Can you add auto-leveling systems for travel trailers?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Can you add auto-leveling systems for travel trailers?” We will discuss the auto-leveling systems for travel trailers along with the installation process. We will also talk about the electric and hydraulic auto-leveling systems and their uses. Furthermore, we will discuss the replacement parts, benefits, and the importance of auto-leveling systems.
Can you add auto-leveling systems for travel trailers?
Yes, you can add auto-leveling systems to travel trailers. Class A motorhomes and towable recreational vehicles are usually equipped with an auto-leveling system. These are otherwise known as hydraulic leveling systems. Leveling your vehicle with manual jacks and stabilizers can be a difficult and tiring process.
The auto-leveling system for travel trailers can be done with a push of a button. The good news is that you can add these auto-leveling systems to your vehicle. Be it a motorhome, travel trailer, or fifth wheel, you can get an auto-leveling system and get the job done with only a push of a button. Bear in mind that these devices can be expensive but they are a one-time investment.
Auto leveling systems for travel trailers
The auto-leveling systems for travel trailers are designed for perfection. These devices will save you time and a lot of effort than using manual auto-leveling systems. It will hardly take you time to set up your rig and get started. It’s extremely helpful while camping and there is no major work involved once you get this system fixed.
Installing a travel trailer auto leveling system
There are several benefits to an auto-leveling system. The biggest benefit is saving your time and hard work. Installing a travel trailer auto-leveling system will not take time, but it can be done with a professional mechanic. You can try to do this on your own, but you must have some prior experience in the process.
Electric auto-leveling systems
Choosing electric auto-leveling systems is the best way to go ahead with this process. They can be fixed fast with their quick campsite setup. Some travel trailer leveling systems come with a power tongue jack. It gives you accurate leveling and perfect stabilization. Some of these features include an auto-hitch function with the best technology.
Auto leveling systems for fifth wheels
We all know that fifth wheels are different than traditional travel trailers. All fifth wheels will require this system at one point and the good news is that these systems can be fixed for most of the fifth wheels. There are four-point and six-point assemblies that are available for fifth wheels. They are specially designed for fifth wheels with the best technology.
Fifth wheel auto-leveling system features
The features are pretty much the same as the travel trailer auto-leveling systems. Since the purpose is the same, there are not many differences. These systems consist of the same auto-hitch memory that consists of functionality. It stores your camper’s position when it is detached from the two-vehicle. There is no hard work required with these auto-leveling systems.
Hydraulic auto-leveling systems
The only difference for fifth wheels is the hydraulic auto-leveling systems instead of the electric systems. Hydraulic systems are more common for fifth wheels than compared to the electric systems that are used for travel trailers. This system consists of a 6-point leveling system that is perfectly set to give you the right stability.
Motorhome auto-leveling systems
Motorhome auto-leveling systems are not easy to install like travel trailers and fifth wheels. However, the good news again is that most Class A, Class B, and Class C motorhomes do come with automatic leveling systems. At least, the latest models are already equipped with one. There is a chance of getting one installed with the automatic leveling kit.
Type of auto-leveling systems
The type of auto-leveling system that is used in these motorhomes is hydraulic. These come with a four-point configuration that is used to keep your RV at the right level. It consists of the same one-touch procedure and is easy to use. Just take your motorhome to a dealer to get the job done since this is not recommended to be done on your own.
Replacement parts for auto-leveling systems
The good news is that there are several opportunities to get replacement parts for these auto-leveling systems. Most of these systems are built to last long and there might not be a need for replacement. If the situation arises, there are plenty of options to get these parts. From pumps to jack pads, almost every part can be found in the same place where your purchase the system.
Benefits of using an auto-leveling system
- Time and effort is the biggest benefit but there are several other reasons to use these auto-leveling systems for your motorhome.
- One-touch auto-leveling systems can be set up within a few minutes.
- The overall camping experience is easy and there is no need to go under the trailer to get these things done manually.
- Most travel trailers come with slide-outs and these slide-outs will require to be stable.
- Even campsites have slopes and not every place is perfectly level for parking a travel trailer. An auto-leveling system is easy to use.
- There is no hassle with this process once you have the system installed in the motorhome.
Electric travel trailer auto-leveling system features
Hydraulic auto-leveling systems are still widely used but electric systems are considered to be easy to use. These systems can be operated even through your smartphone and or Wi-Fi. They are precise in their leveling and are equipped with the latest technologies. These are some of the electric auto-leveling system features.
- Easy to use and no hydraulics required.
- Retract functions and hands-free operation.
- Hitch recognition to help return the trailer automatically to the unhooked position.
- Easy to read buttons, LCD screen, wall-mount touchpad controller.
- App control features.
- 4 rear power jacks to level the trailer with precision.
- Strong steel construction.
- Separate installation brackets and spacers.
Disadvantages of manual jacks
- Manual jacks require more effort and there are a lot of other things involved when you try to level a trailer manually. The process will require wedges, chocks, and other things to get the job done.
- When it comes to automatic leveling, there is no need for such things, and you can end up saving time. Another disadvantage is carrying around the things for manually leveling the trailer.
- Upgrading your trailer to the automatic leveling system is easy and it can be done within a couple of hours.
- Be sure to do enough research online while purchasing an auto-leveling travel trailer system. There are many brands in the market and some reputed ones like Lippert have been well-recognized for their quality products.
Importance of auto-leveling systems
Some of the other brands like equalizer systems are also noted for their great products. You can purchase these products online and get an expert to fix them for you. Most of these auto-leveling systems come with a one-touch operation. It hardly takes a few minutes for your vehicle to stabilize and become secure.
Many people do not feel the need for having an auto-leveling system. However, camping is going to be a tough process and most people will find it hard eventually. Installing an auto-leveling system is sure to help you in the long run and these systems are going to be a huge benefit. There is no need to worry about any unbalanced surface with these auto-leveling systems.
In this blog post, we have answered the question “Can you add auto-leveling systems for travel trailers?” We have discussed the auto-leveling systems for travel trailers along with the installation process. We have also talked about the electric and hydraulic auto-leveling systems and their uses. Furthermore, we have discussed the replacement parts, benefits, and the importance of auto-leveling systems.