Can I sell my static caravan privately?
In this blog post, we will answer the following question: Can I sell my static caravan privately? We will give you advice on selling your static caravan and get the best price for it.
Can I sell my static caravan privately?
Yes, you can sell your static caravan privately to an off park client, or you can also sell it through a trader or dealer.
When selling a static caravan privately, you usually have two options:
- Selling your static caravan and the plot: this option opens up real opportunities to you. This solution is very interesting for the potential buyer because he already has a holiday resort and does not incur any additional costs for the installation of the static caravan (transport, wedging, connections).
- Selling your static caravan without a plot: The potential customer will have to organize for the removal, the transport and the installation on his new plot. As such, calling in a professional is necessary.
Where can you sell your static caravan?
There are several places where you can place an ad that you are selling your static caravan:
- You can place an ad on an online website such as buymystaticcaravan.com or static-caravans-forsale.com. This gives you the audience you need to sell your static caravan as quickly as possible. This guarantees you total transparency because there is no more intermediary.
Here are the steps to follow if you want to sell your static caravan online:
Step 1: Create your account
Step 2: Create your sales ad
Step 3: Locate the ad on your campsite or off the pitch
Step 4: Select the model, options and characteristics
Step 5: Enter the sale price and integrate your photos
- Sell your second-hand static caravan through free classified ads on websites and free newspapers.
- Trade-in your second-hand static caravan to a dealer or reseller if you need to buy a new model.
How to sell a static caravan on a campsite?
To sell your static caravan on a rented plot on a campsite, you must first seek the agreement of the manager. Indeed, he is the owner of the site you occupy and it is he who will have to sign the new rental contract with the buyer.
If he refuses, the sale can only be done outside the campsite. You will then have to take out your static caravan. Your chances of attracting a buyer may decrease unless they have already found another campsite ready to receive them.
You can charge the campsite manager with the sale. It will then be necessary to determine its obligations. In general, they consist of paying for the visits and marketing the property. In return, you will pay him a commission, the amount of which will have been fixed by mutual agreement.
What price to sell your static caravan?
The price of your static caravan will be determined according to several criteria:
- the model, the surface, the age, its location, the general condition, roof 2 slopes or 4 slopes
- central or panoramic lounge, sleeping kit and crockery kit equipment
- the cost of the annual rent of the site on which your static caravan is installed
- the various charges inherent to the Campsite or the PRL
There is no official rating for used static caravans or cars, but here are some guidelines to help you establish a consistent selling price. This rating is based on the transaction practices of professionals and takes into account the devaluation percentages applied to the prices of new products according to the date of manufacture of the static caravan.
|Years||Beginning value||Annual discount (in%)||Residual value (in%)|
As mentioned, the selling price of a static caravan is set according to its brand, model, equipment, year, state of disrepair and terrain; if sold on a campsite. In this case, your static caravan will be enhanced by its green plot, its exterior accessories, its terrace and its shed. The main advantage is that the buyer will not have to worry about finding a campsite and paying transportation and installation costs which can add to the costs.
To determine the selling price of your second-hand static caravan we recommend that you list your property on the static caravan rating site. This reference site is based on numerous quotes made by professionals and allows you to enhance your static caravan when it is sold on its campsite. Be careful not to rely too much on the selling prices on classified ads sites, because they are often overestimated by individuals, who compare their static caravan to real estate.
Our advice for the successful sale of your static caravan
The following advice may seem like very straightforward tips, but they are, nonetheless, essential:
- Reread your rental contract: Reread carefully the terms of sale located in the rental agreement of the campsite that you signed on your arrival. Indeed, some campsites impose restrictions on the age of the second-hand static caravan, commissions on sales or quite simply refusals of sale between individuals.
- Make a clear and complete description of the static caravan. List all interior and exterior equipment. Take into account the general condition to avoid any surprises for the buyer and you avoid wasting time.
- Take good quality photos (interior & exterior). Photos are very important because they add value to your ad to differentiate you from another ad. They allow the future buyer to see the general condition of your second-hand static caravan and its location on the campsite plot. The photos must be of good quality and in quantity, at least one photo per room in the accommodation, i.e. 6 to 8 photos per advertisement.
- Be responsive when a customer contacts you. Give preference to the telephone. A buyer generally makes several requests and you will have a better chance of selling your static caravan if you are the first to contact him and if the property corresponds to him.
- Anticipate the administrative procedures of the sale. Take out your purchase invoice mentioning the chassis number and the year of the static caravan. You will be asked for it by the buyer and will have to be entered on the document for the transfer of the property.
To sell your static caravan more quickly, it is recommended to consult the sales announcements posted online or in the newspapers. This way the dealer can get an idea of the price. He will then make sure to align his so that it is more attractive. It’s sort of a competitive study.
Another tip is to always make sure to keep the interior and exterior immaculate, to allow for unforeseen visits from potential buyers. This is not to hide flaws, but rather to clean well to give a better appearance to the caravan. Besides the thorough cleaning, a light stroke of “polish” on the body is a good idea!
Do you have any questions or comments on the content? Let us know!
FAQ on Can I sell my static caravan privately?
Is now a good time to sell a caravan?
It is difficult to say if now is a good time to sell a caravan because, during the year, demand in the used market fluctuates a lot. Buyers will indeed tend to favour certain periods, in particular, to invest in a caravan, depending on their financial resources at a specific time in particular, or their plans for the year, for example.
When is it best to sell a caravan?
The start of the calendar year is a great time to post your ad. During this period, individuals sometimes received year-end bonuses which can sometimes turn out to be quite high. In addition to vacation planning, a large investment such as a used caravan for them is often made early in the year!
The costs of a caravan depend on whether they are pre-owned, new, large, luxurious, simple, etc. However, an estimate (from a used one to a new luxury one) is between $ 15,000 USD to $ 100,000 USD.
How to sell an RV for the most money?
To sell an RV for the most money you need to research the current RV market and determine what your model is worth. Once you have determined the fair market value for your RV, you will be in a better position to get the most money for it.
- Selling a Static Caravan? Read our full guide for success
- How can I sell my static caravan?
- How Do I Benefit If I Sell My Static Caravan To a Trader?