This blog post will answer the following question: Can a Mazda CX 5 tow a horse float? We will review the Mazda CX 5 and tell you everything there is to know about this model.
Can a Mazda CX 5 tow a horse float?
With a maximum towing capacity of 1800 kilograms, a Maxda CX 5 could manage to tow a horse float with only one horse. Take into consideration the weight of the horse, the harness/food & water, and the weight of an empty trailer. Do not tow more than your car’s towing capacity, as you could put both yourself and the horse in danger.
Mazda CX 5 Towing Capacity
|Year||Towing Capacity From||Towing Capacity To|
Mazda CX 5: A complete review
Mazda CX 5 is a compact SUV that went into production in 2012. The new Mazda CX-5 is an SUV in the true sense of the word, interior space, comfort and safety. The Mazda CX-5 comes with exciting engines and innovative technologies.
Mazda CX-5 exterior design
On the outside, the power marks the typical silhouette that we are used to lately on Sedan models.
At the front, we notice a chrome element that starts at the left headlight and ends at the right headlight. The elongated optical blocks seem to somehow resemble the new BMW 3 Series that will be launched next year.
I also like this plastic band that surrounds the car and will not be exposed to gravel or on more challenging roads to scratch the bottom sheet. The hood has two ribs to accentuate the robustness and strength of the car.
Looking at the car from the side, we notice a silhouette with clear lines, a very well-designed SUV looks very good, something to be appreciated by many potential customers. In higher equipment versions the car can be configured with chrome around the windows.
This aileron with this dolphin wing also has something special and the way the tailgate was designed with this very interesting hollow made, which includes the registration number.
Mazda CX-5 Interior
Once you get behind the wheel you will find that all the interior is of very good quality, including the doors there is soft plastic pleasant to the touch. The dashboard is simple and elegant.
There are too many buttons on the centre console as we find in other manufacturers it is clear that Mazda has taken a lot in recent years to the European market and has managed to make a car that is appreciated by European customers.
It has an elegant and refined elegant interior. The watches are analogue but look very good. The steering wheel is covered in leather in three spokes and has several controls on it such as radio commands answering the phone. In the central part above the vents, we find a 7-inch multimedia screen MZD Connect where you can control the settings of the car.
The cabin is well soundproofed which gives a state of silence without hearing the traffic and other horns. And ergonomics makes its presence felt inside there are generous storage spaces in the doors but also the glovebox is large enough to store even two one-litre bottles.
Other questions you may be interested in
Mazda CX-5 engines
The new Mazda cx-5 comes in five levels of equipment. The base price for this model is 23,000 dollars. The equipment levels are Emotion, Challenge, Takumi, Revolution and Revolution top.
The 2-litre 6-euro petrol engine is available for Emotion.
Mazda CX-5 2.0 petrol consumption 6.4 l / 100 km combined, extra-urban consumption 5.6 l / 100 km and urban consumption 7.7 l / 100 km. Data is provided by the manufacturer and may increase depending on driving style and traffic.
The Challenge equipment comes with a petrol engine and a 6-speed manual transmission and the all-wheel-drive 4 × 4. The engine has a combined consumption of 7.2 l / 100 km and extra-urban 6.2 l / 100 km, and urban consumption of 8.8 l / 100 km.
The diesel of the Mazda CX-5are 185 hp develops a torque of 445Nm and can be configured in higher versions. It is a 2.2-litre engine that manages to get good fuel consumption. Mixed consumption 5.5 l / 100 km, extra-urban 5.1 l / 100 km and urban 6.2 l / 100 km
Emotion standard equipment includes air conditioning, LED headlights, autopilot, central locking, electric coolers, automatic braking system in the city and even G-Vectoring Control technology.
Mazda CX-5 extras
Mazda CX-5 keeps pace with technology incorporating the latest active and passive safety features and systems:
- G-Vectoring Control – This function found on the Mazda CX-5 aims to adjust the torque in corners to optimize each wheel’s load. Improved steering and improved handling.
- SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS allows the Mazda CX-5 to connect harmoniously with its driver for more driving pleasure.
- i-ACTIV all-wheel drive. This system gives the driver better control when accelerating as well as when cornering, braking or on slippery roads. Like G-Vectoring Control, this system adjusts torque on the rear wheels to create grip on the planet and at the same time gives you a safe driving experience.
The system uses 27 sensors. All-wheel drive comes into operation only when necessary by adjusting the torque 200 times per second.
- SKYACTIV BODY and SKYACTIV CHASSIS. Mazda has a lower SkyActiv body in terms of weight and also saves fuel. The suspension has also been improved, but the soundproofing also offers peace and a pleasant atmosphere.
- Active driving colour display. All the essential information behind the wheel is visualised through the 7-inch colour screen; the text is easy to read, which gives you even more comfort. On the screen are also the navigation instructions and the i-ACTIVSens safety warnings projected on that screen above the centre console.
- Recognition of traffic signs. Recognition of traffic signs has proven to be an effective system if the driver is careless and does not notice a road sign. The system consists of a front camera with sensors that detect the speed limit written on the indicator and the indicators of yield passing or STOP.
If you exceed the maximum legal speed, you will be warned by audible and light signals.
- 360-degree monitoring system to see other obstacles next to the car when moving from a tight place.
Overall the Mazda CX-5 left an excellent impression on me. The Japanese have worked hard to improve this car, which can be seen. It’s an update more than welcome for those who had another Maza CX-5 of the previous generation, or why not an SUV of the same class. Mazda CX-5 manages to surprise you when you drive it.
The Mazda CX-5 is a sleek and sporty SUV at the same time. And according to Mazda, every driver who drives a Mazda should feel in perfect harmony. Mazda CX-5 competes with Volkswagen Tiguan, Skoda Karoq, Opel Antara.
This rather large competition in the compact SUV segment could bring the Mazda CX-5 the star of the most elegant, chic and technological car. But we must also take into account the competition in that segment, which is quite tight.
Please let us know if you have any comments or questions on the content.
FAQ on Can a Mazda CX 5 tow a horse float?
Can a Mazda cx3 tow a caravan?
A Mazda CX-3 has a maximum towing capacity of 900 kilograms, making it able to pull a small and lightweight caravan.
How much is a tow bar for a Mazda 3?
A tow bar for a Mazda 3 can vary from $350 for a Mazda 3 Sedan (2003-2013) to $735 for the newer models (2013-2019).
Can a Mazda 5 tow a trailer?
A Mazda 5 can tow a lightweight trailer. As long as you are careful and the trailer’s weight doesn’t exceed 85% of the car’s kerb weight, you should be able to tow with a Mazda 5.