Are Vertiyak kayak racks good for RVs and campers?
In this blog post, we will answer the question: “Are Vertiyak kayak racks good for RVs and campers?” We will discuss the features of Vertiyak kayak racks along with their benefits and price range. We will also talk about a few tips to purchase a kayak rack for an RV. At the end of this post, you will get to know all about Vertiyak kayak racks.
Are Vertiyak kayak racks good for RVs and campers?
Yes, Vertiyak kayak racks for RVs and campers are good. Vertiyak kayak racks is an outstanding and notable brand that has been in the market for a long time. Vertiyak kayak racks are constructed with top-quality materials and they also arrive at an affordable price. These kayak racks are widely used and are perfect for most RV models.
Vertiyak kayak racks are manufactured and produced in Elkhart, Indiana. These kayak racks are easy to install and they can also be installed on travel trailers, SUVs, and smaller cars. These racks are strong and they last long despite arriving at an affordable price. Vertiyak kayak racks also have hitch mounts for kayaks and paddle boats.
Vertiyak kayak rack features
One of the major features of the Vertiyak kayak racks is their simplicity. These kayak racks are not too complex and they are versatile at the same time. Here are some of the features of the Vertiyak kayak racks for RVs and campers.
Easy to install
- Since these kayak racks are simple, they are easy to install and it hardly takes time to get these installed on your RV. The good news is that the Vertiyak kayak rack can be installed by a single person. It arrives with an instruction manual for easy installation.
- When it comes to kayak racks for RVs, Vertiyak kayak racks are the first to come to mind. One of the major reasons is their competitive price range when compared to other RV kayak racks. The Vertiyak kayak racks for RVs only cost $449.
- Most of the other kayak racks for RVs can be expensive. If you are looking for something on a budget, the Vertiyak kayak rack is one of the best options.
They are versatile
- Not every kayak rack can be used on an RV, trailer, camper, and SUV. However, the Vertiyak kayak is versatile and it can be installed as a carrier behind any vehicle.
- This kayak can also be installed on a jeep. However, you will need a hitch extender to allow clearance for the rear tire. It can easily store up to two kayaks and two paddleboards without any hassle.
- The Vertiyak kayak rack weights up to 46 pounds but it has the capacity to hold a weight of 150 pounds. They also arrive with two ratcheting straps for better protection.
- This vertical kayak rack can hold kayaks up to 12 feet in length. You can also use this for smaller kayaks. The Vertiyak kayak racks work well for RVs and campers and they also work best with frame-welded receivers.
One year warranty
- The Vertiyak kayak rack also arrives with a one-year warranty. This warranty covers all manufacture defects and you can also get the product replaced if it is extensively damaged.
- It also has easy returns if the package is returned in the original package. Note that you will need to pay the return UPS and you get the purchase amount returned to your Paypal account.
- Vertiyak kayak racks have developed an anti-rattle device due to various hitches that are available in the market. Some hitches have extra play movement that can cause a lot of rattling.
- The anti-rattle device slides into the Vertiyak tube and it then slides into the hitch itself. This also arrives with a lock washer and a threaded bolt. You can tighten both to secure the inside of the hitch.
Easy shipping process
- It is pretty easy to get a Vertiyak RV kayak anywhere in the continental US. They can be shipped without any hassle and it costs the same as the price of the rack itself. However, if you plan on shipping these racks outside the country, it might take a long time and you will need to pay the shipping costs and tax.
- Note that Hawaii and Alaska are excluded from the list of other states.
Those were some of the best features of the Vertiyak kayak racks. These kayak racks are perfect for RVs and campers and it is one of the best options to choose when compared to the other expensive kayak racks. Remember that some vehicles will need a hitch for better clearance and some vehicles will need the anti-rattle device.
Tips to purchase a kayak rack for an RV
Purchasing a kayak rack for an RV is not big deal but there are a few tips that will help you decide to choose the best model. Too many kayak models online can get confusing. Hence, it is important to consider a few tips before purchasing a kayak rack. Here are some of the key tips described below.
Check the weight capacity
- One of the most important things to look for is weight capacity. In some cases, your kayak might be heavy and the rack might not be able to accommodate the weight. Be sure to check the weight capacity of the kayak rack.
Type of kayak racks
- There are different types of kayak racks when it comes to RVs and campers. There are J-style racks and saddle racks. It is important to know the type of kayak racks for your vehicle. J-style racks are the standard racks that are used and they are also a good fit for small cars. These racks can be used on the roof of the vehicle.
- Saddle racks are another option to consider, especially if you are unable to reach the top of the vehicle. These racks are easy to load and they are perfect to mount as well.
Consider the price
- At last, it is always good to consider the price of the kayak rack that you choose to purchase. There are many options available and some kayak racks can be expensive for no reason. Consider racks like the Vertiyak kayak rack for RVs and campers. They are cheap and durable at the same time.
In this blog post, we have answered the question: “Are Vertiyak kayak racks good for RVs and campers?” We have discussed the features of Vertiyak kayak racks along with their benefits and price range. We have also talked about a few tips to purchase a kayak rack for an RV. Have you used a Vertiyak kayak rack before? Let us know in the comments below.