline hitch special.
Can you back up with a Husky centerline hitch?
Yes, you can back up with a Husky centerline hitch. A Husky centerline hitch has been commonly used to back up a trailer. However, note that the tongue weight should range from 800 to 1,200 pounds. You will need to know the total tongue weight for your trailer. This also includes the fully loaded weight and the weight of all the cargo in your trailer.
The Husky centerline is durable, safe, and provides optimal performance. This weight distribution hitch is designed to bring out the best performance and works well to back up a trailer with the given range. While this is also subjective to the overall tongue weight, there are plenty of options with several Husky centerline hitch models available.
Best Husky Centerline hitches for backup
Various types of Husky centerline hitches are available in the market to suit all types of vehicles. Here are some of the most common models, along with their features and specifications.
Husky 32216 TS
- The Husky 32216 TS arrives with spring bars, and they have a 400 to 600-pound tongue weight capacity. This single-unit centerline hitch is built with alloy steel and powder coated for a better finish. The weight of the Husky 32216 TS is only 101 pounds.
- The gross trailer weight is up to 6,000 pounds. It has a compact design and is highly responsive with a smooth ride. It also arrives with universal EZ adjustable frame brackets for easy installation.
Husky 32217 TS
- For trailers that have a tongue weight capacity of 600 to 800 pounds, the Husky 3217 TS is the perfect centerline hitch. It has a 16-inch ball and weighs only 110 pounds. One of the advantages is that the handle can be used to hook up and remove bards.
- This centerline hitch is forged with hardened steel components and is durable for long-term use. The hitch ball is also pre-installed and properly torqued, providing a gross trailer weight of up to 8,000 pounds.
Husky 30849 round bar
- The 30849 model is a round bar weight distribution hitch that weighs only 104 pounds. The material is alloy steel and powder coated. It has a black polyester finish that can resist rust and corrosion. There are interchangeable spring bars that are used for each side.
- This model arrives with assembly hardware and chains with a shank length of up to 10 inches. With the weight distribution hitch rated up to 1,200 pounds, the Husky 30849 round bar hitch has a gross trailer weight of up to 12,000 pounds. It has a 16-inch trailer ball and eight inches of total height adjustment.
Husky 31425 round bar
- If you have a tongue weight range of more than 1,000 to 1,400, this is one of the best options. With a gross trailer weight of up to 14,000 pounds, the Husky 31425 is one of the top-class models manufactured over time.
- It has a distribution shank with 8 inches of total height adjustment and a shank length of 10 inches. One of the major advantages of this model is the dual sway control technology. It has a raised ball platform for better coupler clearance.
Tips for selecting the right Husky centerline hitch
If you are unaware of selecting the right Husky centerline hitch, here are a few tips to help you get the right model. The Husky centerline hitch has various models based on the types of trailers that are available.
Get the tongue weight of the trailer
- First, you will need to know the tongue weight of your trailer. To do this, you need to get the weight of the vehicle without the trailer hooked up.
- Next, you must hook up the trailer and weigh the vehicle again. Note that the wheels of the trailer should not touch the scale. After this step, you must get the weight of the vehicle itself and minus it from the weight of the vehicle with the trailer attached. The difference is going to be the tongue weight of the trailer.
- Now that you have the tongue weight of the trailer, you can go ahead and select the right Husky centerline hitch based on the weight.
Provide the vehicle information
- Another easy way to select the right Husky centerline hitch is by providing the vehicle’s information. Simply go to the Husky centerline hitch websites and select the vehicle that you own to get the right hitch.
- Mention the year of the manufacturer, select the make, and select the model. Based on this information, you will get a list of Husky centerline hitches compatible with your vehicle.
Ask an expert
- If you are still unsatisfied with the first two steps, ask an expert to provide you with the right Husky centerline hitch to match your trailer. This is the easiest way out since the experts will answer all your questions and provide the correct details solution. You can contact customer service simply by calling them or emailing them.
A centerline hitch is crucial when it comes to backing up a trailer. The most essential part is getting to know the tongue’s weight. You can also ask a local mechanic to help you with this process if you cannot do it alone. Avoid purchasing a centerline hitch without asking an expert or knowing the tongue’s weight.
What makes Husky hitches special?
Husky is one of the top reputed companies when it comes to centerline hitches. They provide the best quality and features for customer satisfaction. These hitches are designed for superior performance and value for money. They are also way ahead of the competitors and are highly rated. Here are some of the common Husky centerline hitch features.
- Sway control
- Lift brackets
- Head and sprig bars
- Smooth and responsive
- No noise
- Trunnion-style spring bars
- Build to match popular weight ranges
- Deliver unmatched integrated weight distribution
- Extra ground clearance
- Top-quality shank and hitch ball.
While those were the common Husky centerline hitch features, some models can vary. Most of the products include the shank, ball mount, and ball. They are manufactured with strong steel to last longer. The Husky center hitches are durable, and arrive in an affordable price range.
The Husky centerline hitches are one of the best in the market, and have exceeded their expectations. These centerline hitches are not too expensive for their quality and are easily available. They also arrive with a warranty period and are designed to last longer when compared to the other hitches.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Can you back up with a Husky centerline hitch?” We have discussed the best Husky centerline hitches for backup and talked about a few tips for selecting the right model. Additionally, we have described what makes the Husky centerline hitch special.